Will Brooks latest Instagram post after sub loss to Nik Lentz

One month is enough time to secure that title.

In all seriousness: He'll be back. If he can find a way to get back to his old Bellator self, he'd be a beast. I don't think it's an issue of better competition, since he's been losing to some pretty mediocre fighters.

He looked pretty good on Saturday night, if we're honest. There is no excuse for diving into that guillotine a second time, though...

4d817bcd357837fb679381366a2ad727.590x350x1.jpg

He needs to quit. He's not a fighter. Whining for days about 5 lbs and quitting to rib injury told me that when he first came in UFC with Alex.
Anybody ever fought through a rib injury? Serious question. I’ve cracked a few in a snowboarding wreck and I sure as shit tapped out that day. Took forever to heal too.

Guys that have had rib injuries in a fight that I can think of (and they all lost):
-Will Brooks
-BJ Penn
-Anthony Pettis
-guy who ran all fight from Quarry broke his on TUF and quit

Anybody that has fought through and won?

Anybody ever fought through a rib injury? Serious question. I’ve cracked a few in a snowboarding wreck and I sure as shit tapped out that day. Took forever to heal too.

Guys that have had rib injuries in a fight that I can think of (and they all lost):
-Will Brooks
-BJ Penn
-Anthony Pettis
-guy who ran all fight from Quarry broke his on TUF and quit

Anybody that has fought through and won?

Anderson claimed he had a rib injury in the first Chael fight. I'm not sure how the severity compares to those you listed above though.

Lentz has always been a tough out for any fighter. No shame having a loss to him.

Put all my faith in God
God bless you
Praying for you

Drives me crazy hearing cage fighters talk about this. Your God really has plans for your cage fighting career?

Get the fuck out of here.

Amen. Also, the implication that God plays favorites by "blessing" some athletes at the expense of others. If God is anything, He is certainly biased.

Hashtag never was my friend

Hashtag BTFO

Will is just not mean enough. He should be way more angry about this loss.

Hacksaw Jack Reynolds was so pissed after losing a big football game in college, that he cut his car in half with a hacksaw, then went on to be a pro bowl linebacker with the Rams. You’d never hear this kind of Instagram crap from him. He would’ve probably eaten his iPhone on rye with a little horseradish, if they had iPhones back then.

He needs to quit. He's not a fighter. Whining for days about 5 lbs and quitting to rib injury told me that when he first came in UFC with Alex.

You're an angry old man aren't ya

It's hard to believe he went from someone looking like they could take the UFC belt while in Bellator, to getting his walking papers from dropping fights in the prelims.

Crazy.

Doesn't even mention his old teammate that he trash talked to the point that said teammate left the gym, the same teammate that just choked his ass out.

Would be awesome if he could put together some spectacular wins and earn a title shot.

classy way to handle it. I hope he gets one more fight.

Back