Will Conor ever legitimize himself as 155 champion?

giphy.gif
LOL this sums things up pretty well. I say Conor just needs to defend the LW belt against the #1 contender. Thats why Khabib refused the Aldo Interim fight IMO. Conor would have just said he needs to fight Ferguson anyway, Interim be damned.

Guy just fought two months ago, and you weirdos do nothing but cry how he doesn't fight lol
Its not that he doesn't fight it that he doesn't DEFEND. He has never defended a title at any level in MMA. Winning a title is one thing but defending is a whole other level. You can navigate your way as a contender picking and choosing your opponents to some degree but as Champion it is supposed to be your job to defend against the best contenders available. I understand Conor is looking to make the most money he can for himself but I don't like the fact that he is erroding the value of a UFC championship and while people think the UFC is growing based on his sales the Brand and the foundation it is built on is erroding. Fans of the sport are starting to see the sport being replaced by MONEY fights that make no sense. Fighters winning a title and calling for a "Superfight" vs the division above who also just won their title. Conor with no defenses of FW fights Eddie for the LW title of which Eddie has no defenses. That makes no sense sporting wise.

Its not that he doesn't fight it that he doesn't DEFEND. He has never defended a title at any level in MMA. Winning a title is one thing but defending is a whole other level. You can navigate your way as a contender picking and choosing your opponents to some degree but as Champion it is supposed to be your job to defend against the best contenders available. I understand Conor is looking to make the most money he can for himself but I don't like the fact that he is erroding the value of a UFC championship and while people think the UFC is growing based on his sales the Brand and the foundation it is built on is erroding. Fans of the sport are starting to see the sport being replaced by MONEY fights that make no sense. Fighters winning a title and calling for a "Superfight" vs the division above who also just won their title. Conor with no defenses of FW fights Eddie for the LW title of which Eddie has no defenses. That makes no sense sporting wise.
Multiple good points in one post

Back