Why would GSP vacate his title one win shy of Anderson's record?

MikeyLan

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Seems completely idiotic and unambitious to me. For a guy so "obssessed" with his legacy and whatnot.... just odd.

Is he really that scared of Hendricks that he doesn't care about the UFC record for most consecutive title defenses, the most prestigious UFC record?

It's kinda strange that Anderson lost one win shy of tying Fedor's win-loss record.
And now GSP retires one win why of tying Anderson's consecutive UFC title defenses record.

Is this some higher power's way of telling us that...
1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. GSP

???

He had stuff to do that was more important than a record that 0.1% of fans care about.

Seems completely idiotic and unambitious to me. For a guy so "obssessed" with his legacy and whatnot.... just odd.

Is he really that scared of Hendricks that he doesn't care about the UFC record for most consecutive title defenses, the most prestigious UFC record?
Easy for you to say on the sidelines, junior. And for good measure, Barry Sanders also thinks you're a moron.

Why did Anderson Silva get himself knocked out? It seems these guys lose motivation after being on top for so long.

I guess you don't understand how motivation and passion work. If you're sticking around fighting without either of them you're not going to have a good time. Different people have different motivations, just because you think one way doesn't mean someone else will.

his next fight was a rematch with Hendricks. He was not going to break that record anyway and he knew it.

I guess you don't understand how motivation and passion work. If you're sticking around fighting without either of them you're not going to have a good time. Different people have different motivations, just because you think one way doesn't mean someone else will.

I think it's plausible that GSP didn't even realize he was one win away from the record.

Had he known, he would've probably been motivated to win again.

Or maybe he just badly wants to avoid Hendricks. Maybe he's praying Lawler catches him with a KO punch so he can come back and beat Lawler.

I'm sure he couldn't care less.

He's won more fights, won more title fights, and has been far, far more dominant against better competition.

It's kinda strange that Anderson lost one win shy of tying Fedor's win-loss record.
And now GSP retires one win why of tying Anderson's consecutive UFC title defenses record.

1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. GSP

???
Man I don't get it GSP fights people say he's boring GSP retires people say he's scared he just can't win.

Yeah, it's so odd for a guy that was talking about retirement/taking a break before the fight.

/Sarcasm

1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. GSP

???

Well, then it automatically validates GSP's reasoning and must mean he's really not up to it mentally, for the time being. Just falling short of a record is quite common though. There's more and more pressure the closer you get to the record. It also shows how hard it is to win any fight at the level these guys operate. Every title fight is a milestone or should be considered as such. However, most consecutive title defences is probably not the most prestigious UFC record. Most title defences in total is imo more important and GSP can still do that.

Yes, GSP is an idiot for caring more about himself than what moronic fans will think about the accomplishments segment on his Wikipedia page.

He's just that gracious and wanted to keep Anderson in the GOAT discussion.

Back