Will Conor or the UFC's PPV numbers ever come close to beating Mayweather's?

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
We all heard Dana say "All the numbers are tracking higher than Mayweather vs McGregor PPV numbers".

Dana said it was going to be 3 million buys.

I don't see why Conor couldn't come close since he's just as famous as Mayweather right now. Or is MMA still too niche compared to boxing to get these numbers?

UFC 202 Diaz vs. McGregor 2
UFC 196
McGregor vs. Diaz
UFC 205
Alvarez vs. McGregor
UFC 100
Lesnar vs. Mir
UFC 194
Aldo vs. McGregor

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao Mayweather
Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor Mayweather Jr.
Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Mayweather Jr.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Canelo Álvarez Mayweather Jr.
Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield II Holyfield

Nah

MMA fans are younger and smarter and know how to stream

Boxing fans are mostly dumb over 50 year olds that just pay for the PPV

Haha fuck no
The red clown will say they did 3x tho

We will see from how big the after party is:

Lemonade.png

Boxing is still a much bigger sport, mma doesn't come close especially when it's a Superfight.

Plus as mentioned mma fans are younger and more likely to stream for free.

Conor doesn't have another A side in mma right now. Floyd had other stars to fight during his career in Conor, Pac, Canelo, and de la Hoya. You look at his ppvs vs other guys and he isnt doing Conor numbers. For instance his fight with Berto did around 500k.

The biggest fight for Conor is if he wins tonight and faces GSP. That would be even bigger.

Conor doesn't have another A side in mma right now. Floyd had other stars to fight during his career in Conor, Pac, Canelo, and de la Hoya. You look at his ppvs vs other guys and he isnt doing Conor numbers. For instance his fight with Berto did around 500k.
Conor can fight a no name and still pull in huge numbers, Floyd cant do that. How people still dont get that is either blind hate or delusion.

Nah

Or maybe they're just broke millennials? :D

I heard a lot of the Irish mma fans were surprised by the prices for Mayweather vs McGregor and couldn't the afford tickets.

I remember watching a game 7 stanley cup final game and the front rows were nothing but people in their 50s and up.

Nah

Lol. There's some truth here though.
2 mil would be great, I don't know why Dana sabotages the figures by predicting so frigging high, klutz.

In 2038, when they require helmets for boxing and most fans are born after 1990 the UFC may take the lead. Too many dumb ass Baby Boomers still think boxing is great. They relive the 1970-90s era of boxing and cant come to terms that its been dogshit since the 90s

Boxing is still a much bigger sport, mma doesn't come close especially when it's a Superfight.

Plus as mentioned mma fans are younger and more likely to stream for free.

That's not strictly true, Canelo/GGG just sold 1.1 mil. Conor/Khabib will smash that tonight.

I believe Khabib is becoming a bigger star through this. You can never underestimate the drawing power of an undefeated record, especially a cold Russian one who has never lost a round. Between Conor and the story, I'd be surprised if this doesn't break 3M, certainly at least 2.5 million. I believe it will do 3.5-4M PPV buys when it's all said and done, and could go higher.

i just hope it gets over 1 mill ppv buys

Conor is a bigger draw overall, but his opponents aren’t even close to the same level of draw power that Mayweather’s were. When Floyd wasn’t fighting a big name his ppv sells plummeted. I think his fight with Berto did like 500k. You could put McGregor with any fighter in the division and he’d do more than 500k. But Mayweather was fighting huge names which contributed significantly to ppv sells. Pacquiao, Alvarez, Cotto, Mosley etc. are all waaay bigger names than Khabib, Eddie, Aldo and probably even Diaz.

Back