Why The Hell Is TJ Killashaw Being Allowed To Go To 125?

I have said this before and I know I will get hate for bringing this up but why should DJ have so much on the line with very little to gain from this fight personally I think it should be @ 135 as MM has been a long serving champ with many title defence where as TJ has none since he has regained the belt , so why should TJ have the opportunity to become a 2 division champ with no risk in him losing his BW belt .

Mainly for Mighty Mouse who has run out of contenders

TJ is a ducker that's why.

He comes from the Bisping school of shitty title defense.

Because DJ has a contract and they need to offer him fights. TJ wants to go down so why not give him the fight and try and build either guy's career.

He can make the weight and it is a super interesting fight

Also- TJ already fought 1-3

4&5 are booked
7 just brutally KOed 8

There isn't a clear cut contender right now and TJ has been active and fighting very elite competition.

Rivera, Lineker, or Moraes are all one great win away.

Next person to have an impressive top 7 win could earn a shot while TJ fights MM.

And by god does 125 need an interesting fight so people might actually care and get into a 125 title fight. We know mm beats all the flys, let's see if he can handle TJ, who he already ducked pretty blatantly.

Pay them, book it and let's see the most interesting 125 fight in the divisions short history!

Well said...

<mma4>

TJ actually doesn't have much to prove at 135. Who's he got to prove himself against?

He outclassed Lineker and Assuncao and KO'd Cody in the 2nd. Cruz is injured, and why should Cruz get a title shot anyway? He got his ass whooped by Cody.

That only leaves Rivera.

And he looks impressive but he still hasn't fought anybody of note. If there was a true contender at 135 currently I would agree with you, but you can't tell me that you would rather see TJ vs Rivera than TJ vs Mighty Mouse.

IMO Rivera should fight Moraes for a title shot.

TJ vs DJ isn't just a money fight. Its a high level MMA fight between 2 elite champs. This would be the biggest/best superfight in the UFC since GSP vs BJ Penn.

4&5 are booked
7 just brutally KOed 8

There isn't a clear cut contender right now and TJ has been active and fighting very elite competition.

Next person to have an impressive top 7 win could earn a shot while TJ fights MM.

And by god does 125 need an interesting fight so people might actually care and get into a 125 title fight. We know mm beats all the flys, let's see if he can handle TJ, who he already ducked pretty blatantly.

Pay them, book it and let's see the most interesting 125 fight in the divisions short history!
Bingo. This is the right time for a fight like this to happen because there isn't a clear cut number one contender in either division. Plus, the interest in this fight is less about TJ and 135, and more about MM. I think we all want to see just how great MM is. TJ is a legit p4p caliber fighter, so he'd be a great measuring stick for MM.

I have no problem with that. He should vacate 135 and challenge for the 125 belt. If he is successful, then he can vacate 125, and challenge for the 135 again.

This way, both divisions keep moving and nobody is mad. It is a bad idea to keep both belts and clogging up two divisions.

Look at what is happening with McGregor and what GSP had to do. It is pointless to say "I am a two weight champ" when you are not even going to compete in the division. Basically, all you are trying to do is win two fights in a row. Many fighters have won two fights in a row, they just weren't given a pointless "two weight champion" title. LOL
UFC is a business and what you suggests hurts the promotion of the fight, hence it will NEVER happen.

I get what you are saying but the real world application would be that TJ either picks one and drops the other if he wins or has to fight every 4 months and if he can't then either strip him or create an interim (remember working with reality of how things actually work in the UFC, so if he sells fairly well, they won't strip him but they'd sure af make interim belts, which Cody is already asking for)

DJ should be the one to move up, don't like the idea of TJ moving down unless he's giving up the belt at 135 if he wins the new belt.

Probably already answered, but It's not about a lack of challengers for TJ it's a lack of challengers for DJ

135 is stacked to the brim, and this guy is trying to clog up the assembly line. I like TJ Killashaw, but this is not the time to clog up two divisions.

The UFC keeps allowing these Champ-Champ fights even after all the debacles with McGregor and GSP.

There are beasts waiting for TJ Killashaw at 135. He needs to prove himself there, instead jamming up the division.

If beating Demetrious Johnson is more important than defending the 135 belt, then he should vacate and go down to 125 and fight DJ.

The end.

There was no debacle with Gsp or McGregor they sold more ppvs than the previous 3 or 4 title fights in their weight classes.

Its a business it's about making money

TJ is a ducker that's why.

He comes from the Bisping school of shitty title defense.

Yea fighting Cruz, Garbrandt, Assuncao and Lineker in a 5 fight stretch and then proposing a fight with the best 125er ever is pussy shit

Yea fighting Cruz, Garbrandt, Assuncao and Lineker in a 5 fight stretch and then proposing a fight with the best 125er ever is pussy shit

He didn't defend the belt against any of them.

Jesus fucking christ you are stupid.

He didn't defend the belt against any of them.

Jesus fucking christ you are stupid.

Youre the fucking moron he defended the belt against Cruz, even though he lost but yes facing DJ is some cowardly shit. Should be fighting Jimmie Decision machine Rivera in a fight no one gives a shit about.

4&5 are booked
7 just brutally KOed 8

You just destroyed this thread

Shut it down

This really makes no sense. Dana's currently slagging GSP off for not fighting the contenders at MW while actively trying to book this fight knowing TJ isn't staying at 125 if he wins. If the winner's not staying at the weight class just do the fight at 130.

I have said this before and I know I will get hate for bringing this up but why should DJ have so much on the line with very little to gain from this fight personally I think it should be @ 135 as MM has been a long serving champ with many title defence where as TJ has none since he has regained the belt , so why should TJ have the opportunity to become a 2 division champ with no risk in him losing his BW belt .
Dj has had all the time in the world to go up to bantamweight if he wanted to. If the fight was at 135 there would be an in built excuse for dj (not fighting at his natural weight). If dj truly wants to be regarded as pound for pound number one this is a challenge he needs to take

I have no problem with that. He should vacate 135 and challenge for the 125 belt. If he is successful, then he can vacate 125, and challenge for the 135 again.

This way, both divisions keep moving and nobody is mad. It is a bad idea to keep both belts and clogging up two divisions.

Look at what is happening with McGregor and what GSP had to do. It is pointless to say "I am a two weight champ" when you are not even going to compete in the division. Basically, all you are trying to do is win two fights in a row. Many fighters have won two fights in a row, they just weren't given a pointless "two weight champion" title. LOL
The division doesn't need a title fight every card to keep moving. They can fight over contender status while TJ puts a woopin on MM. Then he can vacate the 125 belt and they can have a tourney at 125 for a new champion. I'm amazed that people don't understand that this is a business. 125 just doesn't make money and that's the reason why this fight has to happen. How much does a MM fight sell? Is he breaking 1 million PPV buys? Money talks in business, no matter how talented you are. You have to generate revenue.

Yeah it's ridiculous to start calling out others especially someone smaller than you before you get at least one defense.
Hes already fought just about every contender in the division except rivera who doesn't really deserve a shot yet. Dj is smaller than everyone he faces, I don't see why this gets brought up. If tj makes 125 how is it any different to any other opponent he has faced in terms of size? It'd be different if tj expected him to come to 135

Back