Will Barboza become LW champion?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He seemed a little shaky sometimes but I gotta admit. While watching the Dariush fight
I figured he would eventually fold under the pressure. But he didnt. He remained composed
landed some terrifying kicks and ultimately landed that beautiful flying knee.

He is on a 3 fight win streak against 3 top fighters. Pettis, Melendez and Dariush.

Idk if he has improved or it is just the matchups but he seems like champion material.
And the term Explosive gets thrown around everywhere but. This mans striking is
what I think of when I here explosive. Fricking crazy power in those kicks and knees

Though he losses to Donald, Michael Johnson, and T-Ferg.

Nah, He is extremely susceptible to break under pressure and his boxing isn't good enough to counter guys who are walking him down.

Champ or not, he´s the best kicker in the game, one of the most explosive strikers at LW and amongst the top 5 most entertaining fighters in the UFC right now. Win, lose or draw, I always enjoy his fights.

Last edited:
I think he loses to Mcgregor, Ferguson, Khabib, RDA and Diaz. I think he destroys Alvarez and beats the rest. Itd be cool to see Barboza become champ though hes fun to watch.

He has the talent. Assuming Ferguson gets the next shot, have him fight Khabib for the shot after that. I think he's a terrible style matchup for Khabib and knocks him out late in the first round

Prior to that knee he was getting outclassed by Dariush on the feet. I get the feeling that without that knockout from the clouds (which mind you he can do to anyone and anytime) he'll struggle against the top 3.

Although he needs to improve like 10% more I would not count him out he's very dangerous. And if he wasn't in a sharktank division he'd be top 3(LHW for example)

Great strikes all around his boxing is getting better and his kicks are the best at LW but his chin is still suspect and no ground game.

Considering the current champ is famous for not defending titles, we could possibly see another interim title fight and Barboza maybe involved.

If Eddie can become champ, Edson def can. Another big win he prob be in line for title shot.

He definitely has the tools to do it, but is inconsistent at times, usually when it matters. I would like to see him fight for the title one day, regardless of who it's against. When he fights, there's always potential for it ending in devastating fashion...

lroYUpw.gif

Depends who he fights for the title. If he were to fight McGregor, he'd be the champ for sure. If he fought Khabib or Ferguson again, I don't see him winning.

Depends who he fights for the title. If he were to fight McGregor, he'd be the champ for sure. If he fought Khabib or Ferguson again, I don't see him winning.

This.

..Khabib even worse matchup than Ferguson..

Yes he could be a champ, but no long term champ. If you can get in his chest force him to fight up top & tight he can be grinded. I do like me some Barboza right now he's expanded his game. I like that, I like that alot...

You can't say no with a certainty. Serra, Alvarez, Bisping all became champs. Anythings possible.

He definitely has the tools to do it, but is inconsistent at times, usually when it matters. I would like to see him fight for the title one day, regardless of who it's against. When he fights, there's always potential for it ending in devastating fashion...

lroYUpw.gif
Brutal to watch, I was there live! I hope this didnt trigger Etim to attempt suicide. Guy hasn't been the same.

lmao Mcgregor would break his jaw with the first punch he lands.

He's a beast. He did a lot of damage to Pettis with legs kicks. I think he beats Diaz but he needs to prove he can beat T-Ferg and Khabib.. I think he has a good chance against both.

Back