Why the massive inequality in Teacher/Sex crime sentencing?

It should be handled on a case by case basis. Female teacher hooking up with 17 year old boy, definitely wildly inappropriate, but not sociopathic or harmful.(most likely)

A female teacher "hooking up" with a fifth grade boy......that's bizarre, predatory, harmful, sociopathic and insane.

A male teacher hooking up with any female student is disturbing, no matter the age. Sorry feminists, there's a dynamic there that's predatory by nature, especially when we're talking about teenage girls. Hooking up with a 16 or 17 year old girl perhaps is a bit different than pedophilia, but it's still harmful and dangerous.

Well, in the case of the military, the law and employer are one and the same. It’s a violation of the UCMJ, and is punished accordingly. As for law enforcement and prison employees, I guess I hadn’t really thought about it, but it is something to be discussed I suppose.

Well like you said, the military has its own court system separate to civilians and they can treat soldiers however they agree to be treated when they sign up. I think it's something necessary in the military to maintain the integrity of the chain of command.

Now I can see the same argument for LEO, etc and superior/subordinate relations are widely shunned across all fields for similar reason. I don't think it's fair to put them in jail if consenting. Suspension/termination is a more reasonable punishment.

As for LEO with prisoners, it's a little different, you're getting into human rights issues and such there, beyond just a person in power. Prisoners are in essence powerless, but still I don't think sex between consenting adults should result in prison time for anyone.

Should guards be allowed to fuck prisoners? Of course not, they're a security risk. Get them out of the system.

Would be interesting if there was same sex cases to better see what is going on...female teacher and female student.
This is an especially important issue and I'd like to see any and all research, information, evidence etc related to this heinous crime so that I may better understand it.

Yep. It isn't specifically raping kids. Women get something like 68% less time than men for the same crimes on average.
Is this controlled for repeat offenders and similar enhancements?

Another rape victim forced to pay Child Support:

https://law.justia.com/cases/kansas/supreme-court/1993/67-978-3.html

He was 13 when she got pregnant. Kansas says the baby's needs are more important than the juvenile's.

California did it, too:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...0045_1_pay-child-support-child-support-behalf

He was 15 and she was 34.

Best quote regarding the double-standard:
"The idea that a woman would have to send money to a man who raped her is absolutely off-the-charts ridiculous," director of the advocacy group National Center for Men Mel Feit told azcentral.com in regards to the latest incident regarding Olivas. "It wouldn't be tolerated, and it shouldn't be tolerated."

Arizona's Department of Economic Security did not immediately returned Business Insider's request for comment Tuesday afternoon.

Leaning toward the death penalty, based on her picture.

She looked good in a one piece bathing suit coaching the girls team back in the day
A lot skinnier than what is in that picture

Is this controlled for repeat offenders and similar enhancements?

I believe so. It's a number that stuck in my head but I don't remember the exact parameters of the statistic.

Nor will there be

You'll just have to use your imagination
Well that's what I was doing, and then you had to go and link me to that shot of Weirdchin McNoLip. There is no chance of sexual restoration at this point. To the gallows with her!

in our society

Male Pedophile: "he deserves to rot in prison and be castrated"
Female pedophile: "nice"

its a mental illness. stop acting like pedophiles are Demon spawn from the depths of hell and need to suffer. we need to find the root cause of this mental illness and persuade them to seek help. obviously threatening to socially crucify and imprison them isn't working.
Pedophelia doesn't apply to sexually mature kids.

Back