Why the outrage over Gays in Chechnya? I thought West wanted it.

Rusk

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
If i remember correctly the West wanted Chechnya to be free and self-governed, and well it is now :D

Yet the Western governments are still not happy now Merkel actually want for Putin to influence Chechnya.

It is an islamic country what did the West thought it was gonna happen to human-rights and gays there???

Because the West can use it as guilt by association (Russia).

Normally, the West mainly focus on gay rights in Uganda and Russia (Christian majorities), while turning a blind eye to how homosexuals are treated in Muslim countries.

If i remember correctly the West wanted Chechnya to be free and self-governed, and well it is now :D

Yet the Western governments are still not happy now Merkel actually want for Putin to influence Chechnya.

It is an islamic country what did the West thought it was gonna happen to human-rights and gays there???

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no such thing as gay concentration camps in other Russian Muslim republics (Tatarstan, Bashkirya, Dagestan, Ingushetia, for example).

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no such thing as gay concentration camps in other Russian Muslim republics (Tatarstan, Bashkirya, Dagestan, Ingushetia, for example).

They dont have the same autonomy as Chechnya. Gays would be heavily discriminated in those "countries" if they did.

Let them be free to do what WE want!

I like that video. It didn't even include a response from Putin.

Not that we needed a response.

They dont have the same autonomy as Chechnya. Gays would be heavily discriminated in those "countries" if they did.
You think Chechnya have more autunomy than Tatarstan? I'm afraid it's not true.
About other republics https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Султанова,_Гюльнара_Юрьевна LGBT activist, I think she is of Tatar or Bashkir descent. There were story some time ago that Dagestani guy married Russian guy (Dagestani guy underwent sex change surgery) and Dagestani people on social media claimed that they will find him and kill him but seems like he is alive and allright. This guy https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Оскар_(певец) from Kabardino-Balkaria performed at LGBT festivals and he is still alive.
Two homosexual journalist was killed in Russia in 2016 http://www.spb.kp.ru/daily/26514/3383001/ https://www.inopressa.ru/article/11may2016/dailybeast/killing.html and if I'm not mistaken, guy who killed Tsilikin said (in court?) that he hates homosexuals and he killed Tsilikin because he was homosexual but police doesn't consider it as a hate crime.

Well, Germany didn't really want Chechnya to be free or part of Russia. Only America wants that.
The best thing for them would have been if they were incorporated into the Reich.
Which obviously would have made them a much better place together with the rest of the Caucasus.

That is what the west gets when they conspired against Germany which should rule over Europe.
Now you have Russian interest spread over half of Europe for the last 70 years and all of Eastern Europe is shit because of it.
Simply an inferior country that should not have been in power over that region in the first place.

Well, Germany didn't really want Chechnya to be free or part of Russia. Only America wants that.
The best thing for them would have been if they were incorporated into the Reich.
Which obviously would have made them a much better place together with the rest of the Caucasus.

That is what the west gets when they conspired against Germany which should rule over Europe.
Now you have Russian interest spread over half of Europe for the last 70 years and all of Eastern Europe is shit because of it.
Simply an inferior country that should not have been in power over that region in the first place.

Nice try. ;)

You think Chechnya have more autunomy than Tatarstan? I'm afraid it's not true.

Oh but it is. :)

According to wikipedia, it's 95% Muslim. You just aren't gonna change Islam. They kill gay people.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3470770/chechen-cops-parents-murder-gay-sons/
You don't know many people from the Caucasus do you? It's a very different mentality in comparison to Arab muslims.

I agree that Islam is a big influence to why they kill gays, but it's not the sole reason. People from the Caucasus tend to be extremely homophobic, regardless of their religion.

It's the combination of the stubborn conservative Caucasian macho mentality and Islam.

Wait, CNN told me Drumpf banned Islamic countries...
{<huh}

The West is only about freedom and self-determination when the person they want is in charge. We don't learn from history at all.

You don't know many people from the Caucasus do you? It's a very different mentality in comparison to Arab muslims.

I agree that Islam is a big influence to why they kill gays, but it's not the sole reason. People from the Caucasus tend to be extremely homophobic, regardless of their religion.

It's the combination of the stubborn conservative Caucasian macho mentality and Islam.
can confirm with the christian caucaus' guys i train with. We have gay/lesbian athletes who have to hide it out of fear from them.

Chechens are by a large half-brained savages. Look at the two gems from Boston in Tsarnaev tarbrothers. No different than Afghanistan, in actually in ways worse.
Their cultural tradition is wrestling goats at early age. Putin has put them to good use however by using them as mercenaries via Ramzan Kadyrov's dictatorial grip on the region.

Last edited:
Back