Wilder vs Fury Predictions

Who will win?

• Total voters
LOL
fb_img_1543695786255-jpg.480919
fb_img_1543695786255-jpg.480919

“Hey Pussy, Are You Still There?”
<JonesLaugh>

Wilder by violent KO and Fury being called overrated immediately after.

Wilder by ko, I don't expect Fury to be in peak form. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about him leaving his longtime trainer for some 26 year old guy who's more like a friend/padholder than an actual trainer. I think Fury just wants yes men around him, so he can do what he wants

Wilder by ko, I don't expect Fury to be in peak form. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about him leaving his longtime trainer for some 26 year old guy who's more like a friend/padholder than an actual trainer. I think Fury just wants yes men around him, so he can do what he wants
Ben Davison, yeah. Pretty sure he's only 25 years old. It's been covered in the media plenty. Fury also has Roach as a co-trainer who will be on the ground relaying info to Davison during the fight. He'll have Hatton in his corner as well.

i think wilder is faster than any other fighter fury has fought.
this will be the difference.

Fury has looked like shit since coming back and everything points to him looking like shit tonight too. He apparently looked better with his shirt off a few weeks ago than he did at the weigh in, which is not a good sign knowing what we know about his mental health issues. Depression is a highly debilitating disease, and most sufferers don't really recover fully. So I don't trust the guy at all. And Wilder has been improving lately IMO. His win over an admittedly faded Ortiz did impress me somewhat. I had picked Ortiz in that fight, as I think a lot of people had.

And it's not like Fury has never been susceptible to a good overhand right. He's probably going to take one tonight while contemplating what to have for dinner, and be very surprised as he thought he was out of range. And then he's not going to give much of a shit about it.

While I'm mildly intrigued, I can't say I care much who wins this fight. I'm not a massive fan of either guy. Who have they beaten? Geriatric versions of Wlad and (drumroll) Luis Ortiz? Give me a fucking break. Ortiz was only noteworthy because he was a heavyweight who actually had some skills (a bit of a rarity these days). And Wilder barely beat him. And the version of Wlad that fought Fury wouldn't have reached contender status in any other era I can think of. Wlad was always prone to an off day or two, but against Fury he fought like his nervous system was 70% shut off. And Fury only won by unanimous snorefest decision. Some accomplishments these two guys bring with them to the ring tonight, gee... And if we're lucky, we get treated to a fight between the winner and AJ, a heavyweight "world champion" whose best look is flexing his biceps in still photos.

So I don't really care. And I have the feeling Tyson Fury doesn't really care much who wins this fight either (while Wilder actually does).

Initially my hunch was Wilder by KO in round 8 or 9, but I think that's dropped that to 6 after yesterday's weigh in. And Wilder's been on a wee bit of a roll, at least, while Tyson Fury's best days are definitely behind him. Besides, I can see Fury being wide open for that right hand a lot of the time. It's a pretty fucking quick and sneaky right hand too at times. He's likely to frustrate Wilder a bit, obviously, but I don't think he's going to be able to avoid that thing for 36 minutes.

Anyway, fingers crossed I'm still awake when this thing starts and there's still some Glenlivet left. I can already feel myself rapidly fading here, though, and it's only midnight. Hmm.

Last edited:
Beyond the actual winning of the fight, I think Fury is likely to really man-handle Wilder, using the size difference to really bully him up close and against the ropes, and use his evasion at distance. I expect this fight to be really frustrating for Wilder. I do think Wilder has a chance though, but hope Fury comes out with his old moves and a decent gas tank -- if he does it should be entertaining fight.

Been on the fence forever. Fuck it. Picking Wilder. All in, no regrets. Bring it home, baby. BOMBSQUAAAAAAAAAAAD!

i think wilder is faster than any other fighter fury has fought.
this will be the difference.

I wholeheartedly agree with this

Not only is he faster, he combines that with being the hardest hitting

I want Fury to win but cant see it happening

Fury takes a wide decision I think. He's gonna jab, angle out and clinch. Probably going to be boring as shit. Bet a large portion of my stake I won gambling on football on Fury as a dog. I don't think those odds are anywhere near correct but we shall see.

Edit: Wilder also won't have a reach or height advantage for once in his career. I think it will cause him a lot of problems.

Beyond the actual winning of the fight, I think Fury is likely to really man-handle Wilder, using the size difference to really bully him up close and against the ropes, and use his evasion at distance. I expect this fight to be really frustrating for Wilder. I do think Wilder has a chance though, but hope Fury comes out with his old moves and a decent gas tank -- if he does it should be entertaining fight.

Will he bully him up close though ?

Will he not try to play an outside cagey game and not get too close in order to avoid walking into bomb zone

I think trying to walk forward at Wilder will be a mistake

Fury takes a wide decision I think. He's gonna jab, angle out and clinch. Probably going to be boring as shit. Bet a large portion of my stake I won gambling on football on Fury as a dog. I don't think those odds are anywhere near correct but we shall see.

Edit: Wilder also won't have a reach or height advantage for once in his career. I think it will cause him a lot of problems.

Its a 2 inch reach advantage which isnt that big of a deal at heavyweight, at the weigh ins and face offs the height difference wasnt that much, i dont believe that will play a factor

Bomb Squad via TKO.

I dont know. Just dont know. Only outcome that I would be surprised to see is Fury by (T)KO, but I could definitely see Fury outboxing Wilder to win a decision, Wilder to KO him or Wilder to win a decision if he hurts Fury couple of times badly enough for him to just go into survival mode

But if I would have to pick, I'd take Fury by decision. But still, wont be betting on this fight...

Its a 2 inch reach advantage which isnt that big of a deal at heavyweight, at the weigh ins and face offs the height difference wasnt that much, i dont believe that will play a factor

it's not that fury has a reach advantage, it's that wilder won't have a reach/height advantage over his opponent in this one

Back