Why The Hell Is TJ Killashaw Being Allowed To Go To 125?

I have said this before and I know I will get hate for bringing this up but why should DJ have so much on the line with very little to gain from this fight personally I think it should be @ 135 as MM has been a long serving champ with many title defence where as TJ has none since he has regained the belt , so why should TJ have the opportunity to become a 2 division champ with no risk in him losing his BW belt .
cuz MM is too pussy to go up. at 125 he forces tj to not be much bigger than him.

135 is stacked to the brim, and this guy is trying to clog up the assembly line. I like TJ Killashaw, but this is not the time to clog up two divisions.

The UFC keeps allowing these Champ-Champ fights even after all the debacles with McGregor and GSP.

There are beasts waiting for TJ Killashaw at 135. He needs to prove himself there, instead jamming up the division.

If beating Demetrious Johnson is more important than defending the 135 belt, then he should vacate and go down to 125 and fight DJ.

The end.
He should have never lost that nod to Cruz and had to earn his shot again unlike all the hype jobs.
He wants to end the DJ p4p nonsense.

wtf maybe you have the shauden fraude thing going on.

tj has never missed weight in any of the other weight classes nor does he seem like the kinda of dude to pull something like this.

borg actually missed weight/flu and ufe just rescheduled it at a later date.

im curious why do you think tj would try something liek that? are you already coming up with an excuse for the presumed loss.

Mostly because TJ isn't a small bantamweight, and he's never made 125, ever in the UFC. If he could "easily" make 125, he would have moved down already. This tells me his fight against Johnson will be a one-and-done. Win or lose, he won't stay at 125. If that's the case, then why would he care about making weight? Sure, being a 2-division champion is nice, but securing the win here is paramount.

Following this logic, TJ just wants to go down and beat Johnson, make him look bad, and break his undefeated streak. It doesn't actually matter if TJ wins the championship. Therefore the best way to do this is come in heavy, say 129 (rehydrate to 145). You could make some excuse, but say you're still willing to fight. All the while you intentionally missed weight and aren't more drained than usual.

It's basically making it a catchweight fight @ 130 without getting DJ to agree to it. And what's DJ going to do? If he refuses to fight, he'll look like the bad guy. But if he fights, he's facing an overwight opponent. It's a lose/lose for DJ, which is why this fight sucks. DJ deserves better.

How he will be slowing up FLW? It will be a defense for DJ, if he wins of course. Also there's no contender right now at FLW, Cejudo is on a 2 win streak only and Joe B already lost 2x to DJ. Doesn't bring any fun to FLW? Are you stupid? People here who couldn't care less about any FLW fight will tune in to see that fight, that's the biggest challenge ever of the so called P4P fighter on the world, how the fuck that doesn't bring fun? DJ fans are ridiculous smh

It's not a legitimate defense because T.J. has not earned a title shot.

He has never fought at Flyweight and has no business fighting for the title.

I'd rather see Ben Nguyen or another Joe. B. title shot. What the hell are you guys going to say when MM whips T.J.?

If TJ wins then what!? Another rematch!??!

No there's not, not like TJ vs DJ.

This is a REAL super fight. Its the best vs the best

TJ isnt some new champ who just won the belt either. He's the former champ and a lot of people argue he should've never lost the belt in the first place. If you say he won the Cruz fight, which a lot of people agree with, he would be on his 6th title defense.

Also you never told me who TJ should fight instead.

Should NOT be for the title and it's a fucking joke that it is.

I've been calling it since this fight was first proposed... I doubt TJ makes 125. He just wants to come in heavy at ~130, say he did his best, and have the UFC force DJ to fight him overweight. That way he can have a 10-15 pound weight advantage and beat DJ in a non-title fight.

He's just hoping to steal DJ's win streak thunder and make him look bad. Then he'll say some crap like "oh well I was sick and had a bad weight cut, but I could make 125 and beat him again".

If TJ comes in even a half a pound over 125, DJ should refuse to let the fight go on. Dillashaw should be forced to make the championship weight, even if he dies.

Agree. You know nobody in the UFC will even be mad if TJ misses weight. He needs to either take one fight at 125lbs vs a scrub. Or at least weigh in at 125 at an event without fighting at the event even.

Last edited:
Because all the MMA nerds and the UFC are jealous of DJ's success and think he's faced weak competition. They want to see him lose.

The German's call it schadenfreude: to take pleasure in the misery of others. They don't actually want to see see the fight, or even care of TJ can make weight. They just want to see DJ lose so they can take pleasure in it.

You're off-base on this one. The reason people dislike DJ is because he is seemingly ducking the only true test for him - TJ. He's not some mega-villain piece of crap like Ronda or Colby or whoever. If he fights TJ and wins, I think fans would rally around him because they would have no other reason to root against him. MMA fans DO actually want to see him fight and they DO care that TJ makes weight (hypothetically).

Even if DJ loses, I think some (not all) would give him props for taking the fight, depending on how competitive it is.

135 is Stacked with who ????

Recently ko necktat retired Dom and boring ass Asuncao?

This is the best moment for TJ vs Mouse in my opinion

Rivera
Assuncao
Moraes
Two former champs one win away from a TS.

Yes its stacked BUT i still want tk see TJ/DJ because 125 has no one and one more fight isnt going to be cruel injustice for anyone at 135.

Because all the MMA nerds and the UFC are jealous of DJ's success and think he's faced weak competition. They want to see him lose.

The German's call it schadenfreude: to take pleasure in the misery of others. They don't actually want to see see the fight, or even care of TJ can make weight. They just want to see DJ lose so they can take pleasure in it.

This is the feeling I've been getting too.

You're off-base on this one. The reason people dislike DJ is because he is seemingly ducking the only true test for him - TJ..

Then how most of the haters were rallying here even before there was even a whisper about TJ possibly going down?

Who the hell else is DJ going to fight? This is the most intriguing fight the manlet divisions may ever see, TJ doesn't have any clear cut contender, and the fight could happen relatively soon. I don't see a guy like TJ putting his rep on the line by saying he can make 125 then blatantly missing weight either.

Wouldn't doubt it if MM sits out until midget Pettis wins a couple fights then calls him out since that plan just failed hard most likely.

Mostly because TJ isn't a small bantamweight, and he's never made 125, ever in the UFC. If he could "easily" make 125, he would have moved down already. This tells me his fight against Johnson will be a one-and-done. Win or lose, he won't stay at 125. If that's the case, then why would he care about making weight? Sure, being a 2-division champion is nice, but securing the win here is paramount.

Following this logic, TJ just wants to go down and beat Johnson, make him look bad, and break his undefeated streak. It doesn't actually matter if TJ wins the championship. Therefore the best way to do this is come in heavy, say 129 (rehydrate to 145). You could make some excuse, but say you're still willing to fight. All the while you intentionally missed weight and aren't more drained than usual.

It's basically making it a catchweight fight @ 130 without getting DJ to agree to it. And what's DJ going to do? If he refuses to fight, he'll look like the bad guy. But if he fights, he's facing an overwight opponent. It's a lose/lose for DJ, which is why this fight sucks. DJ deserves better.

DJ already refused tj the first time. You just made up some random scenario in your mind. IF anything your scenario is actually helpful to dj if he loses he can retain his title.

I think what you are talking about is what boxers often do because there are a bunch of titles in boxing and some of them are meaningless

how is it a lose lose? you want dj to fight cejudo again or something?

Anyone can win or lose thats just fighting and thats these ppls profession. TJ can look stupid going down getting a loss to MJ. Does he care no?

The only thing that can rationalize ur way of thinking is fear for MM.

Agree. You know nobody in the UFC will even be mad if TJ misses weight. He needs to either take one fight at 125lbs vs a scrub. Or at least weigh in at 125 at an event without fighting at the event even.

Meanwhile, you'll continue to support Mighty Mouse fighting guys like Ray Borg who can't make weight and has to fire his nutritionist right after a failed weight cut for his mighty mouse fight lol

why do you want champs to fight scrubs? sounds like something MM would do.

noone was mad when borg missed weight against MM. noone even cared about the division.

Meanwhile, you'll continue to support Mighty Mouse fighting guys like Ray Borg who can't make weight and has to fire his nutritionist right after a failed weight cut for his mighty mouse fight lol

Borg has missed weight 3 times but at least he has made it about 10 times too. I just want TJ to show me once he can make it first (i don't think he can) I don't even care if he fights after making it. I'm more than fine with a Cejudo rematch at this point if Cejudo feels ready.

I'm not into bullying a great into taking a catchweight fight vs a guy who has never made the weight class even if it results in a good fight.

why do you want champs to fight scrubs? sounds like something MM would do.

noone was mad when borg missed weight against MM. noone even cared about the division.

I'd rather he not. I'm just saying TJ can fight anyone as a tune-up at the weight or simply weigh in at an advance event without fighting. I don't care. Just prove you can make it.

TJ missing weight and Dana bullying for a catchweight is as obvious as GSP never defending the 185lb belt.

I'd rather he not. I'm just saying TJ can fight anyone as a tune-up at the weight or simply weigh in at an advance event without fighting. I don't care. Just prove you can make it.

TJ missing weight and Dana bullying for a catchweight is as obvious as GSP never defending the 185lb belt.

I really hate tune up fights its biggest waste of time ever. MMA fighters fight very infrequently i dont wanna see a skilled fighter overmatch someone for a "tune up". Im sure TJ is actively trying to make weight you can see his insta or something. hes a beast at the gym and discipled. i have more faith in tj making weight than borg.

dana couldnt even bully MM to fight TJ the first time.

It's how Conor infused internet culture and mma with the manlet hate. It's a Crossover sports entertainment fight.

All I know is MM defenders are illogical. And Irishwhiskey is a shit poster on par with martialpoptarts, franc mitello and toner. And this is coming from a lurker who mostly observes.

Back