Why would anybody pay 3-400 dollars to do this training?

Do you know if wrestling at an MMA club is easier on the body? Pure wrestling clubs are too rough for a 29 year old. This BJJ stuff is too methodogical for my taste. Especially with no TDs.

Not all schools are the same. Pretty much every school I've trained at taught take downs. At the school I'm at now, we start on the feet.

You never train takedowns at your BJJ schools? I think a refund is in place.

I think you misread my post. I said every single school I’ve been to has taught take downs. Lmao.

And what's wrong with that? Who doesn't seek to be special?

It's the difference between someone who seeks to be special and someone who can work at being special.

The latter person is someone who can do great things, the former person is someone who will take the paths of least resistance, to trick, hack, or bamboozle people into believing they are virtuous, and hence, subvert actual virtue.

I think you misread my post. I said every single school I’ve been to has taught take downs. Lmao.

Yeah I read it the opposite, that you start sitting. I'm so used to modern BJJ teaching takedowns as once a month side activities"

How can you have an opinion what BJJ schools should teach if you have never even trained it?

For the simple reason that the sport starts standing. No school can neglect that fact and thus need to incorporate some drills in takedowns.

Last edited:
For the simple reason that the sport starts standing. No school can neglecting that fact and thus need to incorporate some drills in takedowns.

In the lighter weigh class at the high level everybody pulls guard anyway. Setting up takedowns from standing for a rooster weight is useless.

In the lighter weigh class at the high level everybody pulls guard anyway. Setting up takedowns from standing for a rooster weight is useless.

I don't think training is based on a particular weight class. There are plenty of TD's in elite BJJ sport. And the guys I know who train BJJ have all said TD's are part of the curriculum.

For instance Garcia-Kron Gracie had a nice TD

And the guys I know who train BJJ have all said TD's are part of the curriculum.

Depends on the curriculum. Forcing competition oriented rooster weights to train judo throws would be IMHO a complete waste of times.

I really want to learn BJJ. Even willing to be bored in the process. But, 300 dollars for 6 months. What if I never get the hang of it and just roll around with another man attached to me for 6 months.

Wait you were complaining about $300 for 6 months of unlimited classes?

That's a solid deal. That isn't expensive at all.

So are you poor, scared, or just lazy?

300$ for 6 months in a legit gym is gold. That's the best part of OP's troll post indeed.

Back