Will Brooks released from UFC roster

so much hype coming in with the chandler wins, it's too bad. 3 finishes and you're out most of the time.

however he should have gotten a pass on the 1st one, considering oliveira came in way overweight. if I were in charge I would have given him one more fight.

getting finished by lentz doesn't make your case for you though.

the ufc can cut them whenever they want, I believe

So essentially their contract is non-guaranteed, yet if they become champ, they are locked into the UFC , even if they have filled the contractual number of fights.
Crazy system.

So essentially their contract is non-guaranteed, yet if they become champ, they are locked into the UFC , even if they have filled the contractual number of fights.
Crazy system.
i don't think UFC ever had a champion defending his belt in his last bout in the contract, they always resign before that, at least in modern UFC

it's a fair system, or you'd expect them to continue paying him the same he was receiving when he came as Bellator champ, 17-1?
what if he went 1-4 after? pay him in the 6th fight too? not fair to UFC, they expected him to perform and he didn't, good luck in PFL

i don't think UFC ever had a champion defending his belt in his last bout in the contract, they always resign before that, at least in modern UFC

it's a fair system, or you'd expect them to continue paying him the same he was receiving when he came as Bellator champ, 17-1?
what if he went 1-4 after? pay him in the 6th fight too? not fair to UFC, they expected him to perform and he didn't, good luck in PFL

I bet Sage is still making 40/40...LOL. Plenty of other sports where underperformers still get paid as per their contract.

The champion "clause" overrides the contracted number of fights to my understanding . GSP had to drop the MW belt to escape being bound by the champion clause.

As for how UFC honors a contract , I can't comment on that . I suspect Will Brooks had a buyout clause for his remaining two fights, or his lawyers are dealing with the contractual issues surrounding his release.

I was at UFN 96 and was really pulling for Brooks after Oliveira missed weight. He handled his release very maturely. I wish him the best.

He can still win the belt under the right circumstances

I think the highlight of Brook's career was the complete domination of Chandler. Though at the end of the day it wasn't a big deal, look how happy Chandler is.

IMG_5520_1513624723983.jpg

Chandler is a beautiful man, no doubt about it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...k-inside-the-ufcs-top-secret-fighter-contract

ARTICLE IV
TERM

4.1 The duration of the Promotional Rights provided herein (the "Term") shall commence on the Effective Date and end on the earlier of (i) forty (40) months after the first bout promoted by ZUFFA involving Fighter under this Agreement; or (ii) the date on which Fighter has participated in at least eight (8) Bouts promoted by ZUFFA pursuant to this Agreement (the "Termination Date"), unless terminated sooner or extended further pursuant to the provisions of this Agreement.

ARTICLE X
TERMINATION/REMEDIES
ZUFFA shall have the right, but not the obligation, upon notice to Fighter, to accelerate
the Term and thereby terminate ZUFFA's promotional and other obligations hereunder and under any Bout Agreement then in effect (an "Acceleration") and to terminate Fighter's participation in any Bout, with Acceleration effective as of the date of notice, and to withdraw recognition from Fighter of any Championship Title, Status and Belt, if:

This is a huge list , that essentially allows UFC to terminate a contract for any reason , including losing.

d. Fighter is not declared the winner of any mixed martial arts bout (whether promoted by ZUFFA or not) by the Athletic Commission or official authority having jurisdiction over the bout; or

After going 1-3 in the octagon, former Bellator LW champ Will Brooks was released from his UFC contract and will be part of the PFL 1 million tournament.

Will Brooks arrived in UFC 17-1 in MMA, now he is 18-4 after being finished in his last 3 fights, by Nik Lentz (12-5-1 UFC), Charles "Du Bronx" Oliveira (10-8 UFC) and Alex "Cowboy" Oliveira (7-3 UFC).

- Will Brooks

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Why you gotta hate? Some people like to big fish in smaller ponds

Chandler just lost via a little leg kick from a nobody of an opponent. He's just as crappy as Brooks.
That "nobody" is named PRIMUS, that's about as badass as it gets. :D

Such an unfortunate run in the UFC.
Good example of why you shouldn’t burn bridges.

I bet Sage is still making 40/40...LOL. Plenty of other sports where underperformers still get paid as per their contract.

The champion "clause" overrides the contracted number of fights to my understanding . GSP had to drop the MW belt to escape being bound by the champion clause.

As for how UFC honors a contract , I can't comment on that . I suspect Will Brooks had a buyout clause for his remaining two fights, or his lawyers are dealing with the contractual issues surrounding his release.
Sage made 60/60 + reebok money in his last fight, but he absolutely deserves it, he's the best UFC prospect. Very marketable too.

Issues surrounding his release? Lol dude UFC can release whoever whenever they want, it's part of the contract.

Underperformers are paid the same per their contract in UFC, just as in other sports, the difference is just that UFC can release'em, as they should be able to.

Premature cut in my opinion, he has a lot of potential.
Marcin Held is still in the UFC after going 0-3.

Shit happens, the 155 division is a shark tank, Alex Oliveira wasn't even a LW in that fight.

This, I still think he’s better than he had shown in his UFC performances, but, at the highest levels, a combination of skill and fight IQ is required and he lacked one or the other in basically every fight in the UFC. Maybe it was the big stage that got to him or something, but, I think he has enough time to go outside the UFC, rack up 4-5 wins and make his way back in. LW is a stacked division so he shouldn’t fret too much about losses, besides to Lentz.

Brooks is still young! Silva young

Back