Wikileaks Emails Show Clinton Insiders “Conspired to Produce an Unaware and Compliant Citizenry”

I have to say, I really have not seen the kinds of issues at universities here in Utah that are often reported at other schools around the country. Other than perhaps some mild support for LGBT acceptance (which I don't have any real problem with, I'm fine to accept them as long as they don't try to push a bunch of bullshit on me), as a student at the University of Utah I have not really run into any of the crazy left-wing extremist stuff that seems to be going on elsewhere. Thankfully.

Though when I said we need to figure something out with education, I was referring to cost. It's too goddamn expensive. Student loan debt is out of control and paying out of pocket is just not a reasonable expectation for many students.
If it's too expensive, go to a trade school. The problem is telling every student they need to go to university, some aren't intellectually fit for it. Another problem is subsudizing bullshit degrees that won't lead to a job, and the students will never able to pay off their loan. I feel like the market will sort it out in a way. If someone can demonstrate they are competent in a field through self study and an internship, it will be cheaper to hire that person than someone who demands a higher salary to pay off their debt.

Have you seen what administrators make? Many break 7 figures. It's fucking insane.

One question I ask myself is where the real problem lies: Is it with the people or with the system itself? Because it seems like any person who gets involved with the system ends up playing by its rules. I'm not sure that Ron Paul would be any exception.
Ron Paul was a congressman for over 20 years and one of his biggest criticisms is that he "didn't accomplish anything". Meanwhile he was the only guy saying no to most of the bullshit.

But I agree, you have to be really firm in your beliefs to withstand the pressure. Having a real career like Ron Paul (medical doctor) allowed him to not be dependent on politics to feed his family.

Never really kept up with the Libertarian party. I prefer to look at him as a true conservative. The other Republicans, generally speaking, are political hacks that just pander to issues relating to military, guns, religion and abortion. They have no backbone in anything.
Yeah, the problem is Republicans don't conserve anything. Pretty much all a bunch of neocons that are exactly like liberals, only running on ideas that are 10 years behind what the democrat is pushing but feel more strongly about Israel.

Paul was great, a pure constitutionalist.

If it's too expensive, go to a trade school. The problem is telling every student they need to go to university, some aren't intellectually fit for it. Another problem is subsudizing bullshit degrees that won't lead to a job, and the students will never able to pay off their loan. I feel like the market will sort it out in a way. If someone can demonstrate they are competent in a field through self study and an internship, it will be cheaper to hire that person than someone who demands a higher salary to pay off their debt.

Have you seen what administrators make? Many break 7 figures. It's fucking insane.

Here's the funny thing, I did go to a trade school (my first time around, I'm back in school now in an on-again-off-again capacity). Cost me $25,000 for a two-year degree. Trade schools are fucking expensive, and besides, not everyone wants to learn a "trade."

I generally think of myself as being on the right, but I realize that education and healthcare are two areas that we need to figure out. While the answers coming from the left may not be the correct ones, I'm not sure the answers coming from the right are either.

And yeah, school administrators get paid a shitload. The President of a university? He's making bank. Imagine how much the President of Harvard is making. Jesus Christ.

Ron Paul was a congressman for over 20 years and one of his biggest criticisms is that he "didn't accomplish anything". Meanwhile he was the only guy saying no to most of the bullshit.

But I agree, you have to be really firm in your beliefs to withstand the pressure. Having a real career like Ron Paul (medical doctor) allowed him to not be dependent on politics to feed his family.

It seems then that the inference here is that it's the system that's the problem. Within the current system, someone like Paul simply cannot be successful. It presents too many roadblocks to effecting change for a politician like him.

Here's the funny thing, I did go to a trade school (my first time around, I'm back in school now in an on-again-off-again capacity). Cost me $25,000 for a two-year degree. Trade schools are fucking expensive, and besides, not everyone wants to learn a "trade."

I generally think of myself as being on the right, but I realize that education and healthcare are two areas that we need to figure out. While the answers coming from the left may not be the correct ones, I'm not sure the answers coming from the right are either.

And yeah, school administrators get paid a shitload. The President of a university? He's making bank. Imagine how much the President of Harvard is making. Jesus Christ.
WTF? Dude, I came out of university for not much more than that!

Why was it so expensive? Community colleges around here are like 1k a semester in-state tuition.

What trade did you learn? Did you try to get a job with someone in that trade and learn it while getting paid?

I worked as a house painter, and electricians, plumbers, carpenters and other contractors lobbied me to work for them. I could have learned the job while being paid...............

WTF? Dude, I came out of university for not much more than that!

Why was it so expensive? Community colleges around here are like 1k a semester in-state tuition.

Well, most actual "trade schools" or "tech schools" are private institutions, which was the case here. It was a terrible decision though. I was young and kind of got pushed into it by my dad. It's one of those things where if I could go back and make a different decision, I definitely would make a VERY different decision.

You bring up a good point about community colleges though. Around here you can take a full course load for about $1500 per semester. I'm okay with that. I think that's reasonable. What sucks is that once you make the jump from the community college to the university, your tuition suddenly jumps up to about $4500 per semester.

What we need to do is figure out how to offer four years of education at a consistent $1500 per semester. I don't see any reason why it can't be done. The quality of courses I was taking at the community college was just as high as the quality of courses I've taken at the university. The main difference is that there are nicer campus resources at the university.

However, while those improved resources are nice, I'm sure a lot of students would be more than willing to accept community college-level campus amenities for all four years in exchange for cheaper tuition.

Yeah, the problem is Republicans don't conserve anything. Pretty much all a bunch of neocons that are exactly like liberals, only running on ideas that are 10 years behind what the democrat is pushing but feel more strongly about Israel.

Paul was great, a pure constitutionalist.
Yup. Foreign policy and government spending should always be primary issues, but the battle ground for politics somehow ends up being about bullshit...like the whole bathroom debate. Just a total distraction, regardless of what your take is on it, imo.

What trade did you learn? Did you try to get a job with someone in that trade and learn it while getting paid?

I worked as a house painter, and electricians, plumbers, carpenters and other contractors lobbied me to work for them. I could have learned the job while being paid...............

I got a degree in computer networking, so "trade" may not be the right word. But I attended a technical college.

Really though, I just ended up spending $25K to realize that working in the computer industry is not something that I actually want to do.

The whole thing has just been a disaster, honestly.

But then you have to become a Freemason to continue in the trade.
You will comply one way or another.

Leftists love that Orwellian shit. The are truly fucking evil if you give them power.

Its pretty obvious this is how the career politician, "the elite" view your average, everyday man/woman but to actually see it in writing is pretty disconcerting.

edit; that goes for whether you're left, right, centre, up, down, all around you can bet the house that they all see us this way

Turds like this feel superior because they are unaware and compliant.

Sad, funny or both?
4wInAQy.gif

Back