Will a Superheavy weight (264 pounds) beat Tyson and other heavyweights?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are there diminishing returns at some points or will for example my cousin who is a top 15 ranked superheavyweight beat a prime Tyson by size difference alone?

Is 44 pounds difference too much even for Mike Tyson in his prime?

How does it work?

Depends on the SHWs skill and agility.

Are there diminishing returns at some points or will for example my cousin who is a top 15 ranked superheavyweight beat a prime Tyson by size difference alone?

Is 44 pounds difference too much even for Mike Tyson in his prime?

How does it work?
Nikolai Valuev is 330 pounds, thus making ur cousin look like a statatury rape victim.
David Haye is a blown up Cruiserweight and he picked him apart.

A contender or champion in SHW, will he beat the best heavyweight as a matter of principle?

It's impossible to generalize in this case. It will be enough to overcome a certain skill gap, that's for sure.

The history of HW boxing has seen times when giants seemed to dominate interspersed with times when potential CWs and LHWs have dominated. I'm sure that people in the early part of the 20th century figured that after Jim Jeffries, Jack Johnson and Jess Willard that the division belonged to giants forever. Then Jack Dempsey and Gene Tunney came along. And I'm sure people 20 years later who were watching Max Baer fight Primo Carnera for the title figured that was it for smaller guys in the HW division, but within a couple of decades you had Marciano and Patterson. It certainly looks like the division has been turned over to giants again, with Lewis, the Klitchkos and maybe now Joshua holding the title for a while. Maybe this will be different, but if you remove the Klits and Lewis, then the top guys of this millennia are, once again, smaller like Holyfield (former CW), Ruiz (former CW), Byrd (future LHW), Haye (former CW) and Povetkin (could probably make CW).

Back