Why The Hell Is TJ Killashaw Being Allowed To Go To 125?

135 is stacked to the brim, and this guy is trying to clog up the assembly line. I like TJ Killashaw, but this is not the time to clog up two divisions.

The UFC keeps allowing these Champ-Champ fights even after all the debacles with McGregor and GSP.

There are beasts waiting for TJ Killashaw at 135. He needs to prove himself there, instead jamming up the division.

If beating Demetrious Johnson is more important than defending the 135 belt, then he should vacate and go down to 125 and fight DJ.

The end.
If it's just one fight at 125 against MM then it's fine. Dude has fought a murderer's row at 135 and deserved a superfight.

TJ vs DJ is an extremely high level fight. Its the definition of a true super fight.

Name who TJ should fight at 135 since its so stacked.

Other than Rivera, there's nobody. And Rivera isn't worthy of a title shot yet.

It's high level skill but there's high level skill all over every card. Stop being spoiled.

I love the fight but should not be for a title.

Fair point. If he'd won the belt and beat 3 or more top contenders and THEN wanted a break for a superfight I'd get it more than him winning the belt and immediately wanting a superfight WHILE also keeping his belt!

I agree. He can vacate if it's that important, but who am I to say?
Understandable. But he was calling for this fight before he actually won the title, so I think they want to capitalize on the build up from that whole debacle. & they still get to push the champ vs champ storyline.

Sells more if you have a Champ going down to fight for another Title.

Lets not act like this is going to sell well at all, TJ is just as bad of a draw as DJ. A champion who hasn't defended his title yet challenging for another one, sounds like another UFC fighter this forum loves to hate. But, when it comes to DJ possibly losing anything is fair.

Maybe the rumors are true that theyre trying to get rid of the 125 division. Because we all know TJ aint staying at 125 if he beats DJ. TJ wants DJ on his resume and be the champ champ.

If it's just one fight at 125 against MM then it's fine. Dude has fought a murderer's row at 135 and deserved a superfight.
"It is just one ..." is how everything starts. LOL

I remember McGregor and the UFC telling us that "McGregor is an active fighter, who will have no problems defending both titles simultaneously." 2 years later, still no title defenses. LOL

The UFC is pushing the sport further and further into the boxing model, and they don't even know it.

id say assuncao and rivera are the top 2 if rivera wins. if lineker beats rivera id give him the shot over assuncao.

It's high level skill but there's high level skill all over every card. Stop being spoiled.

I love the fight but should not be for a title.

No there's not, not like TJ vs DJ.

This is a REAL super fight. Its the best vs the best

TJ isnt some new champ who just won the belt either. He's the former champ and a lot of people argue he should've never lost the belt in the first place. If you say he won the Cruz fight, which a lot of people agree with, he would be on his 6th title defense.

Also you never told me who TJ should fight instead.

Last edited:
Lets not act like this is going to sell well at all, TJ is just as bad of a draw as DJ. A champion who hasn't defended his title yet challenging for another one, sounds like another UFC fighter this forum loves to hate. But, when it comes to DJ possibly losing anything is fair.

Don't ever compare Dillashaw to McGregor in that regards.

He's defended his belt 2x and lost it on the 3rd title defense in a razor thin split decision which a lot of people say he won. This is his 2nd time winning the belt, and while he wasn't champ, he was fighting the top contenders while Dominick Cruz was looking for easy defenses in Faber and Garbrandt.

McGregor has never even attempted to defend.

It will be funny if DJ put TJ away.

Why would that be so funny?

He's the P4P #1 and a GOAT contender right?

It shouldn't be funny at all if he wins, it should be expected.

Unless you agree that the scrubs and newbies he beats at 125 aren't very impressive at all.

Why would that be so funny?

He's the P4P #1 and a GOAT contender right?

It shouldn't be funny at all if he wins, it should be expected.

Unless you agree that the scrubs and newbies he beats at 125 aren't very impressive at all.

I'm with you. It will be funny to all the guys who say he is not talented because he fights at his weightclass.

Because all the MMA nerds and the UFC are jealous of DJ's success and think he's faced weak competition. They want to see him lose.

The German's call it schadenfreude: to take pleasure in the misery of others. They don't actually want to see see the fight, or even care of TJ can make weight. They just want to see DJ lose so they can take pleasure in it.

i cant speak for others, cuz there was a thread on here where it was who do you want to see get KO'd and ppl hate conors guts and a lot of other fighters too.

for me its i hear mm is a p4p goat best ever. and well this fight gives him a chacne to prove it. its the perfect matchmaking.

Slowing up TWO divisions is plenty of reason to hate on it and it doesn't bring any fun to Flyweight at all.

If T.J. gets owned quickly like Dodson got him back in the day it'll feel like a shit movie with a great preview.
How he will be slowing up FLW? It will be a defense for DJ, if he wins of course. Also there's no contender right now at FLW, Cejudo is on a 2 win streak only and Joe B already lost 2x to DJ. Doesn't bring any fun to FLW? Are you stupid? People here who couldn't care less about any FLW fight will tune in to see that fight, that's the biggest challenge ever of the so called P4P fighter on the world, how the fuck that doesn't bring fun? DJ fans are ridiculous smh

Because all the MMA nerds and the UFC are jealous of DJ's success and think he's faced weak competition. They want to see him lose.

The German's call it schadenfreude: to take pleasure in the misery of others. They don't actually want to see see the fight, or even care of TJ can make weight. They just want to see DJ lose so they can take pleasure in it.
We want to see DJ fight a legit guy of courses. Not duck a legit guy to fight Ray Borg in order to break a record. What's wrong with wanting to see a GOAT fight a legit top contender? I just want to see a good fight. Not a 1 sided domination that MM fights have been at Fly. The excuse he made to not fight TJ was weak also.

If TJ comes in even a half a pound over 125, DJ should refuse to let the fight go on. Dillashaw should be forced to make the championship weight, even if he dies.
wtf maybe you have the shauden fraude thing going on.

tj has never missed weight in any of the other weight classes nor does he seem like the kinda of dude to pull something like this.

borg actually missed weight/flu and ufe just rescheduled it at a later date.

im curious why do you think tj would try something liek that? are you already coming up with an excuse for the presumed loss.

TJ is scared of defending his 135 belt and wants to take on a much smaller opponent who is already undersized in his own division. Instead of challenging Holloway he wants an easier fight (what he thinks). Regardless.. I don't see TJ winning against DJ. DJ is packing on more muscle and will be leaner than usual at 125 and being the tactical genius that he is with Matt Hume on his side they will find a way to neutralize TJ's strengths and get the W.

Then he should vacate 135, and move down. If he wins, then he can come back to 135 and be a two-weight champion. That makes more sense.

vacating the belt for no reason kinda makes it pointless. you want the belt to be handed to cody? or have cody fight someone else for it. noone would believe he is the real champ until he faces tj again.

if a champ doesnt defend for a long time than you strip them.

Back