Will Anybody Ever Win Titles In Four Divisions?

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No one's even managed to do it in three yet (I think McGregor will be the first one), but could anyone ever pull it off in four? It's almost impossible to even make weight in four separate divisions without removing one of your limbs and becoming an amputee. Imagine winning championships in all four. That'd definitely be the peak level of accomplishments as far as championships go.

It'd almost have to be Welterweight to Heavyweight that they won titles in... Which would be cool since that's the four highest divisions overall, which would give said person the aura of truly being the baddest man on the planet.

I'm also making this thread with the assumption that there will never be any new weight classes (like the hypothetical 165 division) added to the sport.

Never say never. The ultimate MMA GOAT might still be in his father's nut sack

GOAT St Pierre will be the first 3 division champ though

Stopped reading at Mcgregor Will be the First to Win 3 ....

received_10155062083044503.gif

I sure as fuck hope not.

These weight class jumpers have fucked up enough divisions.

Imagine DC on a diet. In terms of his frame, I think he could have made WW and MW when he was younger and his kidneys still worked. He's barely 5'9 and he carries so much damn fat. He'd probably need to lose some muscle too, but I don't see why a 5'9 man couldn't make WW at least once in his life.

That ship has clearly sailed, though.

I’ll bite

Best case is a 30 pound range. If you can make 125 then you’re not big enough to compete at 155

On the flip side, If you’re competitive at 265 (would have to be at least 220-230) you aren’t getting close to 170

Rumble could have done it with the right match making.

No one's even managed to do it in three yet (I think McGregor will be the first one), but could anyone ever pull it off in four? It's almost impossible to even make weight in four separate divisions without removing one of your limbs and becoming an amputee. Imagine winning championships in all four. That'd definitely be the peak level of accomplishments as far as championships go.

It'd almost have to be Welterweight to Heavyweight that they won titles in... Which would be cool since that's the four highest divisions overall, which would give said person the aura of truly being the baddest man on the planet.

I'm also making this thread with the assumption that there will never be any new weight classes (like the hypothetical 165 division) added to the sport.
Seriously???

Conor has virtually no chance of ever touching the LW belt. He wouldn't even crack the top ten at welterweight.

If only Edgar started sooner. Do you think Fly would have been out of the question in his prime? I realize Ortega fucked his day badly and time is running out quick on his career, but I wouldn't count him out trading hands with Holloway for 5 rounds, and he'd certainly be a live dog for Cruz or Dillashaw.

Seriously???

Conor has virtually no chance of ever touching the LW belt. He wouldn't even crack the top ten at welterweight.

He's already won the LW Title before, fool. Of course it's possible he wins the WW belt eventually. We've already seen him perform at that weight twice and he looked equally as good as he did at FW and LW. I don't see too many Welterweights being able to take too many shots from his lethal left.

IQ of Conor fans is now confirmed 20 points lower than the norm.

Anderson is already a 2 division champ (Shooto WW, UFC MW) and he could have taken the LHW and HW UFC titles during his prime.

If there is any series of divisions I'd imagine it would be 135, 145, 155 and 170. Although didn't Ken FLo go from MW to FW?

I could see a 3 division champion. GSP has the potential at LW( assuming the cut doesn’t hurt him ).

But cutting an extreme amount of weight drains a fighter. Moving up too high typically gives them a size and strength disadvantage.

What path does Conor have to achieving that?

If only Edgar started sooner. Do you think Fly would have been out of the question in his prime? I realize Ortega fucked his day badly and time is running out quick on his career, but I wouldn't count him out trading hands with Holloway for 5 rounds, and he'd certainly be a live dog for Cruz or Dillashaw.
I think Frankie could have won the FW belt, especially if Conor had fought him after Aldo. Frankie certainly beats Cruz, TJ or Cody had he gone to BW. I don't think he beats anyone at Fly because he would have to die to make that weight. He would have had a WW belt if he had been able to get a shot right after BJ Penn took the belt from Hughes.

Sakuraba or BJ Penn would have been your best bet...

God you haters are so obnoxious.

Conor could beat Woodley.

Would he be a favorite?

Maybe not.

But damn it just cause you don’t like the guys personality don’t bias yourself from serious conversation.

Conor has beat greats of the sport.

He could possibly beat Woodley for the three belt challenge.

Back