Wilder vs Provetkin on May 21

All of you who have been so certain that Wilder would duck the big boys, namely Povetkin, and across the pond at that, can all come eat your crow.

giphy.gif

He's a bad fight for Povetkin but will probably get robbed. Wilder has been boxing more and his output has been fairly low at times. I doubt he can win a decision in Povetkins backyard.

He's a bad fight for Povetkin but will probably get robbed. Wilder has been boxing more and his output has been fairly low at times. I doubt he can win a decision in Povetkins backyard.

No one is getting robbed. Someone will go down, and stay down.

Good to see the fight get finalized. Still not entirely sure how I see this playing out.

No one is getting robbed. Someone will go down, and stay down.
I don't think so. Mark Breland has Wilder turning into more of a boxer than the wrecking machine he was before. I don't see him taking a lot of risks here. Add that to how clueless Povetkin was trying to deal with Wlads height and jab, I see this one going 12.

I don't think so. Mark Breland has Wilder turning into more of a boxer than the wrecking machine he was before. I don't see him taking a lot of risks here. Add that to how clueless Povetkin was trying to deal with Wlads height and jab, I see this one going 12.
it wasn't really Wlad's height and jab, it was the fact that he shut him down with clinching everytime he tried to work inside. Wilder isn't as strong and he will likely oblige Povetkin on the inside, since he can fight inside too.

50-50 fight IMO, though as you pointed out, the home court advantage for Povetkin might just tip things in Povetkins favor IMO

Yes.

I was waiting for this fight. Can't wait.

All of you who have been so certain that Wilder would duck the big boys, namely Povetkin, and across the pond at that, can all come eat your crow.

giphy.gif

Only crow that will be eaten here is by Wilders undefeated record.

Last edited:
it wasn't really Wlad's height and jab, it was the fact that he shut him down with clinching everytime he tried to work inside. Wilder isn't as strong and he will likely oblige Povetkin on the inside, since he can fight inside too.

50-50 fight IMO, though as you pointed out, the home court advantage for Povetkin might just tip things in Povetkins favor IMO

Yeah it was Wlad pushing the head down that really messed him up. I don't think I've ever really seen Wilder do that before. He tends to cover up on the inside which should give Povetkin chances to throw.

giphy.gif
Didn't Wilder try & get the Martin fight but couldn't so was forced into a fight with Povetkin with purse bids?

This is the acid test. We'll now find out if he is a champion or a pretender as he is finally fighting a decent opponent, his first in over 30 fights! No idea how the fight will go as there are just too many unanswered questions with wilder.

Told you guys. Now gor the bets. Got Wilder

Told you guys. Now gor the bets. Got Wilder

Year looking too be full of great fights !!
I'll favor Wilder by KO at that .

Provetkin won't be able to handle the power. It will be around the 6th.

Then when Wilder wins the haters will say he fought a tailor made boxer .

Good fight, glad they made it happen. I got Wilder.. probably by decision

No one cares. It's about the fighting.
No one cares yet there were several posters that made a point to say hed never take the fight for the past year or so? Oh ok.

If he doesnt accept the fight the fighting doesnt happen. If youve missed the last god knows how many years, not many people willing to cross the pond or give up terms to the opponent anymore.

Back