Why would anybody pay 3-400 dollars to do this training?

you sound poor, bruv. work on that issue first.
Typical cheapskate eurotrash. Take him to a restaurant and watch his head explode when he finds out he has to tip.

I really want to learn BJJ. Even willing to be bored in the process. But, 300 dollars for 6 months. What if I never get the hang of it and just roll around with another man attached to me for 6 months.
You will probably only just start to get the hang of it after 6 months. You have to commit. And that's 50 bucks a month don't you whine. That's a good deal.

You're gonna jump straigth to the back??? or you imagine that people will just give you their back.

I don't know in what fantasy land you live but, doing BJJ for the first time against someone who as some experience is a shitty business, everybody needs to get through their ass beating when they start

What's funny about it, it's how you put yourself above the common blue belt, we talk about people who have been training for over a year in something that if you don't train and spar, there's no way to get good at.
I give noobs my back.

Alright guys, I have decided to take a free trial session in a BJJ club.

I'm gonna ask the instructor to tell me the basics and see if I can submit a blue belt.

If I can submit the random blue belt by the end of class, I will start training BJJ.

Good luck tbone!

Alright guys, I have decided to take a free trial session in a BJJ club.

I'm gonna ask the instructor to tell me the basics and see if I can submit a blue belt.

If I can submit the random blue belt by the end of class, I will start training BJJ.

That seems precisely backwards; if you can't do anything to a journeyman, that would prove that there is something there to learn.

It seems to me like you're only in things to get validation; a supremely dysfunctional mode of thought (as we have seen).

Work on the RNC, guillotine, and arm triangle. Those are basic chokes you can cycle through depending upon your position.

I believe 100% I can pull it off with a little bit of persistance and coaching to avoid pit falls,

That seems precisely backwards; if you can't do anything to a journeyman, that would prove that there is something there to learn.

It seems to me like you're only in things to get validation; a supremely dysfunctional mode of thought (as we have seen).

You don't get it. Going through different combat system stems exactly from curiousity in whether or not I have potential, even talent in them. I am one of those guys who can't stand being an average bloke at something and just get my ass handed to the god gifted folks. I am super competitive. I just need a little confirmation and then I'm ready to dig deep

I believe 100% I can pull it off with a little bit of persistance and coaching to avoid pit falls,
It's hard to be completely prepared for the numerous ways it can be defended though. Taking the back is really hard just so you know. But you're right, if you give it enough time you can do it. It's my go to sub.

If you mange to tap a blue belt on your first day it's because he either let you do or because you had the luck to face some insanely untalented guy who got his pity blue belt by training long enough without learning anything.

If you mange to tap a blue belt on your first day it's because he either let you do or because you had the luck to face some insanely untalented guy who got his pity blue belt by training long enough without learning anything.

What does it take to tap out an untalented blue belt? There's endless tips I can prep myself with online.

Here's some very common sense tips that even I can grasp on some level.

You don't get it. Going through different combat system stems exactly from curiousity in whether or not I have potential, even talent in them. I am one of those guys who can't stand being an average bloke at something and just get my ass handed to the god gifted folks. I am super competitive. I just need a little confirmation and then I'm ready to dig deep

It fits here, but it applies to pretty much anything you post really.

Going through different combat system stems exactly from curiousity in whether or not I have potential, even talent in them. I am one of those guys who can't stand being an average bloke at something and just get my ass handed to the god gifted folks.

So, exactly as i said.

I don't know if there is trolling involved here but from personal experience i can say that even a couple of months of training can make a difference. I started grappling only 2-3 months ago and there are guys that started 6-7 months before me that can easily deal with me. I present some problems for them but i can feel it in their movement that they know what they are doing. When rolling with blues or purples the best i can hope for is not getting submitted if i go 100% defense mode :D

I don't know if there is trolling involved here but from personal experience i can say that even a couple of months of training can make a difference. I started grappling only 2-3 months ago and there are guys that started 6-7 months before me that can easily deal with me. I present some problems for them but i can feel it in their movement that they know what they are doing. When rolling with blues or purples the best i can hope for is not getting submitted if i go 100% defense mode :D

So all jujitsu guys are born the same?

Back