Will Bellator book another Royce Gracie fight

With 2 conditions id love it

1. He must face someone from his generation of fighters
2. Must not be a main event

Royce will only fight someone that cannot possibly hurt him with strikes.

Your second motion is denied.

Sure they will, something like Royce vs Hershel Walker.

Honestly I think they are waiting to see what UFC does with CM Punk, they would book that fight most likely if UFC cut Punk.

I heard rumors that a few months back they were trying hard to do Royce Gracie Vs Kurt Angle but were having a shit ton of trouble trying to put it together.

Rematches:
Shamrock (one of the few instances were a part 4 is justified)
Saku rubber match
Akebono
Any rematches that haven't been done already (Jimmerson, etc)

Other good fights
Low level prospects (experience v youth)
Single style guys of his age (like a Tae Kwon Do Olympian pushing 50 or sonething)

I heard rumors that a few months back they were trying hard to do Royce Gracie Vs Kurt Angle but were having a shit ton of trouble trying to put it together.

The issue being money or Kurt Angle's health?

I'd like to see Bellator do a Gracie event, featuring as many Gracies as they can get. They could do a Gracie vs. a non-Gracie kind of thing.
I think you are on to something. But this the gimmick they should do - every Gracie has to fight Sakuraba. We will see if he can up his leagacy of being a Gracie Killer or will one of his ears finally pop-off?

I think you are on to something. But this the gimmick they should do - every Gracie has to fight Sakuraba. We will see if he can up his leagacy of being a Gracie Killer or will one of his ears finally pop-off?

Here is an idea, who was that Luta Livre guy in Bellator? Him v a similarly ranked Gracie.

They would be smart if they do, considering the numbers he brings in from casuals.

Back