WILDER OFFERS JOSHUA 50 MILLION

"they are trying to gain as much money out of the deal for their side as possible."

No the fuck they are not, or they would fight in the US where they will make tons more. They had no issue with fighting in the US when it came to fighting a easy fight in Baby Miller.

Ok let me rephrase that ...........

They are trying to make as much money as possible from the deal that's on the table, which is the UK fight.

Firstly the $50m was plucked out of thin air, was it legit, yes, but all they are doing is betting the fight makes more than $50m and will guarantee AJ the first $50m and they'll take what's left which they were gauging would be up to $100m (a lot more than Hearn would like to give them).

But the crux of it is this, AJ wants every advantage he can get and that means fighting on home soil, he's got the belts and obviously wants to keep them, there's no shame in admitting it.
So he has decided that he'll make the fight but it has to be a UK fight ........ he's choosing trying to keep the belts and the future millions that comes with that over a one off $50m offer.

He's the champ and that is his right what he prioritizes.

So now he's prioritized fighting in the UK ......... he's looking to make as much money from that deal.

Simple enough.

Can you all just please fucking stop!!!!

Povetkin is Joshuas mandatory, he has to fight him at some point, especially if the financial terms for the Joshua-Wilder fight cannot be agreed to.

We are getting half stories from both sides here, WIlder offering Joshua 50m but not actually putting in any guarantees or an actual contract(i believe it was done on Instagram....really...is that how things work?), Joshua throwing out a stupid figure and knowing he wouldnt get paid it(50m) and then not agreeing when the instagram offer was made...its all bullshit

If these 2 fucking clowns cant agree to the terms, then they HAVE to fight thier mandatories until one of them backs down and stops being stupid

I think the majority of the idiocy in this thread, is coming from the Americans side, how can you expect someone to agree to a contract that they havent seen?

You are acting fucking autistic just thinking someone asks for one thing, and when it is supposedly given, they should agree to it without knowing any of the other terms and conditions...that is not how contracts work...i guess a lot of you either dont know how they work, or are chosing to ignore that part of this negotiation

"WIlder offering Joshua 50m but not actually putting in any guarantees or an actual contract(i believe it was done on Instagram....really...is that how things work?) "

" how can you expect someone to agree to a contract that they havent seen?"

Oh look another "fan" being dishonest. AJ and Hearn in so much words have already confirmed the deal is real. But here you are still pushing a narrative Hearn has abandoned.

Last edited:
Can you all just please fucking stop!!!!

Povetkin is Joshuas mandatory, he has to fight him at some point, especially if the financial terms for the Joshua-Wilder fight cannot be agreed to.

We are getting half stories from both sides here, WIlder offering Joshua 50m but not actually putting in any guarantees or an actual contract(i believe it was done on Instagram....really...is that how things work?), Joshua throwing out a stupid figure and knowing he wouldnt get paid it(50m) and then not agreeing when the instagram offer was made...its all bullshit

If these 2 fucking clowns cant agree to the terms, then they HAVE to fight thier mandatories until one of them backs down and stops being stupid

I think the majority of the idiocy in this thread, is coming from the Americans side, how can you expect someone to agree to a contract that they havent seen?

You are acting fucking autistic just thinking someone asks for one thing, and when it is supposedly given, they should agree to it without knowing any of the other terms and conditions...that is not how contracts work...i guess a lot of you either dont know how they work, or are chosing to ignore that part of this negotiation
Love how you get on your soapbox and then immediately do what youre crying that everyone else is doing.

They are trying to make as much money as possible from the deal that's on the table, which is the UK fight.

Firstly the $50m was plucked out of thin air, was it legit, yes, but all they are doing is betting the fight makes more than $50m and will guarantee AJ the first $50m and they'll take what's left which they were gauging would be up to $100m (a lot more than Hearn would like to give them).

But the crux of it is this, AJ wants every advantage he can get and that means fighting on home soil, he's got the belts and obviously wants to keep them, there's no shame in admitting it.
So he has decided that he'll make the fight but it has to be a UK fight ........ he's choosing trying to keep the belts and the future millions that comes with that over a one off $50m offer.

So now he's prioritized fighting in the UK ......... he's looking to make as much money from that deal.

Simple enough.

50 Million was not plucked out of thin air, it was plucked out of AJ mouth in his attempt to give a number he thought was impossible.

Simple enough.

AJ wants all the advantages and deserves it in all honesty. He’s taken more risks, has been fighting better competition and has already had 2 unification fights. He has the fans because of it. The only thing wilder has done to unify the belts is call out Joshua after he’s put in the ground work in and collected them himself. As treelo said some people are ignoring basic business and common sense and contradicting themselves

Love how you get on your soapbox and then immediately do what youre crying that everyone else is doing.

Not really, im just being realistic about the situation, if they had of sent a proper contract over to Joshua with T&Cs, then it would be a giant shitbag move on his part not to accept it....

50 Million was not plucked out of thin air, it was plucked out of AJ mouth in his attempt to give a number he thought was impossible.

Yes, i completely agree, it was a figure out of thin air as Hearn knew they couldnt guarantee it, which is why the offer came in via instagram and not a contract....both sides being assholes here

AJ wants all the advantages and deserves it in all honesty. He’s taken more risks, has been fighting better competition and has already had 2 unification fights. He has the fans because of it. The only thing wilder has done to unify the belts is call out Joshua after he’s put in the ground work in and collected them himself. As treelo said some people are ignoring basic business and common sense and contradicting themselves

I really want these guys to fight, but if both sides keep pissing about like this it wont happen, and at the end of the day regardless of who you think would win, both of these guys want to fight each other, and neither are ducking each other(which is fucking laughable that people mention this considering the guys both of them have already fought).

Personally, i think Joshua was stupid to say he wanted 50m to fight(i cant remember when or where he said this, so i apologise as i dont really do social media), and then on an equally stupid scale, i think it was amazingly stupid that Wilders team/fans/management thought it was ok to send an offer through a social media site that is more known for people posting semi naked photographs and then demand he accepts it within 24hrs or it is off the table

Fight is worth alot more in Vegas or even MSG imo but I understand AJ wanting an edge over a guy like Wilder who might be smaller but devestating power an a solid chin. Honestly I think Wilder wins an makes it look easy no matter locale.

Fight is worth alot more in Vegas or even MSG imo but I understand AJ wanting an edge over a guy like Wilder who might be smaller but devestating power an a solid chin. Honestly I think Wilder wins an makes it look easy no matter locale.

Yeah, i am kind of leaning towards a Wilder win these days, he has shown he has recovery powers we have not seen before the Ortiz fight, but it doesnt affect the way this fight may play out

The big worry is one of them may get beat while this thing drags on

Yes, i completely agree, it was a figure out of thin air as Hearn knew they couldnt guarantee it, which is why the offer came in via instagram and not a contract....both sides being assholes here

Out of Hearn's own mouth yesterday
https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-i-want-know-this-week-if-wilder-wants-fight--128616
"They [Wilder's team] made a very strong offer, there's no denying that, but it's not an amount of money that's going to change Anthony's life.

You can now go away with your bullshit narrative, of trying to make the deal look fake.

Out of Hearn's own mouth yesterday
https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-i-want-know-this-week-if-wilder-wants-fight--128616
"They [Wilder's team] made a very strong offer, there's no denying that, but it's not an amount of money that's going to change Anthony's life.

You can now go away with your bullshit narrative, of trying to make the deal look fake.

You sound like someone who has never ever had to get a job or buy a house, do you actually know how a contract works, or are you being intentionally fucking stupid?

You sound like someone who has never ever had to get a job or buy a house, do you actually know how a contract works, or are you being intentionally fucking stupid?

Now that It's more than clear that you are trolling, for everyone to see. You can go play stupid with someone else you dumb fuck.

Hearn seems to think the offer was legitimate, but you know better?

The legitimacy is very clearly not the issue. They just want to call all of the shots.

Hearn seems to think the offer was legitimate, but you know better?

The legitimacy is very clearly not the issue. They just want to call all of the shots.

Well then Hearns is lying....as i said, both sides in this are as bad as each other

Hearn is on record as saying the offer came through via an email/social media, with no contract or no details...just a fee....and he requested further details...

So one or i imagine both are telling only half truths to the media....which a lot of you are taking as gospel

Well then Hearns is lying....as i said, both sides in this are as bad as each other

Hearn is on record as saying the offer came through via an email/social media, with no contract or no details...just a fee....and he requested further details...

So one or i imagine both are telling only half truths to the media....which a lot of you are taking as gospel
They met up afterwards though?

I dont take any as gospel, but I do think what each side says holds more weight than us fans opinions.

I for one am glad the fights going to be in the UK.

Because to me that says AJ is not looking to just sell out for a cheque, he wants to win this fight and keep the belts and is willing to take a pay cut to do it.

When AJ said he'd accept $50m, did he say "I'll accept $50m and hand over all the arrangements and terms and location"?
Or didn't he just mean "I'll sign to fight Deontay if they offer $50m"?

Seems to me we're all winning here ....... because it looks like AJ is going to sign to fight Wilder ........and it's not going to take $50m to do it, he just wants home court advantage, and why not?

They met up afterwards though?

I dont take any as gospel, but I do think what each side says holds more weight than us fans opinions.

I havent heard a single thing about what went on when they met up, i know they were planned, but it got canned for some stupid reason or another(which is why this shit is dragging on)

Anyone who was around for Lewis-Bowe will know exactly what this shit feels like, both guys are represented by thespians who love the limelight, its not going to be an easy thing to sort out

Because to me that says AJ is not looking to just sell out for a cheque, he wants to win this fight and keep the belts and is willing to take a pay cut to do it.

When AJ said he'd accept $50m, did he say "I'll accept $50m and hand over all the arrangements and terms and location"?

Seems to me we're all winning here ....... because it looks like AJ is going to sign to fight Wilder ........and it's not going to take $50m to do it, he just wants home court advantage, and why not?
Especially when Wilder, I don't believe, has ever fought in front of more than 14,000? It can be daunting going from that to 90,000 plus.

Especially when Wilder, I don't believe, has ever fought in front of more than 14,000? It can be daunting going from that to 90,000 plus.
Not just that but 90% of those 90K fans will be cheering for Joshua. Wilder will feel like he is walking into the Lions Den.

What kind of backwards ass reasoning is this? You're commending him for forcing both of them to make less money just so he can stack the deck in his favour?

Back