Will Brooks released from UFC roster

Hopefully he turns it around gets a good run and gets back in the UFC.

Pity. No need to mock him for believing in himself though. He actually tried

He had an unlucky start, in the fight with brazilian Cowboy he broke his rib in round 1 and couldn't do anything the rest of the fight. I can't see any excuses for him getting tapped twice in a row after that though..

Fucking....

I keep misreading these and think its Phil Brooks

Next to CroCop as the ultimate hype train that got hideously derailed and wrecked when transitioning to the UFC. I would have never picked him going 1-3 against mid-tier guys. After beating Chandler, I thought he could be a legit contender.

Sometimes Bellator guys come over and surprise you, other times they crash and burn. Case in point for the latter with Will.

Premature cut in my opinion, he has a lot of potential.
Marcin Held is still in the UFC after going 0-3.

Shit happens, the 155 division is a shark tank, Alex Oliveira wasn't even a LW in that fight.

Bellator is 3rd world mma, proof yet again

That’s not true, it’s only second to ufc in talent. There simply are not that many amazing mma fighters, although they have put on some fun fights. He really didn’t look good in the UFC at all.

We in Boy we in. We out boy we out lol.
200.gif

Dude sounds like he is having a mental breakdown in this video. Like wow, cringeworthy.

dam I had high hopes for him coming into the ufc . o well the way she goes sometimes

Good luck to him, hopefully he can win and come back strong.

This, I still think he’s better than he had shown in his UFC performances, but, at the highest levels, a combination of skill and fight IQ is required and he lacked one or the other in basically every fight in the UFC. Maybe it was the big stage that got to him or something, but, I think he has enough time to go outside the UFC, rack up 4-5 wins and make his way back in. LW is a stacked division so he shouldn’t fret too much about losses, besides to Lentz.

Why do you bother? @D 1 Wrestler Is one of the worst posters on this site

Bother with what it's true. They pay fat chael and rampage more than actual skilled fighters like pitbull and chandler. They also have no drug testing or IV rules so anyone moving from Bellator to UFC is complete crap shoot which will Brooks proved. Also proof why UFC should not pay Bellator fighters until after they prove themselves with usada . Good thing I'll will was only getting 50

I think the highlight of Brook's career was the complete domination of Chandler. Though at the end of the day it wasn't a big deal, look how happy Chandler is.

IMG_5520_1513624723983.jpg

Maybe he will get it together and be back

Maybe I'll win the lottery tonight and marry Beyoncé

Life's weird man

you just said Bellator is basically a joke, yet theyve proven many times to have top tier talent.

Chael Sonnen is unbeaten at Heavyweight in Bellator

I love Chael

You put Chael against any of the top 10 heavyweights in the UFC and he gets smoked.

After going 1-3 in the octagon, former Bellator LW champ Will Brooks was released from his UFC contract and will be part of the PFL 1 million tournament.

Will Brooks arrived in UFC 17-1 in MMA, now he is 18-4 after being finished in his last 3 fights, by Nik Lentz (12-5-1 UFC), Charles "Du Bronx" Oliveira (10-8 UFC) and Alex "Cowboy" Oliveira (7-3 UFC).

- Will Brooks

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

This proves that the dudes shouting that Bellator has the best fighters are full of shit.

This the guy that kept bitching about Bellator on social media because he feels he isn't being promoted more, so he starts to sh*t on them publicly? Well that settles it, he's worth every penny being 1-3 in the UFC.

Definitely agree.

Prime example of why you neverburn a bridge. Coker doesn’t seem like the type of guy who holds a grudge, but it really is not a good look for a fighter to bash a major org.

Not only that. He was also talking about how Bellator is where old people go to retire.

Really sucks that this dude became a prime example.

Brooks Tamdan-McCrory'd himself.

Or is it McCrory who Will-Brooks'd his own ass?

<TheWire1>

These guys think they made it to the big leagues (or back to the big leagues in McCrory's case) and lose all sense of caution long term. Next thing they know is that life's a bitch with sharps teeth who comes back to bite you in the ass.

Back