Will Atlanta's new stadium be done in time for the NFL season? Update: more delays possible | Page 7

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by ralphc1, Jan 4, 2017.

1. ralphc1 Gold Belt

ralphc1
    There are rows of black panels in the stadium that might be the video screen that goes around the roof opening.

2. jefferz Silver Belt

jefferz
    They've already had to tear some walls apart, the contractors forget to put a vapor barrier in a couple of spots.
    It's the stupid black panels that say Citibank stadium that are falling off, if they would have used the tiles like the rest of the building they wouldnt be having this problem.
    The side panels blowing off are right above one of the main entrances.

3. ralphc1 Gold Belt

ralphc1
    I'm wondering what will happen when they get one of those driving sleet storms that sticks to the side, freezes and falls off.

4. ralphc1 Gold Belt

ralphc1
    The third heavy lift crane is being dismantled inside the stadium. They haven't hauled any of the parts out yet. They did that at night on the last crane, I assume to avoid traffic. It was the only one capable of setting material on the roof but they might be able to add boom sections to another crane on site.

They have a truck crane with an extended boom that looks like it is installing video panels in the roof opening.

5. ralphc1 Gold Belt

ralphc1
    They finished loading out the third lattice boom crane and immediately started dismantling the fourth and final one. Leaving only hydraulic boom cranes inside the building. They are installing the video screen sections around the oculus. No sign of covering the movable roof sections yet.

6. ralphc1 Gold Belt

ralphc1
    Several large truck cranes have been brought into the stadium. They appear to be installing the video screen around the occulus and it appears that they are finally starting to cover the movable sections of the roof.

One section of the roof that had been covered is opened up again today. I don't know if they are having problems with leaks. It has been raining and they have had trucks in vacuuming up the water on the stadium floor.

An article I found says:
    http://www.claremoreprogress.com/sp...cle_a10fc21c-3ccd-11e7-bd10-c3ba214f0684.html

They don't have a gigantic crawler crane in the building anymore if they need to align anything. I thought they would have closed and opened the sections a few times before the big cranes were removed. That article was from May 19th and they had already started dismantling the cranes. If they plan to close the roof in early June as the article says, and it takes 8 weeks to install the panels, the panels won't be on when they close the roof. 8 weeks now takes it to July 20th.

7. Dizzy \[T]/

Dizzy
  8. ralphc1 Gold Belt

ralphc1
    They brought in a large truck crane, installed a long lattice extension boom, raised the tip about 20 feet off the ground, turned it a little to the right then back to where they installed it yesterday. This morning they removed the extension boom. I don't know if they had a problem when testing it. The still pictures are an hour apart. The boom sections are still in the building.

9. ralphc1 Gold Belt

ralphc1
    Whatever problem was they apparently got it solved. They re-assembled the boom and got it raised up over the roof. Looks like the first thing they did was bring the porta potties down.