Will Anybody Ever Win Titles In Four Divisions?

If only Edgar started sooner. Do you think Fly would have been out of the question in his prime? I realize Ortega fucked his day badly and time is running out quick on his career, but I wouldn't count him out trading hands with Holloway for 5 rounds, and he'd certainly be a live dog for Cruz or Dillashaw.

For Edgar, yes, I do think Flyweight would be out of the question, not because he couldn't possibly make it, but because he hates cutting weight and wouldn't even entertain the idea. He won't even cut to BW, despite the fact that all these top bantamweights are pretty much the same size and weight as him.

He's already won the LW Title before, fool. Of course it's possible he wins the WW belt eventually. We've already seen him perform at that weight twice and he looked equally as good as he did at FW and LW. I don't see too many Welterweights being able to take too many shots from his lethal left.

lol people like you are the reason there are so many "conor haters" on here. Fuck off to the ignore list you annoying fuck.

If there is any series of divisions I'd imagine it would be 135, 145, 155 and 170. Although didn't Ken FLo go from MW to FW?
Yes he did and so did Diego but no one has done it at a championship level.

I think you are right in your weight class estimate.
Frankie beat former WW and at the time current LW champion BJ Penn. I could have seen Frankie as FW title holder, especially if Conor had defended against him. If Frankie dropped to BW I can see him beating Cruz, TJ or Cody.

So that's a theoretically possible 4 division champion. BW, FW, LW & WW

lol people like you are the reason there are so many "conor haters" on here. Fuck off to the ignore list you annoying fuck.

Only sensitive Nancy boys put people on Ignore. lol @ you getting triggered by such a simple (and logical) post.

God you haters are so obnoxious.

Conor could beat Woodley.

Would he be a favorite?

Maybe not.

But damn it just cause you don’t like the guys personality don’t bias yourself from serious conversation.

Conor has beat greats of the sport.

He could possibly beat Woodley for the three belt challenge.

That's what I see eventually happening. Admittedly, Woodley would be a very dangerous match up for him, but he could get it done if he was on his A game. Imagine how cathartic that would be for Dana as well - If the guy that eventually beats Woodley is Conor himself lol.

Rumble Johnson comes to mind to someone who has made weight in all 4 classes.
WW, MW, LHW & HW

The man fluffed it twice against DC but he for sure has been the only one capable of making 4 different divisions ..... championship fights... now that is a different story.

When they start adding more and more divisions, and the sport becomes more and more like boxing, I think you'll see more people like Roy Jones Jr. or Manny who move up and take titles in many divisions.

Imagine DC on a diet. In terms of his frame, I think he could have made WW and MW when he was younger and his kidneys still worked. He's barely 5'9 and he carries so much damn fat. He'd probably need to lose some muscle too, but I don't see why a 5'9 man couldn't make WW at least once in his life.

That ship has clearly sailed, though.
He know he almost died making 187 when he was 28?

He made weight but they decided he couldn't compete and was pulled from the Olympics.

Frames matter.

Yoel Romero starting MMA full time in his early twenties and winning WW, MW, LHW and HW belts after I invent my time machine.

Seriously???

Conor has virtually no chance of ever touching the LW belt. He wouldn't even crack the top ten at welterweight.
Conor, the former LW champion that won the championship in one of the most dominant victories ever seen in mma, has "virtually no chance" of being a LW champion......even though he already is?

Ok.....

The bigger question is who could make weight in 4 divisions

Other than rumble and Joe Riggs (and crazy enough BJ penn) no one else has done it

Silva fought successfully in 3 weight classes as did Hendo but that's all I can recall

4 though? Not a chance

He's already won the LW Title before, fool. Of course it's possible he wins the WW belt eventually. We've already seen him perform at that weight twice and he looked equally as good as he did at FW and LW. I don't see too many Welterweights being able to take too many shots from his lethal left.
You saying Conor looked as good as he does at FW or LW when he fought Nate at WW is super laughable and troll as hell. I don't even think the more delusional fans have even said he looked at that weight. Maybe for the first Nate fight.. and we saw how well that went for him.

The bigger question is who could make weight in 4 divisions

Other than rumble and Joe Riggs (and crazy enough BJ penn) no one else has done it

Silva fought successfully in 3 weight classes as did Hendo but that's all I can recall

4 though? Not a chance

Woodley fights at WW and claims his walk around weight is around 210-215, so he probably could. He'd be one of the smallest Heavyweights out there but he could make the weight.

You saying Conor looked as good as he does at FW or LW when he fought Nate at WW is super laughable and troll as hell. I don't even think the more delusional fans have even said he looked at that weight. Maybe for the first Nate fight.. and we saw how well that went for him.

He looked good as hell before he gassed. His movement, footwork, technique, power, etc. were all on point. It's just that Diaz is a hard chin to crack and that has nothing to do with the weight they fought at, Nate is harder than hell to knock out at Lightweight as well.

I'm thinking maybe a super young (maybe 20 years old) tall skinny Flyweight, around 5'8 who has exceptional skills were able to luck into a win over a weak 125 champ. Then move up a weight division slowly throughout the years by gaining strength and weight, like every 5 years or so, to 135, 145, then end up as a shortish LW and win the fourth belt when he's 35.

Back