Wilder; ' I Accepted $15m To Fight Joshua"

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Hallmans Budgie, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Hallmans Budgie

Hallmans Budgie Orange Belt

2. CatchnShoot

CatchnShoot Black Belt

Not this bullshit again, please.

thehighking likes this.
  3. Dilan Cummingsworth

Dilan Cummingsworth Orange Belt

Lost interest in Wilder after seeing the fight. I'd rather see Fury vs Joshua

4. nastyleft

nastyleft Brown Belt

Fury boxes AJ's ears off. After seeing last Saturday, Fury is better than both if them, the only questionable is his chin. The best fight is AJ vs Wilder.

hiphopnazi, Ruv and Badr Hari like this.
  5. Congo66

Congo66 Black Belt

The major difference would be that when AJ lands on him Fury doesn't get up and if Wilder managed to get to him AJ would too.
    Fury would have a 250lb man hitting him vs a 209 lb man (that's what Wilder weighed on the night of the fight https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12...tay-wilder-weighed-less-weigh-ins-boxing-news) hitting him.

After seeing Wilder vs Fury I saw nothing to make me change my mind that AJ is the best HW in the world and beats both of them.

6. Dilan Cummingsworth

I'd watch both but honestly thought Wilder would do better against Fury and I think that AJ would beat him by out boxing him as well

7. nastyleft

nastyleft Brown Belt

AJ's boxing is rudimentary.

8. Dilan Cummingsworth

I think AJ beats Fury if they fight because if Wilder was able to land then AJ will too

9. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

I dont think Fury’s chin can be questioned. Ever.

He may get dropped, but the fucker keeps getting back up. Unreal recovery.

stinkynecklace, Ruv and Philtard like this.
  10. Hagler

Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Things are really hard to predict IMO, that being said I think Fury decisions Wilder in a rematch, AJ spends too much time at range against Wilder and pays the price, and AJ has a better chance than Wilder to slow down Fury and rough him up - I'm not talking about a stoppage, since Fury can't get KOed.

11. RDL81

RDL81 Orange Belt

He has a good chin for sure and he recovered from the knock downs quick. One thing I would say though is that he didn't take that many shots during the fight other than the knockdowns. That's wilder style look for the big bombs. You can easily see AJ landing more shots over the course of a fight so question is would fury stand up to taking more volume of hard shots

thehighking and Minowafanatic like this.
  12. aries

aries Silver Belt

That's a very good point. AJ is more proficient with his combination punching and that's the only way you can land with decent success on Fury. 1-2 punches just don't do it, they are too easy for Fury to avoid. If AJ was smart he'd aim for the body, because while Fury's head moves a lot his body is a pretty big and a relatively static target. What concerns me is that AJ doesn't have the fastest feet and he could find closing range with Fury quite difficult. Parker was able to keep him at bay with a quite negative effort but he showed that if you don't want to engage with AJ you can keep away from him.

hiphopnazi and thehighking like this.
  13. The Penetrator

The Penetrator Green Belt

AJ vs Fury would be a fun fight, i slightly favour AJ in there...

As with AJ vs WIlder, i belive Joshua would punch a hole through Wilders head.

thehighking likes this.
  14. thehighking

thehighking Brown Belt

Wilder lost so let Fury fight Joshua now I want to find out who's the best heavyweight in the world

15. TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle

TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle Green Belt

Fury/Wilder 2 - if Wilder couldnt keep him down the first time I dont see why he could when Fury is even sharper and in better shape. Fury is difficult to finish off once he gets back to his feet because he recovers so quickly and knows how to defend effectively. Plus psychologically hes has now faced the "once Wilder lands flush its over" scenario and survived, so the mystique of Wilders power is gone, while Wilders psyche is probably negatively effected now. Hard to say how Wilder will approach things next time, he might be more tentative, which would probably lead to Fury doing a Wlad on him, but swinging for the fences isnt likely to be effective either.

AJ/Fury - Uphill struggle for AJ. Joshua will probably be better at cornering Fury than Wilder and better on the inside so his best option is probably to go to the body hard to try and slow Fury down, if he can do that effectively without his stamina failing him then maybe he can land enough to snatch a close decision. I dont think he has much chance of stopping Fury after last weekend and without a great, well executed gameplan and his gas tank holding up hes not going to outpoint Fury over 12 rounds.

AJ/Wilder - Two big punchers who are very hittable and have been rocked several times. But Joshua is the better boxer so i'd favour him. His punches are tighter, more compact and less telegraphed than Wilders and hes better at putting them together. Wilder can be relatively composed at times when he stays on the outside and uses his jab and right down the pipe, which could work against Joshua who is not too mobile or quick, but then other times he loses his cool and gets far too sloppy. A lot of the stuff Wilder was throwing against Fury he would almost certainly pay dearly for against Joshua. He was repeatedly spamming a cross/left hook combo over and over and the hook was so sloppily thrown most of the time that it left a massive window of opportunity to be countered. That said, Wilders power is the ultimate game changer so you just never know, if he landed that shot on AJ instead of Fury, he wins the fight. And again, Joshuas stamina is not the best, if the fight goes past the midway point the odds slowly start to turn in Wilders favour imo.

HW division is alive!!!

16. purpleheart

purpleheart Green Belt

Like your enthusiasm. Agree with you for the big portion.

However in AJ vs Wilder i think youre underestimating what fury did; slip a lot of punches. Deontay threw bombs in almost every round. AJ will block those and take them on the guard. This will wear him down very quick. He better get the clean counter in quick or else hes in trouble. Weve seen Deontay smash opponents guard open and finishing it.

NoBiasJustMMA likes this.
  17. nevernamed

nevernamed Purple Belt

After hearing Wilder on at the fights on SXM the other day, i'm not interested in seeing him fight Guy had a million excuses. He claims he broke his hand before camp, he was off his game, but not because of Fury's movement, or that he was in his head, he was just off and oculdn't do it. then he blamed the event, the crowd, the magnitude of the thing.. the broken hand was the last excuse he brought up. Just unbelievable.

NoBiasJustMMA and Philtard like this.
  18. Philtard

Philtard Black Belt

Yep. Man is not endearing himself to the public and isn't being humble. He's not coming off good imo.

NoBiasJustMMA likes this.
  19. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Seems that Wilder, about a year ago, started playing the villain thing up. Id imagine its to draw up interest and dollar bills, which has worked. Id prefer he just be himself, but its not my career and bank account on the line either.

Hopefully he gets on with some proper management and PR.

Philtard likes this.
  20. Boxer

Boxer Brown Belt

It is indeed.

As a great man once said "Are you not entertained!!"

PUO3 likes this.