Why the hype? Lee lost a round, almost got KOd and also lost to Al Iaquinta...

Peoples want to believe. Before fight with Khabib each opponent become demigod, after - just another can in list. Now Kevin's turn.

You must have confused Khabib with Conor there buddy...

makes iaquinta's title shot look better now though.

and - criticizing lee for not being able to just eat a spinning back kick from barboza is just stupid. he's an elite striker and kicks are his bread and butter - and that kick has knocked guys out cold before.

Kevin Lee is very unpopular and I don't see him get enough hype. People forget he had Ferguson in all kinds of trouble, and aside from getting wobbled by one of the most unique, dynamic strikers in the UFC he dominated last night.

Why is everybody hyping Lee?

Khabib didn't lose ANY round to Barboza, and Khabib ate a spin high kick from Barboza and was not rocked. Khabib also took almost no damage from Barboza (Barboza landed only like 6 punches in the entire fight against Khabib)

Lee lost the round that he almost got knocked out in and he couldn't eat a spin high kick without getting wobbled.

He also lost to Al Iaquinta. This hype confuses me.

They are hyping him because he has world-class wrestling and can negate Khabib's takedowns which are his main weapon (along with the ground and pound that comes afterwards)..

Styles make fights. Lee's wrestling looks to be pretty close to Khabib. At least close enough it wouldn't be a one-sided squash match on the ground which most of Khabib's fights resemble. Plus Lee's boxing looks better than Khabib and it will be interesting to see how Khabib deals with someone who can withstand his grappling.

I'm excited for a Lee vs Khabib matchup to be honest. Lee is one if the few guys who I see is
A. Not afraid Khabib's takedowns, and
B. Actually willing to try and take Khabib down/out wrestle him.

I honestly want to see how that plays out.

Khabib didn't lose ANY round to Barboza, and Khabib ate a spin high kick from Barboza and was not rocked. Khabib also took almost no damage from Barboza (Barboza landed only like 6 punches in the entire fight against Khabib)

Lee lost the round that he almost got knocked out in and he couldn't eat a spin high kick without getting wobbled.

He got caught way cleaner with that kick than Khabib did, that shit would have wobbled anyone. Hit right behind the ear.
Edson just threw that shit out of nowhere. After the pure domination in the first 2 rounds I think Kevin just got a little too comfortable and didn't see it coming at all.

Also he's way better since fighting Al
Al is a beast in his own right
Kevin put more damage on Barboza than Khabib did and got the stoppage

Pretty fuckin' impressive. I don't think he ever beats Tony, but he's a tough match-up for absolutely anybody, ESPECIALLY Khabib.

Did Barboza make it to the buzzer in one of those fights?
Did Barboza lose one of the fights by TKO?

People who don’t finish fights should find a new profession.
Everyone should STFU about winning rounds.

He lost to Iaquinta 12 fights ago. My best guess is that both of them are different. It was very impressive watching Lee dominate Barboza like that and it was not impressive watching Iaquinta get as badly dominated by Khabib. Lee might very well lose to Khabib but it would be an interesting fight and while Lee is improving, I don't see Iaquinta improving as much in the future.

I thought his GnP was better than Khabib’s
giphy.gif

OK Dude

Dude is 25
Dude damaged barboza more
In the first five minutes then Khabib did throughout the whole fight.

And get the fuck out of here if you think surviving that kick is a knock on Kevin at all

It shows the dude has a chin, has heart and displayed impeccable fight iq.
Immediately bringing the fight back to the floor..

It's debatable if Barboza even won that round, he landed one strike

Did Barboza make it to the buzzer in one of those fights?
Did Barboza lose one of the fights by TKO?

People who don’t finish fights should find a new profession.
Everyone should STFU about winning rounds.

THIS. Lee was more impressive vs Barboza imo. He actually finished

Kevin Lee is a phenomenal fighter, BUT he’s still a poor mans Khabib.

That’s not a knock on Kevin, just goes to show you how good Khabib is.

<seedat>
More well rounded

Not that similar other than they both wrestle

"Almost got KO'd" is not a great argument, given Tony almost got KO'd against both Lee and Lando.

In some ways it can be a negative, but in other ways it shows toughness and survival.

For Kevin Lee I think it was a good thing to prove he can survive that stuff, especially given how Khabib questioned his heart.
If he had got an "easy win" people would be skeptical and question if he would fold under pressure the next time.

Why the hype?

Because his chicken dance skills are GOAT!!!!!

G O A T !!

He made his own version of Chicken Ganga Style!

I just saw to cocky fighters who could not finish each other for five rounds

He looked like a killer last night.

I think he'll give Khabib serious problems.

Back