Wilder Plans To Weigh 245 Pounds In Fury Rematch

Not a Wilder fan but if I had to pick a guy for being 'most clean' in the heavyweight top10 I'd go with him.
Tend to agree with that. No fucking chance someone could juice and still have legs like that. (Those are legitimately why he is so light in weight.)

I remember when Brock Lesnar was fucking with Frank Mir's brain after getting manhandled at UFC 100... Frank started to gain more muscle and weight, because he thought that this was the key to beat Brock.

The one thing that Deontay doesn't lack is his size though. His height combined with his lean frame is unique, and probably gives him this snap in his punches. It's the sweet science... Applying the Jarrell Miller type of McDonalds routine could take away his power and then he has nothing...

He's simply not good enough as a boxer... Doesn't set traps, shows no signs of ring IQ, fight IQ or tactical IQ... He said himself that those things dont exist, because he doesn't grasp it. He said he would knock out Joe Louis and Mike Tyson, because he thinks his size alone does the trick.

For him its just go out and throw punches... Which works fine until you're in there with someone savvy.

Very mediocre boxer and he's not going to improve drastically at this point in his career. Tyson's Fury too far away to catch up to, he will never beat him.

I remember when Brock Lesnar was fucking with Frank Mir's brain after getting manhandled at UFC 100... Frank started to gain more muscle and weight, because he thought that this was the key to beat Brock.

The one thing that Deontay doesn't lack is his size though. His height combined with his lean frame is unique, and probably gives him this snap in his punches. It's the sweet science... Applying the Jarrell Miller type of McDonalds routine could take away his power and then he has nothing...

He's simply not good enough as a boxer... Doesn't set traps, shows no signs of ring IQ, fight IQ or tactical IQ... He said himself that those things dont exist, because he doesn't grasp it. He said he would knock out Joe Louis and Mike Tyson, because he thinks his size alone does the trick.

For him its just go out and throw punches... Which works fine until you're in there with someone savvy.

Very mediocre boxer and he's not going to improve drastically at this point in his career. Tyson's Fury too far away to catch up to, he will never beat him.
The guy just put Fury to sleep for fucks sake. Fury just happened to get back up.

The guy just put Fury to sleep for fucks sake. Fury just happened to get back up.

Sounds like a contradiction in itself, LOL.
The knockdown is blown out of proportion anyway. Watching it live was really "WTF", but in hindsight I get it. It's nothing that I'm gonna remember forever.

What do you disagree with? My comment says that he has power.

Sounds like a contradiction in itself, LOL.
The knockdown is blown out of proportion anyway. Watching it live was really "WTF", but in hindsight I get it. It's nothing that I'm gonna remember forever.

What do you disagree with? My comment says that he has power.
No it doesnt. Fury said he went out. The ref said he woke up when he got to 5 on the count.

To act like the guy has no chance against someone he just put down is pretty silly.

No it doesnt. Fury said he went out. The ref said he woke up when he got to 5 on the count.

To act like the guy has no chance against someone he just put down is pretty silly.

He does have a punchers chance.

But I think its pretty much the end of the road for Deontay here. I doubt we'll ever see the juggernaut again that he used to be.

Seems like a big mistake. Some of Wilder's best attributes are his speed and cardio and he would probably give up some speed and cardio to be 245. If he comes in that heavy Fury might actually be lighter if he keeps losing weight.

Why? It wasn't like he was getting bullied by Fury. He is going to suck if he can't throw hard for 12 rounds. What else does he have to fall back on?

Probably just playing mindgames.
He knows he already sparked Fury once before, so the idea of added weight will just get in Furys head more.
Furys lack of ability to finish means he has another 12 rounds to play with, expect him to come in 215 next time.

Probably just playing mindgames.
He knows he already sparked Fury once before, so the idea of added weight will just get in Furys head more.

yutRrqm.gif

Agreed on all counts.

He got frustrated too early and started head hunting. He really ought to throw those straights, especially his jabs, more often. Theyre very, very good.

in the post fight interview in the ring, you can tell that Fury got into his head. Wilder even said it, and that the build up/hype for the fight made him focus on the KO.

He cannot ever let that happen again. Vs Fury or vs Joshua. Complete opposite of what happened vs Ortiz. Vs Ortiz, Wilder was patient, calm, and made subtle adjustments to get that KO. None of that happened vs Fury.

Spot on its the wild misses that's going to take him out of it....be better off trying some combos and landing more (missing less) of his big punches at slightly less power at least until he slows fury down a bit. At the pace they fought at fury could have gone all night he needs to try and force a faster pace and land more less power shots to slow fury down a bit, which would enable him to take him out with the big shots later, and capitalise if he gets up by not being too gassed himself.

easier said than done I know.

but I cant see how coming in heavier is going to help him
Yeah agreed. I think that might be why Johsua might do better against Fury, because he throws more combination punches which will be harder for Fury to defend. Wilder just needs to forget about big power and just LAND period on Fury with medium weight punches. Hell even a medium punch from Wilder would probably hurt. And also I think he should have worked the body against Fury. All that time off and abusing his body I think Tyson's body would have been a good target and it would have robbed him of his wheels. Coming in heavier against Fury is a tactical error in my view.

Joshua's physique must be getting to his head, he must think he needed the extra mass int he final round, especially because he didn't put Tyson completely out
Got to think. The speed of his hands r the reason he kos. Not really the power l.

245 is too much IMO, but I think about 225-230 is his best weight if put on properly.

Wilder will certainly be much better in the rematch with a better gameplan and less nerves, but I think Fury will be better too as he can finally focus purely on boxing now that he’s back to his optimum weight.

According to an interview done with Fox News, Wilder said "...he will try to gain a significant amount of weight, with a goal of 245 pounds after he came in at 209 on Saturday. He’s open to fighting Fury anywhere, even in Britain, though his preferences would be Las Vegas or Barclays Center in New York."

005e568d50fc6a8116de4f471fe58ac8

In my opinion this a terrible mistake. He already looked gassed in the 12th round. He'll also be significantly slower. I feel like Wilder knows he has no chance of boxing with Fury so he banks on landing that one punch again, but this time having enough weight to KO Fury. With that being said a bigger, slower, Wilder won't be able to land against a smaller, fitter Fury, and Wilder will lose some of his KO power considering he'll be a lot slower.

What do you guys think?

SOURCE: https://www.foxsports.com.au/boxing...t/news-story/749c7929dc29b7a538cbb422b91fad9f

I don’t think weight was the reason Wilder didn’t win. I also don’t see how he could put on 40lbs of healthy weight in a few months - I’m not a bodybuilder or a boxer, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

I don’t think weight was the reason Wilder didn’t win. I also don’t see how he could put on 40lbs of healthy weight in a few months - I’m not a bodybuilder or a boxer, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

It's more like 30lbs but that would still take 6+ months to put on like 15-20lbs of muscle and 10-15lbs of fat.

Back