Cheick Kongo
27-10
I know he's boring nowadays but..

IMG_20171120_221431.png

(Volkov is 3-0 in the UFC, just sayin')

Why put 4 LHW instead ?
More star Power ?!?

Discuss

I'm really curious why too, I imagine they couldn't/didn't want to do it for some reason. If not Bellator straight screwed them.

I'm really curious why too, I imagine they couldn't/didn't want to do it for some reason. If not Bellator straight screwed them.
I guess they could just make Bobby Vs Kongo now ...

Would watch

Because in Lashley's case there is actual competition here and not cans to crush

Kongo, who knows? You'd think he'd wanna avenge his losses to Mir and Roy, but you got me. He'll probably fight the winner of the tournament

Because in Lashley's case there is actual competition here and not cans to crush

Kongo, who knows? You'd think he'd wanna avenge his losses to Mir and Roy, but you got me. He'll probably fight the winner of the tournament

Good chance 1/8 get injured tho, might see one of the 2 anyway

Or Tito lol

Remember they need replacement fighters for injuries.

What about Wren, Fortune, Kharitonov, or even Jack Hager?

I wonder if any of them are alternates in case of injury/PEDs test failures.

After all, Cormier won the Strikeforce tournament as an alternate.

I'll give you Kongo, but Lashley ain't beating any of the 8 they picked. I like Lashley, but his opponents have been hand picked, to say the least. Plus he's more into the Pro Wrestling thing to properly train for these guys.

Kongo had the opportunity to join but then had flashbacks when he saw who else was participating:
UFC.159.Roy.Nelson.vs.Cheick.Kongo.400-sg.gif

.frank-mir-vs-kongo-ufc-107_m.jpg

Last edited:

I thought for sure kharitonov was going to be in there.. was wrong

I'd definitely go with Sergei, maybe Fortune. I think Wren's style is too fan unfriendly to really be any kind of a draw. I like the guy, but he's probably not hanging with most of these fellas. I think Hager is at least 2-3 years away from any meaningful fights. I could be wrong based on his wrestling pedigree but he's simply unproven now.

1) Lashley is a bum who doesn't fight legit competition

2) Kongo is boring asf nowadays, it would hurt Bellator having him beating Fedor, Rampage etc by wrestlefuck

3) Kharitonov it's making real cash at Russia and doesn't seem to care about Bellator

This heavyweight "tournament" is a joke. Call it an open weight tourny at least
Openweight is forbidden as far as i know in USA, that's why it's "HW tournament", just pretend like it's openweight..

They are scared of Bloated Chael.

Bloated Chael is a thing you guys.

I thought Justin Wren should of been in the tournament too. I have been a pretty big supporter of Bellator especially since 2012 but I really don't like the way they're promoting their company at the moment. I don't like fighters constantly changing weight divisions it doesn't make sense to me. I'm really starting to get sick of the random 'big name' match ups just for ratings it means nothing in terms of rankings or championships and is just short term or instant success rather than building new talent and depth for the future. Chael Sonnen fighting in a heavyweight tournament? He got man handled by Tito at 205... Bader should be fighting King Mo at light heavyweight...

Back