Will Atlanta's new stadium be done in time for the NFL season? Update: more delays possible

The Las Vegas raiders fans will be stoked for their new stadium.

U7Ghu2s.gif

They should've moved it to the old GM plant in Doraville. There's a reason the Braves left.
This all came about supposedly because Goodell told Arthur Blank back in 07 or 08 that Atlanta wouldn't get another Super Bowl until they had a new stadium.

What was the problem with the stadium? They both seat basically the same number of people and it worked before. Lambeau field seats 80,000 and has never hosted a Super Bowl. I assume because of the cold weather and the outdoor venue. They say the new Atlanta stadium can be converted to seat 75,000 instead of 71,000 for a Super Bowl. Why not have 75,000 seats for every game?

What was the problem with the stadium? They both seat basically the same number of people and it worked before. Lambeau field seats 80,000 and has never hosted a Super Bowl. I assume because of the cold weather and the outdoor venue. They say the new Atlanta stadium can be converted to seat 75,000 instead of 71,000 for a Super Bowl. Why not have 75,000 seats for every game?
The real reason is Arthur blank doesn't own the GA dome.

The real reason is Arthur blank doesn't own the GA dome.

So Blank will own the building gets all of the money from events now? It still won't cover the costs. Cooling that building will cost a fortune.

The builders of the Atlanta stadium must be cheap bastards. I see workers climbing stairs to get to the roof. The Vikings stadium had a construction elevator. The construction cameras are crap too.

So Blank will own the building gets all of the money from events now? It still won't cover the costs. Cooling that building will cost a fortune.
He has a bad deal with georgia world congress center authority and they own the GA dome. Owner of an NFL franchise that just built a shinny new stadium
I think he'll be just fine.

I'm not even a fan of beisbol and I think the Marlins' owners are snakes but not gonna lie the stadium they built on the old Orange Bowl site is pretty badass

d4e121711d0de2c9b240b36bf8576dea.jpg

YKEPNER-jumbo.jpg
too bad fans still won't go watch their games lmao

I know I sure as hell don't lmfao

The New Detroit Red Wings arena looks pretty bad ass. They integrated the stadium into an entire development of the area.

detroit-red-wings-new-arena.jpg

story-new-arena-foundation.jpg

arena1_1459359685756_35127527_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Watching the Atlanta construction cameras, the roof construction seems to have stopped after one piece of one of the moving segments was installed. I wonder if there is some problem with the design.

Watching the Atlanta construction cameras, the roof construction seems to have stopped after one piece of one of the moving segments was installed. I wonder if there is some problem with the design.
They were already 20% over cost before construction even started. It's gonna end up costing roughly $600 million more than what they said it would originally.

I don't see any work being done today in Atlanta. There are some people walking around the site. Work might be going on inside on luxury boxes and concession areas. It's 27 degrees and got down to 21 last night.

According to wiki the Atlanta United will begin playing in the Mercedes Benz stadium in July 2017.

If you gonna do soccer in southeast in the summer, you need a dome. Until then, they will play open air at GTech's football stadium. All the players will die from heat exhaustion before the new one opens up.

According to wiki the Atlanta United will begin playing in the Mercedes Benz stadium in July 2017.

If you gonna do soccer in southeast in the summer, you need a dome. Until then, they will play open air at GTech's football stadium. All the players will die from heat exhaustion before the new one opens up.

Isn't the Georgia Dome big enough for soccer?

I see there is somebody in the new stadium tonight working on the roof sections sitting on the floor. I wonder if they had to modify something.

They put the second movable section on the roof this morning starting just after midnight and it was in place at 6. I suppose they were trying to avoid the wind.

Things are picking up speed now. When they installed the first movable roof section a couple of weeks ago, they left the crane hooked to it for 2 days which made me suspect there was some problem with it. Then they were working on the sections they had on the floor like they were modifying something.

Yesterday they set the second movable section on the roof at 6AM and had disconnected the crane by about 4PM. They set the third section this morning. There are 2 more sections assembled on the floor and 2 more in the process of being assembled.

The sections that cover the hole in the roof still have to be attached to these. The rest of the roof needs to be finished. Then the video screen that wraps around the roof opening needs to be installed. I'd like to see what their construction timeline was and how it compares to actual construction.

Bordeaux-Stadium_Herzog_de-Meuron_dezeen_784_5.jpg

san-siro.jpg

11-stunning-european-soccer-stadiums-that-put-american-arenas-to-shame.jpg

a5a83ee806715fe834da809bbffa3b08.jpg

I never understood why stadiums in the US are so generic looking compared to European ones.
I like how the US is finally building some cool looking stadiumso.

0B_dsOzzrR8QwRlFRYmRGX2JWcjg.jpg

Viking Stadium is the shit!

They put the fourth piece of the movable roof section in place starting at 4 this morning and they shut the lights off by 6:30. Doing it on a Sunday morning suggests that they are concerned with the timeline.

There is one more assembled section on the floor and 2 more in the process of being assembled. They have one more to begin assembly on for the total of eight. It seems to take a week to assemble a section. I don't know if they have multiple crews to assemble more than one at a time. They should have all eight on the roof by the end of the month. Then they have the parts that attach to these pieces to cover the hole in the roof.

Back