Wilder vs Ortiz close for Barclays in October

Who wins and how, Wilder or Ortiz?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He is a good boxer, one of the best in the division. Heavyweights (in this era) are not really known to be combination punchers, but Ortiz can actually do some things and his reach is pretty ridiculous for his height. But while his hands aren't slow, he still seems lumbering and sometimes inactive to me, just because of his size and build. Sometimes I wonder if the steroids were giving him just enough explosiveness and stamina to use his superior boxing skills to his advantage.

If he's clean and slower as a result, Wilder may keep his at a distance and outwork him, occasionally landing big right hands. I don't see a 38 year old guy that is built like Ortiz having the kind of stamina that Wilder has now that he is clean.

Wilder will not want to get in close though, Ortiz is just a more polished inside fighter in every way.
Nice foresight

6a00d83451574c69e201b7c8adfb84970b-pi
Time for the Wilder critics to eat some crow.

Lets hope for no hot piss tests this go around.

giphy.gif
Lolololol

Ill eat crow but wilder was exposed. He only has power and its tremendous power
eh, thats not fair. He wouldn't have survived that fight if he was all power. His technique is sloppy for sure but he wouldn't have survived a smart fighter like Ortiz with just power.

eh, thats not fair. He wouldn't have survived that fight if he was all power. His technique is sloppy for sure but he wouldn't have survived a smart fighter like Ortiz with just power.

He dodge most of those punches with his length. there was one moment where he almost ran backwards. Im really not trying to talk shit on him. but without his natural gifts he wouldnt be anything special. His length will make it hard for anyone to him and his reach will make it easier to hit people. Thats not a knock you used what you got but skill wise we seen that he doesnt have alot

He dodge most of those punches with his length. there was one moment where he almost ran backwards. Im really not trying to talk shit on him. but without his natural gifts he wouldnt be anything special. His length will make it hard for anyone to him and his reach will make it easier to hit people. Thats not a knock you used what you got but skill wise we seen that he doesnt have alot
Take away 99% of athletes natural gifts and theyre no one. Thats a silly argument.

Take away 99% of athletes natural gifts and theyre no one. Thats a silly argument.

Not really. it was easy to see who the better boxer was saturday night. but either way he deserves props for that chin and heart to finish him. Im pumped if Joshua gets passed parker

Not really. it was easy to see who the better boxer was saturday night. but either way he deserves props for that chin and heart to finish him. Im pumped if Joshua gets passed parker
Well, I'm not saying the guy is some boxing genius. I just think people sell him a little short. If a guy has massive reach, he should use it. Thats why I liked that he brought Breland into the mix. I think he's a guy who can do a little bit of everything but is not special at anything. I agree his power makes a big difference but pure power rarely wins fights at the top level.

Well, I'm not saying the guy is some boxing genius. I just think people sell him a little short. If a guy has massive reach, he should use it. Thats why I liked that he brought Breland into the mix. I think he's a guy who can do a little bit of everything but is not special at anything. I agree his power makes a big difference but pure power rarely wins fights at the top level.

People sell him short because he looks a bit goofy at times. But he really did a little bit of everything last night, and the finishing shot was an uppercut from the inside. I think it's time for people to stop being bitchy about Wilder and give him some credit.

Yes, really.

Literally every athlete is using their natural abilities.

People sell him short because he looks a bit goofy at times. But he really did a little bit of everything last night, and the finishing shot was an uppercut from the inside. I think it's time for people to stop being bitchy about Wilder and give him some credit.
Theyre all so fucking butt hurt that Ortiz, a highly decorated, highly skilled boxer wasnt able to counter Wilder’s windmills lmao.

“The first time Wilder fights a real boxer hell get put to sleep when he tries that!”

Yea no kidding.

and TBH, this is one of the reasons why I wasn't completely sold on Wilder, because of his goofy/uncoordinated technique at times.

I've used this analogy before, but sometimes he resembles a baby giraffe first learning how to walk.

It's times like this where boxing fans can be the absolute worst....

feeling the need to nitpick about everything.

after last Saturday, I learned several things. Wilder proved that he can battle through adversity, take a punch (punches), keep his composure and finish opponents, even dangerous ones.

And Luis Ortiz is for real. He'll give anyone in the HW division fits.

Yea no kidding.

and TBH, this is one of the reasons why I wasn't completely sold on Wilder, because of his goofy/uncoordinated technique at times.

I've used this analogy before, but sometimes he resembles a baby giraffe first learning how to walk.

It's times like this where boxing fans can be the absolute worst....

feeling the need to nitpick about everything.

after last Saturday, I learned several things. Wilder proved that he can battle through adversity, take a punch (punches), keep his composure and finish opponents, even dangerous ones.

And Luis Ortiz is for real. He'll give anyone in the HW division fits.
Thats how I describe Khan when he gets whacked.

Wilder hits harder than anyone else in the sport and he only weighs 214 pounds.

I still can't wrap my head around that shit.

Wilder hits harder than anyone else in the sport and he only weighs 214 pounds.

I still can't wrap my head around that shit.
That leverage is serious business.

That leverage is serious business.

It's almost like he has the same straight right that Diego Corrales had. That lanky point A to point B with no curve at all piston shot. Doesn't LOOK like a fight ender but you get hit and don't even know what the fuck happened.

May he rest in peace.

If Wilder can improve a couple other punches he'll be a damn murderer.

Back