Wilder is way overrated.

Re; the Cunningham knockdown

Significantly shorter fighters can land the overhand right on Fury do to it being out of his line of vision. Taller guys? Much easier for him to see shots coming. Hence he nullified Wlad, a significantly bigger and more accurate puncher.
Wilder will actually throw punches unlike Wlad.

He was down by like 5 points after 9 rounds and it's not because he's a great defensive fighter
Explain how outside the 7th round, he was barely demanded or hit with clean hard shots? There nothing beautiful or technical about his defense but it's effective.

Yes he was down on points, but there's a reason people were boo'ing in many of those arounds because they were cancelling each others offense and trying to figure out each other out. Ortiz was still more active and walking him down, leading to having to score the rounds to him. But there was no beat down, or constant attack going on outside the 7th round. It was a cat and mouse game.

His chin is underrated, those lefts he ate in round 7 would KO anyone else I can think of.

He'll swing at air all night long. And even then Wilder has a pretty low activity rate.
Youre right. No one has ever hit Fury before. Hes the greatest defensive fighter ever.

Anyone else notice how lots of the people who shit on Deontay Wilder also happen to think Fury is somehow the greatest heavyweight out there?

The truth is that one of those two guys is a fucking joke.

I wonder what could possibly be causing people to think it's Wilder rather than Fury.

Go figure.

It's totally bizarre. Fury himself was a top fighter, but it's like people have blown his skill level out of proportion based on that hideously dull win vs Klitschko. Now he's been out for 2 and a half years, gotten fat, done loads of coke, had a mental breakdown and people talk about how Fury would dominate a guy who just KOd the no.3 or 4 heavyweight in the world? Some mega delusional thinking going on there.

Youre right. No one has ever hit Fury before. Hes the greatest defensive fighter ever.

He might knock him down, wouldn't be shocked if he did, but he isn't winning over 12 rounds.

I know being a very loud Wilder fan is your thing but even you don't think a peak performance Fury would be even threatened by the lanky basketballer.

He might knock him down, wouldn't be shocked if he did, but he isn't winning over 12 rounds.

I know being a very loud Wilder fan is your thing but even you don't think a peak performance Fury would be even threatened by the lanky basketballer.
Ah. So youre a racist prick. Got it.

Ah. So youre a racist prick. Got it.
giphy.gif

Only Fury can punch himself in the face.

How can a guy be 40-0 with 39 ko's (some of those against decent fighters) be overrated ? It's not like people are calling him the GOAT, from what i have read it's quite the opposite
Exactly. THIS

Wilder is super talented and very skilled, and one of the main reasons he is 40-0 is because he is not so traditional and fundamental like most boxers, if he was standard to the book boxer like most guys he wouldn't be 40-0 I reckon. People are living in 1960 still. Creative boxers who throw a lot of unorthodox shots like Wilder are the here and now and future.

Wilders big shots are not sloppy to me, he is creative and crafty and he is doing it on purpose. Hence the reason why he is dominating the sport, no one can touch him. if he was so bad and reckless then why is he not getting dropped ever?, its HW boxing, even the journeyman he fought are trained professional boxers and fuking hit hard

Last edited:
Wilder is that fighter that looks great hitting the pads and throws great combos and a quick jab, in sparring, but in a real fight, he's totally gun shy and doesn't throw crisp combos and doesn't touch the body, even having all that one punch Ko power and i am not talking about when he fights nobodies, when he fights nobodies, then he let's his hands go, but Wilder is Wild and sloppy and has his chin in the air to be knocked out, even when he's fighting nobodies and solid fighters and that's just how he fights.

Wild Wilder, is his knew name and Joshua is going to knock him out.
He sure seemed to let his hands go in the tenth round against a top 5 HW. I would slightly favor Joshua because he has better fundamentals (high guard, short hard shots) but Wilder has the ability to hurt anyone any time that right hand touches them. He punches through guys guards, he knocks guys out with shots to the forehead. He has the ability to hurt Joshua at any point. If Joshua goes for the KO he will have to risk being countered, if he tries to box wilder he will have to deal with avoiding those shots for 12 rounds. With all the talk of his lack of skills Wilder has become underrated. A lot of his shots look awkward b cause he is damn near seven feet tall. Tall fighters always fight differently, look at Ali and Lennox. You can’t argue with Wilders results

He'll swing at air all night long. And even then Wilder has a pretty low activity rate.

This is why I think fury of a couple of years ago would beat both wilder and Joshua, but both fights would likely be forgettable like the wlad fight. Joshua was struggling to close the distance against Wlad, and fury moves better and is far bigger. Joshua would struggle to get near him. Similar issue with Wilder but I think he'll be eating a jab for 12 rounds trying to get within range. Also I think his size is advantage is often overlooked, he is a better boxer and has an enormous size difference to both guys. Unfortunately I don't think he will ever have the motivation to win the titles back or be the same fighter

I love these conversations about fat, drug-addled inactive for years Fury, it's like he is the new Rickson Gracie...in-shape Fury beats anyone!!! Until he is in the ring again I wish people would stop talking about him as this bogeyman who frankly will never again be in the form he once had to to drugs, weight and age.

I could argue how peak Vitali would wreck Fury.

Wilder KOs Fury at his best, let alone now that he's wasted talent.

Back