Wilder; ' I Accepted $15m To Fight Joshua"

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Hallmans Budgie, Dec 5, 2018.

1. TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle

TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle Green Belt

Imagine if after everything he ended up signing with Hearn lol

2. NoBiasJustMMA

NoBiasJustMMA Gold Belt

Wilder hits harder than AJ, if Wilder can't finish Fury I don't think AJ can. After seeing Fury vs Wilder when Fury isn't even in the best shape he can be in i'm pretty confident Fury would beat AJ. Wilder being as unorthodox as he is and being 6'7" with really long arms allowed Wilder to land punches that AJ wouldn't land. AJ vs Wilder is a pick em fight but in my eyes Fury is a bad match up for AJ and would beat him.

3. RizinSon88

RizinSon88 (Silence)

It is a round robin with his size advantage and footwork Fury can outbox AJ or WIlder, or he can also be KO'ed by either guy as well his punch resistance isn't going to get better and Wilder and Joshua aren't going to grow longer arms. Wilder vs. AJ still ends in a KO for one of them.

I look forward to seeing a series of good fights at HW for once (because MMA's HW divisions are being dominated by LHW fighters atm).

Badr Hari and Jonny Ninja like this.
  4. opie

opie Black Belt

wilder will most likely ko joshua. klitschko dropped him clean. wilder would’ve hurt him for real with that shot.

5. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Brown Belt

Come on dude how can you doubt furys whiskers? Not many guys would survive wilders right hand, and in the last round after 35 mins of fighting? His chin is solid as fck
    I do agree that he beats both though. Joshua will have similar problems with trying to land on him

NoBiasJustMMA likes this.
  6. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Brown Belt

Just seems Hearn interviewed. He’s going after wilder for the unified but it could be fury if he still has no joy. Like he said the British public will demand it and it’s easily the biggest HW fight, probably since Lewis vs evander

Badr Hari likes this.
  7. nevernamed

nevernamed Purple Belt

Agree. I've seen holes in his game for the last few years, he's hittable, his defense is weak, and he relies too much on his power.

Making those excuses was aggravating to listen to. Fury was in his head from the PC's.. He was missing Fury all night long. If he was overthrowing, it was because Fury got to him, if he was just plain missing, its because Fury was awkward, but he doesn't credit him for that. He makes excuses. Then the broken hand, near the interviews end.. Just ridiculous.

Philtard and NoBiasJustMMA like this.
  8. aries

aries Silver Belt

AJ may block them on the gloves but he also employs a mean bob and weave when he wants to. He dipped under every left hook that Wlad threw at him in their fight, and Wlad threw a lot of left hooks. AJ has underrated head movement because he typically only uses it after he gets hit. Against Wilder it would be better to use it proactively but that may cause Joshua to gas earlier than normal due to the extra exertion.

purpleheart likes this.
  9. aries

aries Silver Belt

People using this argument and I've seen it a number of times seem to forget the other side of this story. Joshua punches like a jackhammer too. I bet he punches just as hard as Ortiz did when he had Deontay in trouble but unlike Ortiz he won't be too old to take advantage. Neither man can overlook the other's power.

PUO3, george-oli and Jonny Ninja like this.
  10. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Brown Belt

AJ is going to struggle to land on him but when he does he’s likeky to be in close throwing more than one shot, unlike wilder. I think he has a chance to knock him out but it ain’t going to be easy. Ever since seeing the wlad vs Joshua fight, I’d expect fury to beat Joshua more times than not, as long as he regained everything after the layoff. He certainly looks like he’s back to where he was.

If they make Joshua vs wilder next I’d love to see usyk vs fury. It’s not going to happen but it’s would be an interesting fight. I’d expect fury to win but I struggle to see how the fight plays out

purpleheart and NoBiasJustMMA like this.
  11. aries

aries Silver Belt

What's this $15 million that Wilder was offered and allegedly accepted. And if he accepted it then why didn't the fight happen? And was this before or after the bogus $50 million offer to Joshua?

I think Fury presents too many problems for Usyk. Both are movers but Fury would have such a height and reach advantage (7") as well as being the much bigger man that I think he'd be able to pick Usyk off at range as he darted about. Usyk would have real trouble closing the distance against Fury and I think he'd spend a lot of time trying to get past Fury's jab.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 2:10 PM
  12. nastyleft

nastyleft Brown Belt

Recovering doesn't mean a guy has a good chin. Getting knocked down many times in his career means he's susceptble to getting put to sleep at any time.

13. TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle

TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle Green Belt

If Fury was 6'4 with the same skillset he has now, or just a big plodding 6'9 lump with limited ability, Usyk would probably figure him out. But the combination of size AND skill would be too much to overcome I think, probably the only insurmountable challenge in the division for Usyk.

Jonny Ninja and PUO3 like this.
  14. hiphopnazi

hiphopnazi Brown Belt

You are saying AJ has more power than Wilder?

15. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Im still hopeful that happens.

16. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Brown Belt

He’s the only guy to survive that right hand. I think your being a bit harsh dude, fury has a good chin

17. FightGuyOpenMind

FightGuyOpenMind Purple Belt

He has a good chin, but watching the fight again I'm seeing what Wilder was talking about. He kept overshooting the right hand. Sometimes it's good to get a camera angle from the crowd vs the official broadcast. Fury had great head movement, making Wilder miss. The shots he did get up from, I give all the credit to Fury for. Fury was just a very elusive target the entire night.

18. FightGuyOpenMind

FightGuyOpenMind Purple Belt

I think Wilder Joshua is a better fight. Fury can box, but I don't think he can keep AJ off of him.

I think Fury was a bad style for Wilder. He made Wilder miss a lot with superior head movement.

I don't think Joshua will be able to evade like Fury did. I think Wilder can connect more with Joshua.