Will Conor vs Khabib be like Conor vs Alvarez?

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I just looked at the Conor vs Alvarez fight.

Conor’s punches for the first 3 knockdowns were so fast i couldn’t even see them at regular speed.

Conor’s accuracy was off the charts. It looks like Conor is just lightly touches Alvarez and he is wobbled. It is a great display of Conor’s “precision beats power” and “timing beats speed” quote.

How is Khabib ever going to get in with his sloppy, slow, bumrush takedowns?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
There are no differences whatsoever between Khabib and Eddie

I defy you to think of a single one

They are twins and they fight identically

Sometimes I watch a Khabib fight and think: "wow was that Eddie Alvarez?"

Funny how you use Iaquinta (who stuffed Kevin Lee 7/8 times) as an example when he spent the first two rounds on his ass after Khabib easily took him down. That happens to Conor and he's a finished, tired bum who gets murdered for 5 rounds.

Conor fans comparing Khabib to Eddie<45> WWE Ronda noobs.

Khabib will send Conor there with her{<jordan}

MMA-Conor-McGregor-loss1.jpg

Last edited:
90% of the ppl here will say no but...

Probably.

If Khabib had a Mendes style double then he'd have a better chance closing the distance without getting rocked.

Khabib is sloppier than Eddie but has stronger top game. It will end earlier than Eddie fight IMO. Conor KO R1 30 secs.

Possibly but not likely.

Eddie gets rocked and dropped damn near every fight but recovers fast. The first left that connects with Khabibs face and how he reacts will likely foreshadow the result of the fight.

Possibly but not likely.

Eddie gets rocked and dropped damn near every fight but recovers fast. The first left that connects with Khabibs face and how he reacts will likely foreshadow the result of the fight.
Khabib cuts more weight than Eddie. His brain has no enough liquor to survive.

I hate them both so much I just want this crap to be over with so Tony or Dustin can beat them.

Conor’s punches for the first 3 knockdowns were so fast i couldn’t even see them at regular speed.

Conor’s accuracy was off the charts. It looks like Conor is just lightly touches Alvarez and he is wobbled. It is a great display of Conor’s “precision beats power” and “timing beats speed” quote.

giphy.gif

He knows he can't be sloppy. He'll be patient with his hands up and shoot as soon as he can, especially against the cage. Alvarez is not even comparable to Khabib in grappling.

giphy.gif

Comer punches are like lightning in a deep fat fryer at full grease capacity and all the way hot!

Probably more like Conor/Aldo. I expect a quick KO within the first minute or two.

But goddamn it would be so much more entertaining if it ended up more like the Alvarez fight: Conor just stuffs multiple take downs and keeps countering and dropping Khabib over and over again until the damage is too much for him to endure any longer. The haters would be so humiliated! They wouldn't even be able to convince themselves that Khabib only lost because he got sloppy/careless like they did with Aldo, because a much longer fight more akin to the Eddie one would show that Conor is just too much for Khabib to handle on any given night.

He knows he can't be sloppy. He'll be patient with his hands up and shoot as soon as he can, especially against the cage. Alvarez is not even comparable to Khabib in grappling.

Eddie Alvarez is believed to be one of the few people that might be a tough match for Khabib.

Eddie wasn't even interested in the takedowns until after he gets dropped twice. He never really committed to one until after he was damaged, and never challenged Conor's cardio with pressure.

Eddie was still looking to strike after getting bested on multiple occasions, and didn't have the fight IQ to adapt. He was content to stay striking, even though he should've employed the same strategy as he did versus Pettis with cage pressure. He didn't even have to land the takedown, all he needed to do was make Conor work against the cage. Conor's underhooks would've eventually worn out his arms had Eddie stayed against the fence and threatened the takedown repeatedly.

Eddie really shines in the later rounds with his perseverance, but he let Conor fight his fight, and let Conor end the fight before Conor got tired. I still to this day don't understand why he abandoned using pressure against Conor, when he used it so well to deny Pettis any of the distance needed for his offense.

I feel like by the 3rd or 4th round, Conor would be pretty gassed and Eddie could work standup with much more success. He could probably also manage takedowns at that point as well. Eddie has much better cardio than Conor, but never pushed to the point where it would be effective.

I hope Khabib doesn't do anything as stupid as being prideful enough to stand with Conor at the start of the fight, because that'll be opening the door to let Conor win.

Ronda has more fluid striking than Khabib. His only hope is diving for Conor’s ankles and staying out of range of Conor’s hands. If Conor stuffs the first 2 takedown attempts this fight is going be over quicker than the fight with Eddie. Like a grown man beating his child.

Back