Wilder Accepts New AJ Offer, Ball Now in AJ's Court to Send Contract

BombSquadGIF.gif

This fight is gonna be awesome. Even if Joshua turns out to be substantially better than Wilder, that just means we get a highlight reel KO. The possibility is there for this to be a classic though, and the crowd and intros should be some of the more dramatic in recent memory.

MAN, I HOPE THEY SIGN ASAP!!

My body is ready.

What do you guys think the odds will come in at? I’m sure some have been posted but I’m a lazy bum.

For a casual who's only seen Wilder's last two fights and AJs last two fights, will AJ be a decent if not substantial favorite?

For a casual who's only seen Wilder's last two fights and AJs last two fights, will AJ be a decent if not substantial favorite?

Going by books which currently have the odds, Joshua is the favourite, but the best odds on Wilder are still less than 2 to 1.

Going by books which currently have the odds, Joshua is the favourite, but the best odds on Wilder are still less than 2 to 1.

Thanks.

So Wilder is somewhere near +200/250 while AJ is near -200?

Thats pretty close to a pick em, but I thought AJ was viewed as a more complete and better overall boxer? Is Wilders power keeping the odds closer?

Thanks.

Thats pretty close to a pick em, but I thought AJ was viewed as a more complete and better overall boxer? Is Wilders power keeping the odds closer?
I think the Ortiz fight helped Wilders stock go up a lot.

Thanks.

The best odds on Wilder are under +200 (+187 or 15/8 is the best I've seen for Wilder) and the best I've seen for Joshua are -175 (4/7). The lines should see a fair amount of movement after the fight is confirmed (a lot more money will come in on Joshua, I'd guess, giving Wilder longer odds).

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/anthony-joshua-v-deontay-wilder/winner

The best odds on Wilder are under +200 (+187 or 15/8 is the best I've seen for Wilder) and the best I've seen for Joshua are -175 (4/7).

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/anthony-joshua-v-deontay-wilder/winner

Thanks. Do you attribute the closer odds to Wilders win over Ortiz where he looked very good?
like I said, I won't pretend to have any real idea about these two guys, I've only seen four of their fights. I know Joshua won a gold medal and is undefeated with big time power, long reach and a smooth style and has finished all but one fight by KO while Wilder won a bronze medal and has never lost. He also has crazy KO power and has won far more fights than AJ.

Is Eric Molina the only common opponent? I watched Joshua starch him in four? maybe three rounds and Wilder also KOd him.

Thanks. Do you attribute the closer odds to Wilders win over Ortiz where he looked very good?
like I said, I won't pretend to have any real idea about these two guys, I've only seen four of their fights. I know Joshua won a gold medal and is undefeated with big time power, long reach and a smooth style and has finished all but one fight by KO while Wilder won a bronze medal and has never lost. He also has crazy KO power and has won far more fights than AJ.

Is Eric Molina the only common opponent? I watched Joshua starch him in four? maybe three rounds and Wilder also KOd him.

Ortiz was Wilder's big step up fight, and even if he did struggle with Ortiz's boxing ability (the fact he was a southpaw played into things, as well), he did come through and showed that he is genuinely durable and that he has very good stamina for a HW. It's the durability, stamina, and heart that he showed which convinced a lot of people that he is a genuine threat to Joshua because everyone already knew that he had massive power in both hands. I see it as pretty close to a 50/50 fight at this point.

lets wait until Joshua gets a chance to respond before calling him a pu$$y

Pretty impressed these two sides got this done so fast. We're so used to docuhe bags like FMJ, Arum, and Oscar, delaying, delaying, and delaying. Respect!!

Can't wait for it
<{cuts}><{JustBleed}>
I don't care who wins haven't been this excited since AJ v klitschko.

That's some guaranteed, serious flesh penetration right here.

He's accepted the offer to have the fight in the U.K. I can see Hearn now offer a pathetic amour of money to ensure this fight doesn't happen. I hope I'm wrong

I liked the bit where finkle said
Even though he stands to earn less than he could in America, he still wants this fight for his legacy

Haha, no, he wants and is begging for this fight cos Joshua is the only one who.can earn him money and if he loses before hand, he's fucked.

Happy days though, we're on.

Last edited:
Well well what a surprise. The fights happening but the fella with the belts and the fans gets to call the shots. Which was always going to be the case

Said ages ago that the discussions would be an issue because there was no parity, meaning wilders team would have to make all of the concessions. Hearn and Joshua hold all of the cards and wilder probably has little motivation to fight brezealle for peanuts compared to this fight. Well played to all parties of it does now get agreed. I had little doubt this would be the next fight.

I know I only just posted but I am slightly concerned this fight is gonna be a bore....
The fact that AJ is the better technical boxer, has been fighting somewhat more cautiously of late AND was so determined to have it in England - tells me he may be looking to exploit Wilders lack of skill, stay out of range from his power and win via decision.

I know I only just posted but I am slightly concerned this fight is gonna be a bore....
The fact that AJ is the better technical boxer, has been fighting somewhat more cautiously of late AND was so determined to have it in England - tells me he may be looking to exploit Wilders lack of skill, stay out of range from his power and win via decision.

I dont see it being boring but I fully expect Joshua to be cautious. A fire fight potentially plays in to wilders hands. That said this won’t go to the cards

Back