Wilder vs Provetkin on May 21

maybe (shock) they didn't want to come to him? I.

NOT fucking Maybe. They didnt and that is the whoe point of the the convo. He was the Champ and he giving the Champ's respect to set the term. Wilder is not given that same respect even though he is The Champ. Wilder was being force to enter purse and as champ he is honoring it. That more than Krusher would even do. He wouldnt even enter the pursr bid with Stevenson and that after he asked for it.

NOT fucking Maybe. They didnt and that is the whoe point of the the convo. He was the Champ and he giving the Champ's respect to set the term. Wilder is not given that same respect even though he is The Champ. Wilder was being force to enter purse and as champ he is honoring it. That more than Krusher would even do. He wouldnt even enter the pursr bid with Stevenson and that after he asked for it.

Wow, you aren't very bright, are you? John was the only one who can't draw outside of his home country/adopted home country. John was the most prestigious, top ranked champ with the biggest win on his resume. John was the only one who got robbed when leaving his country. So tell me, if you admitted that neither guy wanted to fight John in Indonesia, doesn't that make them the ducks? Wilder has no leverage here, because he gets stripped of his title here, nor does he hold the lineal championship/top ranked position, and he's a big draw. John, on the other hand, had the prestige leverage, and there was no way that him fighting was drawing outside of Indonesia.

There is no reason Wilder HAS to go to Russia, he could easily get robbed there. But he has the pills to do it, which, in my eyes, is a huge sign of his mental strength. With that said, plenty of non-American champs go abroad and don't complain. Countless ones. Wilder is doing what any other champ SHOULD be willing do. The difference (and this is why I'm so impressed with Wilder) is because everybody is trying to protect Wilder, and as an American, he's taught the "you're the center of the universe" mentality, where everybody else is ducking you if you aren't willing to fight abroad. He's telling his handlers "fuck off, I want to prove myself," and saying to Americans "I'm so good, I don't give a shit what happens abroad, I'll win anyways, and we aren't the center of the boxing universe (especially at HW, which is a European division, no matter what you want to believe)."

It's almost like you can't read. I praised Wilder for his willingness to go abroad. I am giving him his due respect as champion. He may well prove to be a road warrior, which is something that's increasingly rare these days among American champs. That said champions shouldn't be afraid to fight abroad.Neither John, nor Wilder are/were. Wilder has no leverage here, and if he doesn't fight Povetkin, he won't be champ. John never had to deal with that. That's why there's "no respect."

And no, it's not more than Krusher would do. Because Krusher has fought a total of 5 fights out of the US. Two of them in Canada against Pascal. IDK what Krusher even has to do with this. Must suck to see the US not on top of boxing anymore.

crying-waterfalls.gif

Wow, you aren't very bright, are you? John was the only one who can't draw outside of his home country/adopted home country. John was the most prestigious, top ranked champ with the biggest win on his resume. John was the only one who got robbed when leaving his country. So tell me, if you admitted that neither guy wanted to fight John in Indonesia, doesn't that make them the ducks? Wilder has no leverage here, because he gets stripped of his title here, nor does he hold the lineal championship/top ranked position, and he's a big draw. John, on the other hand, had the prestige leverage, and there was no way that him fighting was drawing outside of Indonesia.

There is no reason Wilder HAS to go to Russia, he could easily get robbed there. But he has the pills to do it, which, in my eyes, is a huge sign of his mental strength. With that said, plenty of non-American champs go abroad and don't complain. Countless ones. Wilder is doing what any other champ SHOULD be willing do. The difference (and this is why I'm so impressed with Wilder) is because everybody is trying to protect Wilder, and as an American, he's taught the "you're the center of the universe" mentality, where everybody else is ducking you if you aren't willing to fight abroad. He's telling his handlers "fuck off, I want to prove myself," and saying to Americans "I'm so good, I don't give a shit what happens abroad, I'll win anyways, and we aren't the center of the boxing universe (especially at HW, which is a European division, no matter what you want to believe)."

It's almost like you can't read. I praised Wilder for his willingness to go abroad. I am giving him his due respect as champion. He may well prove to be a road warrior, which is something that's increasingly rare these days among American champs. That said champions shouldn't be afraid to fight abroad.Neither John, nor Wilder are/were. Wilder has no leverage here, and if he doesn't fight Povetkin, he won't be champ. John never had to deal with that. That's why there's "no respect."

And no, it's not more than Krusher would do. Because Krusher has fought a total of 5 fights out of the US. Two of them in Canada against Pascal. IDK what Krusher even has to do with this. Must suck to see the US not on top of boxing anymore.

crying-waterfalls.gif

. I am not bashing John, I am agree they they didnt agree to the champs terms. I am also saying he was Treated like a Champ and Wilder isnt being treated like one. Not sure what you problem with that it. You praising Wilder , ok but no idea why you upset with me. Must be a miscommunication and not sure why

And Krusher ask for a purse bid and back out when giving it, same sitution here but better outcome. Nothing else to it. No reason to get upset about it.

You seems to be to obsessed about about where fighters are from, i am not. My fav. fighter( the Greatest of All Time) isnt even American.

Last edited:
as long as wilder uses his length he should win like wlad but i dont expect him to hold him like though

Wilder wins the Cold War via nuclear right hand sending Povetkin's head into Vladimir Putin's lap.

Bombbbbbbbbbb squadddddddddddd.

Wilder wins this easily, he need to worry about his drink getting spiked though. Them Russians

Looking forward to this. I've become a fan of Wilder's over the past few years. I'm really pulling for him to unify all of the titles. I'm usually not all that nationalistic when it comes to combat sports, but the United States is due for a HW champ.

rewatching some of Provet's fight and he will have the fastest hands Wilder has seen. I think Provet will have a problem getting in range. he throws a quick double jab and a counter right hand right that I think will be his money shots in the fight but Wilders reach and feet will cause problems. Takam seems to be that quickest footed that Provo has fought in a while. Wach for his reach didnt move enough and just covered up allowd Provo to t-off on him. Not sure who will get the game plan off but I think Wilder might have the edge, but he is gonna have to watch Provet counter cause if misses the long right hand, Provo will get off a 3 punch before wilder can get out the way or hold

I'm sure Wilder will get hit here and there but I think he'll just keep Povetkin at the end of his jab all night. Either that or he'll just blitz the guy and blow him out early on.

One thing Wilder should be working on is his clinch. Thats one thing I've noticed that he seems to lack.

I'm scared for Wilder because Pov has been on a rampage

I'm sure Wilder will get hit here and there but I think he'll just keep Povetkin at the end of his jab all night. Either that or he'll just blitz the guy and blow him out early on.

One thing Wilder should be working on is his clinch. Thats one thing I've noticed that he seems to lack.

He is but it still isn't great in all honesty. Probably something he will always struggle with.

A lot of people consider Povetkin one of Wlad's best wins, so it would be a huge deal if Wilder beats him.

Left yesterday

Why the hell did I read hes in England until fight week?

No clue. He even let cameras from fighthype film him leaving yesterday. Should be a youtube video soon if it is not already up

Back