WILDER OFFERS JOSHUA 50 MILLION

Its Wilder/Joshua in the UK, or Joshua/Povetkin in the UK

The ball is in Wilder's court

Not that it's going to happen, but it would be amusing if Povetkin/Joshua went to purse bid and Ryabinsky put up some ridiculous sum to have the fight in Russia.

Thats really disappointing.

I hope Wilder takes it and knocks him out in the first round.

Since AJ wants to take his ball and go home, they need to shell up significantly more money to Wilder.

Thats really disappointing.

I hope Wilder takes it and knocks him out in the first round.

Since AJ wants to take his ball and go home, they need to shell up significantly more money to Wilder.
I hope so too, sucks wont be able to see it live! Maybe on the rematch?

I hope so too, sucks wont be able to see it live! Maybe on the rematch?
If it gets signed for the UK Im going to try to push that as a vacation destination to the old lady.

If it gets signed for the UK Im going to try to push that as a vacation destination to the old lady.

A fight in Wembley is one hell of an experience. The wife did enjoy it.

Its on Hearn and AJ to offer Wilder a significantly good enough deal to back off. Wilder said he would take 40% and go to the UK. The last public offer I heard from Hearn's team was a 12.5 million flat fee offer. That's not gonna get it done when Hearn says the fight is worth 40 million pounds in the UK. Wilder's offer would be paying AJ nearly the entire UK take if it was in the USA.

Lol It was always going to be that and has been said for a long time if people cared to listen (or not conveniently forgotten to suit their agenda). I’ve posted it a number of times over the last few months.
the guy with all the fans and 3 of 4 belts wants the biggest say and home advantage! Rightly so; wilder has done precisely fck all in unifying the division other than talk about it on social media, whilst Joshua has been having unification fights
If wilder wants the fight then he’ll have to come over here and show his character rather than continually crying about shit.

Its on Hearn and AJ to offer Wilder a significantly good enough deal to back off. Wilder said he would take 40% and go to the UK. The last public offer I heard from Hearn's team was a 12.5 million flat fee offer. That's not gonna get it done when Hearn says the fight is worth 40 million pounds in the UK. Wilder's offer would be paying AJ nearly the entire UK take if it was in the USA.

If it’s a 40m fight then he doesn’t deserve much more than that. What does he bring to the table to deserve 40% or more of the purse; 1 belt and a handful of fans. Joshua is the only guy that has been actively looking at unifying the title

It’s not on hearn/AJ to come back with a huge offer. Wilder will earn peanuts in any other fight compared to this so hearn will just play a waiting game because he holds all of the cards. That’s what’s happening.
The fight will be over here on hearns/Joshua’s terms whether people want to accept it or not. Both guys have had offers that they’ve turned down. Both career high paydays by a huge amount. I laugh at the hypocrisy on here of people picking and choosing who’s ducked who

If it’s a 40m fight then he doesn’t deserve much more than that. What does he bring to the table to deserve 40% or more of the purse; 1 belt and a handful of fans. Joshua is the only guy that has been actively looking at unifying the title

It’s not on hearn/AJ to come back with a huge offer. Wilder will earn peanuts in any other fight compared to this so hearn will just play a waiting game because he holds all of the cards. That’s what’s happening.
The fight will be over here on hearns/Joshua’s terms whether people want to accept it or not. Both guys have had offers that they’ve turned down. Both career high paydays by a huge amount. I laugh at the hypocrisy on here of people picking and choosing who’s ducked who

The waiting game won't do AJ any good IMO. Yeah he can make more fighting the Carlos Takam's of the world, but Dan Rafael and other media people will start getting antsy and writing articles about why he isn't accepting the 50 million offer by that time if it hasn't been resolved. Only the UK media will protect that. Everyone else will wonder why don't they fight wherever makes the most money.

And we're not paying to watch AJ shadow box in there, certainly not if his last few fights are anything to go off of. Both of them together is what makes this an event. IDK if Wilder is worth 40%, but a flat fee offer of 12.5 isn't gonna get it done at all. How big of a paycut do they expect Wilder to take when Wilder is the one offering the better deal by far. They gave Parker around 33%, so I'd start around 35-40 and negotiating more off the top or more on the back depending on where the split lies.

The waiting game won't do AJ any good IMO. Yeah he can make more fighting the Carlos Takam's of the world, but Dan Rafael and other media people will start getting antsy and writing articles about why he isn't accepting the 50 million offer by that time if it hasn't been resolved. Only the UK media will protect that. Everyone else will wonder why don't they fight wherever makes the most money.

And we're not paying to watch AJ shadow box in there. Both of them together is what makes this an event. IDK if Wilder is worth 40%, but a flat fee offer of 12.5 isn't gonna get it done at all. How big of a paycut do they expect Wilder to take when Wilder is the one offering the better deal by far. They gave Parker around 33%, so I'd start around 35-40 and negotiating more off the top or more on the back depending on where the split lies.

i think the opposite. They can wait so more of their demands are met because they hold the cards at the table. And that seems to be exactly what hearn is doing. Povetkin in Britain will still be a fckin huge fight? As will fights with whyte, fury, pulev or any other top fighter. And they can all be made on Joshua’s terms and probably fairly easily. It’s a fckin game of chess being played out on social media. Wilders move now

I’m not saying 12.5m is fair but exactly how much of a pay cut is wilder taking, considering he’s probably never earned anywhere near that figure in a single fight?? Both of these guys are turning down a career high payday to get every little bit that they can from the fight. The one thing that seems very clear is both guys want home advantage, and that is definately understandable

I think the problem here is when Anthony can make 20-30 mill fighting guys like povetkin which are much safer. From a purely business perspective he doesn't need to take that fight (look I really want him to)

Where as a fight against AJ is literally anyone at heavyweights biggest payday by an absolute mile.

Honestly I don't think people here in the UK will care at all about his character if he doesn't fight Deontay.

That's just the situation in my opinion.

Obviously the biggest fight that cam be made is Deontay vs AJ

And in that fighting Deontay would be getting ten times as much as he's ever made. With Anthony not even making double his highest purse.

Read between the lines and it's pretty obvious. Aj does hold every card tgere is.

What he brings to the table is what Stupid ass AJ and Hearn admitted to, which they make more money in the US, that includes Wilder. So now the likelihood is Wilder is asking for around the same % cut he was going to get in America.

--------------------------

Wilder has already make is clear over and over and over, he is willing to go the UK. For reasonable deal. Just like he said 2 days ago.

Exclusive Interview!!! Deontay Wilder Will Fight Anthony Joshua In The UK For 40% SPLIT

AJ and Hearn are full of shit, in their attempt to make the narrative that Wilder has a issue with fighting in the UK. When the issue is the bullshit offer they are purposely giving to duck the fight.

I think the problem here is when Anthony can make 20-30 mill fighting guys like povetkin which are much safer. From a purely business perspective he doesn't need to take that fight (look I really want him to)

Where as a fight against AJ is literally anyone at heavyweights biggest payday by an absolute mile.

Honestly I don't think people here in the UK will care at all about his character if he doesn't fight Deontay.

That's just the situation in my opinion.

Obviously the biggest fight that cam be made is Deontay vs AJ

And in that fighting Deontay would be getting ten times as much as he's ever made. With Anthony not even making double his highest purse.

Read between the lines and it's pretty obvious. Aj does hold every card tgere is.
Sorry but anyone who doesnt care whether they see AJ fight Wilder isnt a boxing fan. That is ridiculous.

Sorry but anyone who doesnt care whether they see AJ fight Wilder isnt a boxing fan. That is ridiculous.
You're probably right. They would be casuals. But then a lot of these extra fans I think are casuals. And I'm really not saying this to be a dick. But I don't think they know who Deontay is. Hence they don't care.

Any actual boxing fan wants to see this fight.

I don't buy the giving back to the fans bit though. That's about having home advantage obviously.

AJ and Hearn are full of shit, in their attempt to make the narrative that Wilder has a issue with fighting in the UK. When the issue is the bullshit offer they are purposely giving to duck the fight.

If you believe that then your stupid.

They are not ducking or trying to duck, they are trying to gain as much money out of the deal for their side as possible.

Now considering they could lose it all against Wilder is that ducking or being smart businessmen?

............ or again do you think they should just hand everything over to Wilder after all their hard work?

There are two points to this, fans who obviously want this to happen (and it looks like its going to) but also plain stupidness from people who can't appreciate that this is a business negotiation, you can't separate one from the other.

From what both camps are saying, its going to happen in the UK and right now Deontay and Hearn are haggling over the last details of money, Hearn has put out his final offer and put a week timescale on it so now we can reverse it .......... if Deontay doesn't just take the offer he's a coward.

Even if he is being lowballed he'll make it all back in the rematch as he'll be champ?

You see it works both ways.

They are not ducking or trying to duck, they are trying to gain as much money out of the deal for their side as possible.

Now considering they could lose it all against Wilder is that ducking or being smart businessmen?

............ or again do you think they should just hand everything over to Wilder after all their hard work?

There are two points to this, fans who obviously want this to happen (and it looks like its going to) but also plain stupidness from people who can't appreciate that this is a business negotiation, you can't separate one from the other.

From what both camps are saying, its going to happen in the UK and right now Deontay and Hearn are haggling over the last details of money, Hearn has put out his final offer and put a week timescale on it so now we can reverse it .......... if Deontay doesn't just take the offer he's a coward.

Even if he is being lowballed he'll make it all back in the rematch as he'll be champ?

That doesnt make any sense considering they turned down the biggest $ offer.

"they are trying to gain as much money out of the deal for their side as possible."

No the fuck they are not, or they would fight in the US where they will make tons more. They had no issue with fighting in the US when it came to fighting a easy fight in Baby Miller.

Can you all just please fucking stop!!!!

Povetkin is Joshuas mandatory, he has to fight him at some point, especially if the financial terms for the Joshua-Wilder fight cannot be agreed to.

We are getting half stories from both sides here, WIlder offering Joshua 50m but not actually putting in any guarantees or an actual contract(i believe it was done on Instagram....really...is that how things work?), Joshua throwing out a stupid figure and knowing he wouldnt get paid it(50m) and then not agreeing when the instagram offer was made...its all bullshit

If these 2 fucking clowns cant agree to the terms, then they HAVE to fight thier mandatories until one of them backs down and stops being stupid

I think the majority of the idiocy in this thread, is coming from the Americans side, how can you expect someone to agree to a contract that they havent seen?

You are acting fucking autistic just thinking someone asks for one thing, and when it is supposedly given, they should agree to it without knowing any of the other terms and conditions...that is not how contracts work...i guess a lot of you either dont know how they work, or are chosing to ignore that part of this negotiation

Back