Will Anybody Ever Win Titles In Four Divisions?

If Conor beat GSP I promise you he'd call himself a 4 division champ

God you haters are so obnoxious.

Conor could beat Woodley....

Lol sure, Conor could beat Woodley...if TW was handcuffed, drugged or lobotomized. Aside from those scenarios there is no fucking way in hell that Conor 'shit grapple' McGregor is beating a fighter like Tyron. That is just pure idiocy. <45>

Rumble was probably closest

No one's even managed to do it in three yet (I think McGregor will be the first one), but could anyone ever pull it off in four? It's almost impossible to even make weight in four separate divisions without removing one of your limbs and becoming an amputee. Imagine winning championships in all four. That'd definitely be the peak level of accomplishments as far as championships go.

It'd almost have to be Welterweight to Heavyweight that they won titles in... Which would be cool since that's the four highest divisions overall, which would give said person the aura of truly being the baddest man on the planet.

I'm also making this thread with the assumption that there will never be any new weight classes (like the hypothetical 165 division) added to the sport.

If Conor wins a 170 belt, and they make a 165 division, he could. Or I suppose win the 175. If Georges can somehow kill himself to 155 he stands a chance. Nobody else really even in the discussion.

I think Frankie could have won the FW belt, especially if Conor had fought him after Aldo. Frankie certainly beats Cruz, TJ or Cody had he gone to BW. I don't think he beats anyone at Fly because he would have to die to make that weight. He would have had a WW belt if he had been able to get a shot right after BJ Penn took the belt from Hughes.

Frankie weighs 160. He isn't beating prime Penn at WW before he even started MMA. And he isn't making 125. He's also not on Conor, Ortega, Aldo, or Holloways level or size.

I also wouldn't say it's certain at all he beats Dillashaw or Cruz.

Zabit has the built for it without being undersized.

I can picture McGregor doing it also. & GSP.

Edgar and BJ could have back in the day

Anthony Johnson potentially could have. He’s the only guy I can think of that could actually have semi realistically fought in 4 divisions

not with the weight classes as they are currently structured.

Does bellator count? If rory wins the MW belt that's 2 and he's offered to be the HW GP alternet maybe he fight bader in the finals wins 3, then he rematches bader at LHW for 4. Seems unlikely too but he's got a better chance then anyone currently in ufc imo.

1. Seriously???

Conor has virtually no chance of ever touching the LW belt. He wouldn't even crack the top ten at welterweight.

McGregor has no chance of beating RDA, Masvidal, Ponzinibbio, Neil Magny, Robbie Lawler?

Silva could have. At one time he was welterweight. The other three options would have been there for him many times in his career. Prime AS could win at welterweight, middleweight, light heavy weight, and heavyweight. And it isn't even a huge assumption. In Silva's prime many people thought he could take out Fedor. If any man in MMA so far could win 4 belts, it would be hands down Silva.

Frankie weighs 160. He isn't beating prime Penn at WW before he even started MMA. And he isn't making 125. He's also not on Conor, Ortega, Aldo, or Holloways level or size.

I also wouldn't say it's certain at all he beats Dillashaw or Cruz.
I never said he makes Fly weight. I specifically said he would die trying. He beat PRIME BJ Penn unless we are now saying fighters pass their prime while still champion. He beat guys much bigger then himself at LW. I have no one dead if he could perform at 135 but he ran circles around Faber who was more then competitive at BW. What TS originally posed, could a fighter win a title in 4 weight classes is virtually impossible based on current weight classes but Frankie was the only one who could even remotely come close.

Florian and Sanchez are the only two fighters to have competed in four different UFC divisions : they could only get wins in three of them and neither ever won a belt. So yeah, we are still pretty far from getting to that point.

He's already won the LW Title before, fool. Of course it's possible he wins the WW belt eventually. We've already seen him perform at that weight twice and he looked equally as good as he did at FW and LW. I don't see too many Welterweights being able to take too many shots from his lethal left.
Equally as good? He got finished in one and won a majority decision on the other, against a bloated gatekeeper lightweight.

Conor has no chance of beating a true welterweight who is good enough to be world champion. Don't forget Nate Diaz has a 20-11 record and is a career lightweight, yet still kicked Conor's ass at welterweight.

Equally as good? He got finished in one and won a majority decision on the other, against a bloated gatekeeper lightweight.

Conor has no chance of beating a true welterweight who is good enough to be world champion. Don't forget Nate Diaz has a 20-11 record and is a career lightweight, yet still kicked Conor's ass at welterweight.

He looked good as hell before he gassed. His movement, footwork, technique, power, etc. were all on point. It's just that Diaz is a hard chin to crack and that has nothing to do with the weight they fought at, Nate is harder than hell to knock out at Lightweight as well.

I think Conor might have done it by now had RDA not gotten injured. I'm pretty sure we would have beaten RDA and after that would have been a very beatable Robbie Lawler at 200 (Lawler was on the decline so Conor would have had a very real chance. After that would be Bisping, not easy given the size difference but as much as I like Bisping he was one of the weaker MW champs which is why GSP fought him and I would have given Conor about a 50/50 shot in this one.

Imagine DC on a diet. In terms of his frame, I think he could have made WW and MW when he was younger and his kidneys still worked. He's barely 5'9 and he carries so much damn fat. He'd probably need to lose some muscle too, but I don't see why a 5'9 man couldn't make WW at least once in his life.

That ship has clearly sailed, though.

Agree 100% and I have made threads about this before. Ripped DC can fight at 170 and he is certainly talented enough to win title fights.

No way in hell. Only way that ever would have happened would have been when the sport was in is infancy. Fighters are too well rounded and complete now, size matters more now then every, IMO. the UFC weight classes are too far apart. the only chance would be if they add a ton of weight classes like boxing. Which i pray will not happen. Boxing has way too many.

and LOL a Conor being 3 division champ. GSP is the only one who could do it. but i still don't believe he will ever make 155 for a fight.

Yes he did and so did Diego but no one has done it at a championship level.

I think you are right in your weight class estimate.
Frankie beat former WW and at the time current LW champion BJ Penn. I could have seen Frankie as FW title holder, especially if Conor had defended against him. If Frankie dropped to BW I can see him beating Cruz, TJ or Cody.

So that's a theoretically possible 4 division champion. BW, FW, LW & WW

It could also be FW, LW, WW and MW. Let take Conor for example, he's won the FW and LW belt, fought at WW and won a fight. Now MW would be a stretch no question, but guys like Lawler who were WWs fought at MW, and the current MW champ use to fight at WW. It's tough with mma divisions, all these guys would likely be off by one division.

Back