Why You Guys Always Talking About Old Fighters?

There are a few. Time to market them to the casuals... Ratings might be down. But now is the time to push them. Ortega vs Edgar is a good start.

Ehh.

Beat up Yair pretty damn good, but other than him and tippy toes Penn, I agree.

torngrotesqueindianelephant.gif

Frankie%2BEdgar%2BNeck%2BCranks%2BCub%2BSwanson%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B57%2BAustin.gif

EdgarKOsMaynard.gif

EdgarVeach10_medium.gif

ortega got me as a fan for life. i want him to retire undefeated. or as close to that as possible. really hoping he can get this fight done!

Is it because after being caught cheating he was honest about being a cheater as opposed to every other cheater who lies about their cheating (looking at you, Jon Jones...and every other cheater except for Thiago Silva)

Is it because after being caught cheating he was honest about being a cheater as opposed to every other cheater who lies about their cheating (looking at you, Jon Jones...and every other cheater except for Thiago Silva)
I tend to actually be pro steroids in ufc so him popping was not a deterrent if I would like him or not. And bj and Vitor are two of my fav fighters and they come from opposite sides re steroids.

But him being open and humble and honest with that bust did add to his appeal. His fight style and personality is what sold me on him. Absolute killer in the cage, always going for the finish no matter what. He is down to earth and i just found him really likeable and he is probably one of my fav current fighters on par with Romero.

BRandon Vera future double champ.

but what was his prior occupation?
Mark-Kerr-Greg-Stott-bonus-tidbit.gif

-strong listening skills
-no known food allergies

I like how he's characterized as "Extremely Aggressive" like he's some sort of failed experiment.

ortega got me as a fan for life. i want him to retire undefeated. or as close to that as possible. really hoping he can get this fight done!

I'm hoping he joins this list of people: Mark Bocek, Tyson Griffin, Jim Miller, Matt Veach, and Gray Maynard.

All were undefeated before fighting Frankie. Can't wait for this fight.

I got some "not old" fighters who you would be interested in, they are all stars and will dominate for years to come.

Jon Hess
Cal Worsham
Andre Roberts
Larry Cureton
Paul Varelans
Andy Anderson

Some good talent to look out for TS

Inspire me...who is a young dude with fighting skills, and star quality?
I think nostalgia plays a big part of it, and the fact that there are way more fighters now than earlier on. Back when the UFC was LW to HW only and the roster was maybe 100 to 150 guys, you would only see relatively stacked cards where you knew all the fighters for the most part. There were prelims, but you only got those fights on VHS or they were recorded and shown between main bouts, if they were good. PPV ran 3 hours, not 6. Guys fought 3 or 4 times a year and the rankings meant something.

I'm hoping he joins this list of people: Mark Bocek, Tyson Griffin, Jim Miller, Matt Veach, and Gray Maynard.

All were undefeated before fighting Frankie. Can't wait for this fight.
saw Frankie against Griffin, the first time i saw Edgar. was a fan ever since. Hated rooting against Maynard, because my family is good friends with his uncle, but the first 2 were great.

Erick Silva

are we still making this joke?
The only joke is in the next 5 to 10 yrs when E Silva (aka The REAL SILVA) matures a bit and hits his stride to start WRECKING SHIT!!! Remember, by that time he will just be hitting his fighting prime as far as age is concerned. Plus the guy has taken so little damage, he's virtually a zygote fighting in the Octagon<seedat>

Give the guy a little bit of time, Fuck....

I know, I know.....I keep saying I am done, but it is just too tempting.

Eric Silva: Sherdog's "forbidden fruit."

Back