Wilder vs Tyson

With Wilder in the hospital by round 2.

With Wilder in the hospital by round 2.

What he said.

With Wilders non existent defense he'll back up near the ropes and Tyson (prime) would put his jaw across the ring.

If Ortiz could land at will and have Wilder on queer street imagine what Tyson would of done in that situation.

We're talking about Mike Tyson right and not Tyson Fury?

I think Wilder would edge it, but then again Tyson is in his 50s........

Wilder gets punched into extinction. He has no chance. Even a 90's version of Tyson that head hunted and sporadically employed technique would demolish Wilder, because Tyson would still at that stage be savvy enough to work around that one punch.

Pressure fighters are on paper Wilder's worst match up. Tyson would have success just like Ortiz, plus unlike Ortiz he moves his head and comes in better shape. Wilder might catch him at any time and I don't know how Tyson would take a right hand bomb. All in all I favor Tyson 65-35.

A pressure fighter with an iron chin like David Tua would be Wilder's nightmare. There its more like 90-10 in terms of chances.

Tyson’s hand and foot speed along with his movement means Wilder has never seen anything close. Where Ortiz “clubbed” with his punches, Tyson generated tremendous power in his shots. I see this as a total mismatch... Tyson KO2.

Prime Mike isn't unbeatable, but it takes some very serious boxing skills.

images

images

I favor prime Tyson over almost anyone except Ali

(and 80 year old Tyson still over 99% of sherdog lol)

Tyson would probably run through him.

Wilder would die by the second round. Wilders defense is his reach and offense.

He is shit and should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Tyson.

Wilder would need a very fast accurate jab and good movement to keep Tyson off of him. But he doesn't have that so I don't see how he could keep Tyson off him. Wilder would miss badly as Mike came in bobbing and weaving ferociously and Tysons hooks and uppercuts would find an easy target. Tyson is all wrong for Wilder as Wilder doesn't have the defensive nous to deal with such an offensive fury like Tyson. It would be an early stoppage for Tyson.

Back