Wicked Pic from 165

Sheesh, that was a nasty shot. Looked like one of Rocky Marciano's old black & whites, with the facial contortions.

Jon Jones, demolishes top-tier fighters with hail mary spinning attacks, because that's all he has..

Please, do better, not worse..

Yes, it is. His opponents usually just stand still the entire fight. Jones has no boxing skills.

I've been following MMA longer than I have had a Sherdog account. You didn't watch that fight and it's evident. You're a posturing nincompoop and continually have to save face and get the last word in, you're pathetic. Your reg date doesn't give you IQ points, though you desperately need them.

Agreed. I have never understood how people can equate the number of post counts or account registration dates with intelligence or fight knowledge in general? An ignorant idiot is not just as capable of posting complete nonsense both early and often?

There's nothing wrong with charging out of an attempted takedown where a grappler (like Jones) is desperately trying to take you (Gus) down, dude was literally on his knees at that. THAT is even more embarrassing. :icon_lol: Oh, since you're such a Gus hater, enjoy Jones running away like a bat out of hell against Rampage...

10.gif

And these...

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8bdeaa970c-900wi

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8c6b20970d-900wi

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8bb6fd970b-900wi

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8bb821970b-900wi

LMAO

I have absolutely zero problem with Gus trying to avoid the TD's the way he did. I was merely proving a point.

Yes, it is. His opponents usually just stand still the entire fight. Jones has no boxing skills.

..and this is where we part ways due to extremely obvious delusion/trolling. Later, kiddeaux..

He was gassing early in the fourth, and you didn't notice this? Also, why do people keep saying Gus won 4 minutes of a round when it's completely irrelevant?

See: reaching

I'll tell you a secret. Its relevant because judges score each round not only on the last 45 seconds. Crazy, isn't it??

I'll tell you a secret. Its relevant because judges score each round not only on the last 45 seconds. Crazy, isn't it??

Exactly. That's why Jon won the round. There is absolutely zero relevance to Gus slightly edging out the first four minutes of the round because judges score the whole round. It was a close round that ended with a clear winner. It's pretty cut and dry really..

That guy turned and sprinted away from his opponent, which is much more similar to what Gus did (multiple times) than it is to Condit's Diaz strategy of lateral movement against a slow, plodding puncher.

Condit ran a little in my opinion, but fair to point out many folks over generalizing a few instances vs good footwork/movement against a more static Diaz.

Nick is a triathlete and could have chased down Carlos. I fault both for evasiveness. While Carlos danced some he also landed more and Nick did not cut him off. Carlos eeked out the win with clever strategy.

Did not see what Gus did yet. Do not like running but it is legal and understand sometimes wise to reset position.

K. Starnes should have been a TKO for ridiculous running away.

I'm saying you're trying to make yourself feel better by reaching for excuses as to why Gus didn't win.

Gus was noticeably gassed in the fourth and fifth rounds, and Jones picked up the pace because he knew/thought he was down on the scorecards. Had Gus not gassed, he would have had a very good chance to beat Jones. He did, so he lost. That's not the judges' fault.

No, he wasn't "gassed" in the 4th... he got rocked off his gourd in the 4th, which zaps any cardio you have. It was over with from that point. He never recovered. Think about it... barely got hit with any shots that could hurt him... most of the head kicks were all arm... but in the 4th.. BAM... and the 5th was totally zapped.

Those shots really fucked him up. Anyone here who has some fights under their belt and has been very hurt in a fight and continued on can confirm that. When you are concussed, you are dazed and confused and tired.

Steve Russel, whoever you are, you are one bad MF sir. That dude went deep.

No, he wasn't "gassed" in the 4th... he got rocked off his gourd in the 4th, which zaps any cardio you have. It was over with from that point. He never recovered. Think about it... barely got hit with any shots that could hurt him... most of the head kicks were all arm... but in the 4th.. BAM... and the 5th was totally zapped.

Those shots really fucked him up. Anyone here who has some fights under their belt and has been very hurt in a fight and continued on can confirm that. When you are concussed, you are dazed and confused and tired.

He was gassing at the beginning of the round. I'm sorry that you didn't notice..

There's nothing wrong with charging out of an attempted takedown where a grappler (like Jones) is desperately trying to take you (Gus) down, dude was literally on his knees at that. THAT is even more embarrassing. :icon_lol: Oh, since you're such a Gus hater, enjoy Jones running away like a bat out of hell against Rampage...

10.gif

And these...

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8bdeaa970c-900wi

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8c6b20970d-900wi

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8bb6fd970b-900wi

LMAO

End of the God damn thread.

Back