Why the hell was Dominick Reyes using a translator?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
During his post-fight interview Jimmy Smith (I believe) was interviewing Reyes and spoke to English to Dominick Reyes's translator who then spoke Spanish (I believe) to Reyes who replied in perfect English. Are we to believe that Reyes speaks perfect English but doesn't understand it when spoken to? What's going on here?

The event is in Chile, so the translator was translating for the crowd.

Can't tell if this is a serious thread.

But the translator was translating for the Chilean crowd.

He was translating for the crowd Reyes speaks English and knows it lol

Everything that everyone mentioned above but to add on to that, Spanish is the national language of Chile but Spanish spoken in Mexico for example, is different than Chilean Spanish. Prob just trying to appeal to a broader crowd.

Yep, it’s like this in all foreign events, the crowd wants to know what’s going on too

Dude, brown belt and you just realize this ?

Where the fuck you been

They always have a translator at foreign events so that the crowd can have the post-fight interview translated to them in their own language. Derp derp.

Your post not only answered the question, but your Av serves a purpose on this one too. Double whammy!

During his post-fight interview Jimmy Smith (I believe) was interviewing Reyes and spoke to English to Dominick Reyes's translator who then spoke Spanish (I believe) to Reyes who replied in perfect English. Are we to believe that Reyes speaks perfect English but doesn't understand it when spoken to? What's going on here?
You are not too terribly bright i take it.

<{cruzshake}>

{<BJPeen}

swallow , breathe slowly . it will come to you before you post in a hurry to get some obvious answers lol

The translators/translations always make for interesting or awkward moments during the interviews. I liked how Poliana had a confused look on her face at one point, then made a funny face that nearly made Jimmy laugh.

Back