Wilder Plans To Weigh 245 Pounds In Fury Rematch

IAmTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
According to an interview done with Fox News, Wilder said "...he will try to gain a significant amount of weight, with a goal of 245 pounds after he came in at 209 on Saturday. He’s open to fighting Fury anywhere, even in Britain, though his preferences would be Las Vegas or Barclays Center in New York."

005e568d50fc6a8116de4f471fe58ac8

In my opinion this a terrible mistake. He already looked gassed in the 12th round. He'll also be significantly slower. I feel like Wilder knows he has no chance of boxing with Fury so he banks on landing that one punch again, but this time having enough weight to KO Fury. With that being said a bigger, slower, Wilder won't be able to land against a smaller, fitter Fury, and Wilder will lose some of his KO power considering he'll be a lot slower.

What do you guys think?

SOURCE: https://www.foxsports.com.au/boxing...t/news-story/749c7929dc29b7a538cbb422b91fad9f

As soon as I saw the headline I thought this

" he banks on landing that one punch again, but this time having enough weight to KO Fury."

Its a tatic although not too sure if its the right one. Depends on when the rematch is too. I think he would be better of working on footwork and being able to cut the ring off from fury and also more work to the body to try and slow him down

That's very weird. At 210 Wilder has all the power and stamina to KO anything human in the championship rounds. He'll only lose this edge. It would be useful to put on some weight if he was muscled around all the time, but the current batch of HW, with their size and questinable stamina, don't try to fight in the clinch very often.

He'd better focus on his footwork, head movement and uppercuts.

I dont believe it or understand it.

As far as him showing fatigue against Fury, when youre chasing a KO and missing a lot, it takes its toll quickly on the gas tank.

Joshua's physique must be getting to his head, he must think he needed the extra mass int he final round, especially because he didn't put Tyson completely out

He will do much worse than the first time if he tries that, possibly gets stopped. It'll just slow him down and make his stamina worse without giving enough of an increase in power/strength to compensate for it.

I dont believe it or understand it.

As far as him showing fatigue against Fury, when youre chasing a KO and missing a lot, it takes its toll quickly on the gas tank.

Spot on its the wild misses that's going to take him out of it....be better off trying some combos and landing more (missing less) of his big punches at slightly less power at least until he slows fury down a bit. At the pace they fought at fury could have gone all night he needs to try and force a faster pace and land more less power shots to slow fury down a bit, which would enable him to take him out with the big shots later, and capitalise if he gets up by not being too gassed himself.

easier said than done I know.

but I cant see how coming in heavier is going to help him

Spot on its the wild misses that's going to take him out of it....be better off trying some combos and landing more (missing less) of his big punches at slightly less power at least until he slows fury down a bit. At the pace they fought at fury could have gone all night he needs to try and force a faster pace and land more less power shots to slow fury down a bit, which would enable him to take him out with the big shots later, and capitalise if he gets up by not being too gassed himself.

Agreed on all counts.

He got frustrated too early and started head hunting. He really ought to throw those straights, especially his jabs, more often. Theyre very, very good.

He actually meant 340lbs.

It’s all for buzz to keep talks going amongst fans

I think Fury definitely won the fight- having said that, I think Wilder could absolutely destroy Fury if he came out all guns blazing in the first round.

Fighters just cant deal with his killer instinct when he really fucking goes for it

I think Fury definitely won the fight- having said that, I think Wilder could absolutely destroy Fury if he came out all guns blazing in the first round.

Fighters just cant deal with his killer instinct when he really fucking goes for it

Fury can avoid them for 3 minutes I think and then wilder would be pretty spent.....

Agreed on all counts.

He got frustrated too early and started head hunting. He really ought to throw those straights, especially his jabs, more often. Theyre very, very good.

Wilder's jab is one of things that caught my eye given I haven't seen too many wilder fights in full. It looked really really good. He needs to use it a lot more to set up his straights. He should use those more like u say mixing some to body as its when he tries other shots they get sloppy real quick and he puts everything behind them

It's really fucking with him and that's good but the weight wasn't the problem, his skills are.

According to an interview done with Fox News, Wilder said "...he will try to gain a significant amount of weight, with a goal of 245 pounds after he came in at 209 on Saturday. He’s open to fighting Fury anywhere, even in Britain, though his preferences would be Las Vegas or Barclays Center in New York."

005e568d50fc6a8116de4f471fe58ac8

In my opinion this a terrible mistake. He already looked gassed in the 12th round. He'll also be significantly slower. I feel like Wilder knows he has no chance of boxing with Fury so he banks on landing that one punch again, but this time having enough weight to KO Fury. With that being said a bigger, slower, Wilder won't be able to land against a smaller, fitter Fury, and Wilder will lose some of his KO power considering he'll be a lot slower.

What do you guys think?

SOURCE: https://www.foxsports.com.au/boxing...t/news-story/749c7929dc29b7a538cbb422b91fad9f

He wouldn’t fight Joshua in Britain and he won’t fight fury here either imo. No way he rematches him over here

And I agree I don’t see how more weight will help against fury. It may help against AJ but will possibly be counter productive against Tyson

Fury v Wilder in Manchester would see Deontay mentally destroyed before hitting the scales. Vegas would be a great sell, and sells both fighters even more in the US. Also something I've been pondering can AJ get a visa for the USA? I'm sure he can, but I am wondering, cheers.

Terrible idea. He should stay around 210. His lower weight is actually an advantage for him against both AJ and Fury.

And most probably it's just some BS thing used to keep the talk about the fight. How in the hell are you going to gain 35 pounds in 6 months and train boxing at the same time? Even being on Big Baby Miller's diet won't help him much.

He wouldn’t fight Joshua in Britain and he won’t fight fury here either imo. No way he rematches him over here

And I agree I don’t see how more weight will help against fury. It may help against AJ but will possibly be counter productive against Tyson
Hell fight them both there.

Terrible idea. He should stay around 210. His lower weight is actually an advantage for him against both AJ and Fury.

And most probably it's just some BS thing used to keep the talk about the fight. How in the hell are you going to gain 35 pounds in 6 months and train boxing at the same time? Even being on Big Baby Miller's diet won't help him much.
Eat Clen and Tren hard.

Back