Will Conor still be a draw after Khabib beats him?

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
Conor signed an 8 fight deal, but much of his appeal has to do with his personality coupled with his ability to prove doubters wrong.

When Khabib physically assaults him, will he lose this appeal? Will he still be a draw?

Well, that's IF not WHEN. If you don't think Conor has a chance to win this fight, then you're just a fucking idiot.

But Khabib definitely has a great chance to win. If Conor loses, it will look ugly, especially in the later rounds. I don't think Conor will lose his star power, at least not right away.

I mean, your question was kind of already answered. He lost against Nate Diaz, then sold 1.6 million PPVs in the rematch against Diaz. So if anything his star power increased. The real question is, how does Conor maintain his star power if he loses to Khabib a 2nd time*. Because if he loses 2-3 fights and looks "done", then he will definitely lose his drawing power.

If Conor loses to Khabib, he will likely fight Nate Diaz again, a fight I think he wins. From there, Conor can beat Poirier and Tony Ferguson easily. Neither of those guys have the takedowns to threaten him, and Conor destroys them in the standup.

The only 2 fighters at 155 I see giving Conor a hard time are Kevin Lee and Khabib, specifically because both have great takedowns to nullify Conor's standup. McGregor simply has the best standup in MMA. If you don't believe that, then you're deluding yourself.

Khabib will be KO'd on his feet inside one and finished in 2nd.

The guy has 26 million followers, he will still be a draw if he loses. Thing that makes him a big draw is his mouth. There are fighters who fights better than him.

As much as I dislike his antics, the answer is yes.
Diaz 3 is waiting to be made.

Diaz 3 will always be the safety net for after his next loss in MMA

Yes, Conor could get starched in his next 3 fights and still sell 1m PPV's his next fight

Conor fuck, but the man draws attention. No denying his star power.

Ironically, Khabib will probably gain nothing from beating Conor as its almost considered a foregone conclusion stylistically.

Whereas Conor's legend and ego will only explode if he beats Khabib.

Back