Wilder switching to MMA if he loses next fight

The Can Opener

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
From fightnews.com

Bermane Stiverne: “I always thought the fight was never going to happen with Deontay and Ortiz. When they announced it, the first thing I thought was, ‘This fight is not gonna happen so I gotta get ready for it.’ I’ve known Ortiz since 2004. He’s always been who he is now. In the first fight with Deontay, everything he gave me, I ate it for breakfast and I was a sick man.”

Deontay Wilder: “If you ate my punches for breakfast, I hope you left room for lunch, baby. The way I feel about boxing, if Bermain Stiverne beats me, I will retire. If I lose to him, I’m done. I’m out. That’s it. I might move to MMA or some shit!”

“My head is in a peaceful state of mind. I still sit back and analyze my career. I think, ‘What have I done so wrong to get the bad end of the stick with every fight?’ All I ever wanted was to fight the best and be the best.”

“I want it to show, that I’m the best, not just in the record, but all the way around. It saddens me. I almost makes me lose the love of boxing. People getting on banned substance when you know you’re not supposed to be. It’s starting to sicken me and I don’t want to feel this way about boxing. Am I better out of this sport than in this sport? Am I that dangerous that other fighters feel they have to do these things?”

Geez for all his talk of being at peace the cancelled fights seem to really be getting under his skin. It's understandable though losing out on 10 + million bucks and having to fight someone who didn't put up enough of a fight to be exciting last time he tapped that ass. For all you guys frustrated with his level of competition maybe stop and think about how he is just as frustrated and he already missed out on double digit MILLIONS because of fucking cheaters.

Stiverne had to take Wilder down to not go to sleep in the first round lol.

I wish cruiser weight got more focus...
fuck heavyweight boxing. Whole division should be banned.

YES! Loving the buildup for this fight. At first I didn't want to see it, but now that Stiverne just tried to compare the hardest puncher in the game (imo) to Denny's, and claim he could eat his punches all day, I especially can't wait for him to be put out.

Could you imagine TWO fights with Wilder? If anyone has to retire after this fight, it's gonna be Stiverne, he's gonna be shot by the 6th round if he makes it that far.

I stopped reading after "from fightnews".

Fightnews is odd. They aren't really a "news" site for the sport. Rather, many of their articles read like press releases from a promoter or manager.

Even when I read their ring-side reports, I have to head over to boxrec to get some clarity at to what the heck they are talking about.

"A veteran of 30 fights" could also mean "2-28"

"seasoned veteran" could mean "45 years old and hasn't fought in a decade"

If he loses to stiverne maybe he should consider it? He’s not going to lose though

Back