WILDER OFFERS JOSHUA 50 MILLION

What is the latest without hitting all the pages? Any closer?

I for one am glad the fights going to be in the UK.

Because to me that says AJ is not looking to just sell out for a cheque, he wants to win this fight and keep the belts and is willing to take a pay cut to do it.

When AJ said he'd accept $50m, did he say "I'll accept $50m and hand over all the arrangements and terms and location"?
Or didn't he just mean "I'll sign to fight Deontay if they offer $50m"?

Seems to me we're all winning here ....... because it looks like AJ is going to sign to fight Wilder ........and it's not going to take $50m to do it, he just wants home court advantage, and why not?

No staying up till 6am!

What kind of backwards ass reasoning is this? You're commending him for forcing both of them to make less money just so he can stack the deck in his favour?

What do you care how much money they make? you getting a cut? no, so hush up.

Yes, stacking the deck in his favour means he's serious about keeping the belts, rather than walk over there and hand it all to Deontay for a one off pay cheque ........ so yes I'm happy AJ is putting his career before money.

........ I know that might be hard for you guys to appreciate, its called integrity.
Also your probably just mad that AJ has put Wilder in his place.

We're going to get the fight so what's the issue?

No staying up till 6am!

Damn straight!

What do you care how much money they make? you getting a cut? no, so hush up.

Yes, stacking the deck in his favour means he's serious about keeping the belts, rather than walk over there and hand it all to Deontay for a one off pay cheque ........ so yes I'm happy AJ is putting his career before money.

........ I know that might be hard for you guys to appreciate, its called integrity.
Also your probably just mad that AJ has put Wilder in his place.

We're going to get the fight so what's the issue?

Damn straight!

I care about how much they make insofar as it impacts negotiations. Choosing to make less money by having the fight at home (which, in turn, is taking money out of his opponent's pocket) after going back on his word about having the fight stateside if Wilder's team guaranteed him the money seems more chicken shit than anything else (lol at calling that shit integrity). Basically he's saying that he wants everyone involved to make less money because he doesn't have confidence himself in winning the fight outside of the UK, and that kind of attitude tends to get all kinds of criticism in boxing. If the shoe was on the other foot, no one would be defending Wilder.

Now, if Joshua and co. is willing to pay Wilder what he would have earned had the fight happened in the US, then that's a different matter (it would then only be Joshua taking a paycut in order to have the fight on his turf). I've seen no indication that he's willing to do it. Negotiating in bad faith really doesn't strike me as an "integrity" move.

I care about how much they make insofar as it impacts negotiations. Choosing to make less money by having the fight at home (which, in turn, is taking money out of his opponent's pocket) after going back on his word about having the fight stateside if Wilder's team guaranteed him the money seems more chicken shit than anything else (lol at calling that shit integrity). Basically he's saying that he wants everyone involved to make less money because he doesn't have confidence himself in winning the fight outside of the UK, and that kind of attitude tends to get all kinds of criticism in boxing. If the shoe was on the other foot, no one would be defending Wilder.

Now, if Joshua and co. is willing to pay Wilder what he would have earned had the fight happened in the US, then that's a different matter (it would then only be Joshua taking a paycut in order to have the fight on his turf). I've seen no indication that he's willing to do it. Negotiating in bad faith really doesn't strike me as an "integrity" move.

Joshua said he'd fight Deontay for $50m, he didn't say where or that he'd sell his soul to those blood suckers for it.

If Deontay rocked up and said right I'll fight in Wembley and here's $50m the fight would of been signed last month, but they didn't, they said you take a back seat, fight where we tell you and how we tell you and you just take the money.

AJ has every right as the champ (with all the belts) to say "No thanks, I want to fight in the UK", its not like he's saying no.

Also you going on about what Wilder's "entitled" to, he's entitled to fk all, mans spent his career as Champ fighting for chump change in comparison, £3m per fight?? while AJ makes £10m - 20m per fight?

Deontay's only goal here should be to get in that ring, take those belts ........ then fleece AJ for a rematch if Deontay wins, then and only then will Deontay be "entitled" and he'll get all teh big bucks.

Deontay could go from making £2.5m to £12m (AJ first fight) to £50m in the rematch as the unified champ.

You sure he should be risking that by playing hardball?? because otherwise its back to making £2.5m fighting no marks.

Joshua said he'd fight Deontay for $50m, he didn't say where or that he'd sell his soul to those blood suckers for it.

The Joshua team offered Wilder a flat fee of 12.5 million and Wilder's team obviously rejected that because it's an insane lowball deal. Then Joshua said this: "If it is a $100 million fight and they are happy with taking 60-40, I'll take 50-50. Give me $50 million dollars up front and I swear I'll take that fight tomorrow." Wilder's team offered him $50 million guaranteed (with the possibility of earning more than $50 million) and then Joshua balked. Apparently giving Joshua exactly what he wanted somehow means that Joshua is selling his soul to "blood suckers." That's fucking absurd, but whatever.

If Deontay rocked up and said right I'll fight in Wembley and here's $50m the fight would of been signed last month, but they didn't, they said you take a back seat, fight where we tell you and how we tell you and you just take the money.

The fight generates appreciably less in the UK which means that making a $50 million guaranteed offer isn't really possible unless the fight is in Vegas where it will make appreciably more money. If Joshua's team was only willing to ever fight in the UK, they shouldn't have said they'd take a $50 million guaranteed offer. They were bullshitting and Wilder's team called the bluff.

AJ has every right as the champ (with all the belts) to say "No thanks, I want to fight in the UK", its not like he's saying no.

He can say that, but then he needs to make a reasonable deal to Wilder. If he wants everyone else involved in the fight to make less just because he doesn't have the balls to fight outside of the UK, he should be willing to offer Wilder a reasonable amount which they clearly haven't done yet.

Also you going on about what Wilder's "entitled" to, he's entitled to fk all, mans spent his career as Champ fighting for chump change in comparison, £3m per fight?? while AJ makes £10m - 20m per fight?

Deontay's only goal here should be to get in that ring, take those belts ........ then fleece AJ for a rematch if Deontay wins, then and only then will Deontay be "entitled" and he'll get all teh big bucks.

Deontay could go from making £2.5m to £12m (AJ first fight) to £50m in the rematch as the unified champ.

You sure he should be risking that by playing hardball?? because otherwise its back to making £2.5m fighting no marks.

No, his goal should be to get something resembling a reasonable deal. If Joshua's team isn't willing to offer a reasonable amount, then they're avoiding the fight and should be criticized accordingly. Any other fighter in boxing would be getting tons of shit for what Joshua and his team are doing at the moment. This is every bit as bad as Canelo and GBP delaying the fight with Golovkin for at least a year.

Last edited:
Ill be totally honest here, it blows my mind people try to excuse them turning down the $50 million.

Just call it for what it is, a bullshit move. It doesnt make you less of a fan lol. They asked, it was offered, then they changed their mind. This is a fact.

Ill be totally honest here, it blows my mind people try to excuse them turning down the $50 million.

Just call it for what it is, a bullshit move. It doesnt make you less of a fan lol. They asked, it was offered, then they changed their mind. This is a fact.

The point is though what do we care? it looks like the fights going to happen.

Maybe Joshua shouldn't of been so forward with his comment if he had stipulations but I understand why he feels the need to have the fight in the UK.

My main point is Deontay is obviously hunting for the big pay day, especially as he sees this fight as his golden ticket and compared to his usual pay days I don't blame him.
But if you see the bigger picture i.e don't blow this opportunity by trying to drain every dollar from someone who has all the leverage when if you take the fight and win ........... you get all the chips, more than you ever would of made as the Champ offering the rematch with all the bells and whistles in your favor.

If Wilder wins this match look at what he gets ..........

Choice of location (Vegas)

Terms all in his favor (as the new champ offering the rematch)

A take it or leave it rematch offer with at somewhere around 60-70% rights to all the takings.

Last and not least ALL the belts which your management were never skilled enough to get you, so you now control the HW div with world wide recognition and bigger pay days.

............ and you think he should risk blowing all of that leverage for scrapping over what £10m or so now?

For him and the way his career has panned out this is the opportunity of a life time, if he messes this up being greedy now he's an idiot.

Maybe Joshua shouldn't of been so forward with his comment if he had stipulations but I understand why he feels the need to have the fight in the UK.

My main point is Deontay is obviously hunting for the big pay day, especially as he sees this fight as his golden ticket and compared to his usual pay days I don't blame him.
But if you see the bigger picture i.e don't blow this opportunity by trying to drain every dollar from someone who has all the leverage when if you take the fight and win ........... you get all the chips, more than you ever would of made as the Champ offering the rematch with all the bells and whistles in your favor.

A take it or leave it rematch offer with at somewhere around 60-70% rights to all the takings.

Last and not least ALL the belts which your management were never skilled enough to get you, so you now control the HW div with world wide recognition and bigger pay days.

............ and you think he should risk blowing all of that leverage for scrapping over what £10m or so now?

For him and the way his career has panned out this is the opportunity of a life time, if he messes this up being greedy now he's an idiot.
What do we care? In the grand scheme of things I dont care. I simply am able to call it what it is, bullshit.

It appears youre one of the people that cannot, and have to find ways to excuse it.

Nobody gives a shit about how much money Joshua or Wilder have, we care about seeing the fight and identifying which side is to blame (or which side deserves more blame) if said fight doesn't go through (which has everything to do with the money split).

I don't care about Joshua or this dumb boxing match

Boxing sucks, and has for a while now

I for one am glad the fights going to be in the UK.

Because to me that says AJ is not looking to just sell out for a cheque, he wants to win this fight and keep the belts and is willing to take a pay cut to do it.

When AJ said he'd accept $50m, did he say "I'll accept $50m and hand over all the arrangements and terms and location"?
Or didn't he just mean "I'll sign to fight Deontay if they offer $50m"?

Seems to me we're all winning here ....... because it looks like AJ is going to sign to fight Wilder ........and it's not going to take $50m to do it, he just wants home court advantage, and why not?
<23>

Then fuck off out of the boxing forum?

Yea. Boxing fucking sucks.

If only I could watch CM punk vs the pink power ranger..?

Boxing might suck. But at least it's not a joke.

It blows my mind how people can't see straight through it. AJ said he'd take 50m in an off the cuff comment, he hadn't spoken to his promoter about that and it goes without saying that it would depend on the terms of the deal. It's pure pretty tactics 'oh you said this in an interview can't go back on your word'.

AJ is the A side if him and Hearn want to turn around and say that they'd actually prefer to run the show and have it in the UK so no thanks, then they are more than entitled to. The whole thing was a distraction from Wilder's team.

Wilder has now said he wants 50-50 only which contradicts the last few months of negotiations. It contradicts his words a few days ago when he said he'd accept 15m from Hearn. I'm afraid he is now the one to blame for this fight not happening. He isn't getting 50-50 and he knew that from day one, to use that card as soon as AJ got ordered to fight Povetkin is pathetic.

@RR it appears your boy is a bitch made, or whatever that shit is.

It blows my mind how people can't see straight through it. AJ said he'd take 50m in an off the cuff comment, he hadn't spoken to his promoter about that and it goes without saying that it would depend on the terms of the deal. It's pure pretty tactics 'oh you said this in an interview can't go back on your word'.

AJ is the A side if him and Hearn want to turn around and say that they'd actually prefer to run the show and have it in the UK so no thanks, then they are more than entitled to. The whole thing was a distraction from Wilder's team.

Wilder has now said he wants 50-50 only which contradicts the last few months of negotiations. It contradicts his words a few days ago when he said he'd accept 15m from Hearn. I'm afraid he is now the one to blame for this fight not happening. He isn't getting 50-50 and he knew that from day one, to use that card as soon as AJ got ordered to fight Povetkin is pathetic.

@RR it appears your boy is a bitch made, or whatever that shit is.
Did I say they couldnt do it? Nope. I said it was a bullshit move. Which it is.

50/50 is a joke and ridiculous demand.

Back