Why the massive inequality in Teacher/Sex crime sentencing?

This is actually something up for debate, it can be argued that it's unconstitutional to legally punish teachers for have consensual sex with students that are within the age of consent.
If they ever eliminate the punishment for teachers, that would not be a good thing.

You can't have teachers trying to hook up with your 16-18 year old daughter. Or son for that matter.

in our society

Male Pedophile: "he deserves to rot in prison and be castrated"
Female pedophile: "nice"

its a mental illness. stop acting like pedophiles are Demon spawn from the depths of hell and need to suffer. we need to find the root cause of this mental illness and persuade them to seek help. obviously threatening to socially crucify and imprison them isn't working.

Could you imagine if male teachers having sex with female students was as rampant as it is with female teachers. Feminists would push to have laws in place so that men couldn't even teach.

People will make the argument that the male students aren't being taken advantage of, ok maybe if they're 17/18, but can you really say that about a 10 year old?

If they ever eliminate the punishment for teachers, that would not be a good thing.

You can't have teachers trying to hook up with your 16-18 year old daughter. Or son for that matter.

It could be considered unconstitutional to treat one profession different from others under the law.

The school can still fire them, but if a 30 year old construction worker fucks a 16-18 year old it's not illegal if it's within the state's age of consent laws.

The school can still fire them, but if a 30 year old construction worker fucks a 16-18 year old it's not illegal if it's within the state's age of consent laws.
I understand that, but the construction worker isn't teaching your daughter in the school classroom everyday.

I understand that, but the construction worker isn't teaching your daughter in the school classroom everyday.

So leave it to the school to terminate their employment.

Teachers shouldn't got to jail for something that wouldn't even go to court for another citizen.

So leave it to the school to terminate their employment.

Teachers shouldn't got to jail for something that wouldn't even go to court for another citizen.
I'm fine with it honestly.

There should be harsh penalties on teachers that hook up with their students, up through high school.

Part of sentencing I think is reflected on how much the victim was impacted. I can't imagine a 13 or 14 year old boy being too terribly broken up about this later in life.

I can.

Just imagine this leads to a pregnancy.

Now imagine trying to pay child support at 18.

And remember, if they can't come up with the money, it can mean jail time.

I'm fine with it honestly.

There should be harsh penalties on teachers that hook up with their students, up through high school.

Honestly I'm fine with it too, I think age of consent laws need a look at. Kids in highschool just shouldn't allowed to mess around with grown ups period.

It's just a strong argument constitutionally for it not to be like this.

It could be considered unconstitutional to treat one profession different from others under the law.

What about other professions where it’s also criminally punished due to differences in power though? For example in the military superior officer/subordinate, in the prison system Guard/inmate, in law enforcement cop/confidential informant. These are all examples where the person in power can end up in jail for having consensual relations.

What about other professions where it’s also criminally punished due to differences in power though? For example in the military superior officer/subordinate, in the prison system Guard/inmate, in law enforcement cop/confidential informant. These are all examples where the person in power can end up in jail for having consensual relations.

These are all similar instances and being debated in the courts now.

These are all similar instances and being debated in the courts now.
Interesting. I can’t imagine them being overturned due to the breakdown in discipline and risk of special treatment that it could lead to, but I didn’t know that they were being debated. Thanks for the info.

I can.

Are we sure a 13 year old is required by law to pay child support in a "rape" case? I guess we would have to research it. I was being somewhat facetious in my post but I see your point if something like a pregnancy occurred. Just the act itself I don't think has such a negative impact on a school age boy

Interesting. I can’t imagine them being overturned due to the breakdown in discipline and risk of special treatment that it could lead to, but I didn’t know that they were being debated. Thanks for the info.

Well, it's not about it not being punishable by the employer, but under the law.

It's perfectly fine to terminate them based on the company/prison policy, but is it ok to put them in jail for it too?

That's the question.

Under the constitution the law needs to apply to all profession equally.

Well, it's not about it not being punishable by the employer, but under the law.

It's perfectly fine to terminate them based on the company/prison policy, but is it ok to put them in jail for it too?

That's the question.

Under the constitution the law needs to apply to all profession equally.
Well, in the case of the military, the law and employer are one and the same. It’s a violation of the UCMJ, and is punished accordingly. As for law enforcement and prison employees, I guess I hadn’t really thought about it, but it is something to be discussed I suppose.

If men are ruined for life because they fucked a student, women should as well.
There's no even weak reason for the sentencing disparity.

I can.

Arizona Is Requiring A Male Statutory Rape Victim To Pay Child Support
http://www.businessinsider.com/male-statutory-rape-victim-nick-olivas-must-pay-child-support-2014-9

A 24-year-old man who impregnated a 20-year-old woman when he was 14 is being forced by the state of Arizona to pay $15,000 in back child support and medical bills, in addition to 10% interest — even though he was the victim of statutory rape and never even knew he had a child until two years ago, azcentral.com reports.

Back