Why Stipe is Getting Snubbed

Stipe is solid as a fighter, but he's cursed with an absolutely EPIC lack of charisma. He's on the minus side with regards to the x-factor that makes someone a star. The public will ever give much of a shit about him. That's why Dana wants him gone. He's bad for business, and UFC is a business before it's anything else (sadly).
this

it's DC's call. he wanted an easy fight, followed by a money fight, and then to ride off into sunset in March.

he wanted shogun then lesnar.

when shogun didnt happen and the opportunity came for lewis then lesnar, he took it.

miocic has been asking for the fight for months, DC's been saying no for months. Fighting stipe again is not in DC's plans at all, I thought that was fairly obvious.

That's why Stipe's resorting to calling him out multiple times. He's tryna smoke him out.

I feel bad for Stipe too. Everyone in the world knows he deserves a rematch, but DC has his plans.

My heart wants to see DC-Stipe rematch in Cleveland, but unfortunately, what we want and what DC wants are two different things.

Hes being treated terrribly.

The UFC should have offered HW GOAT a title shot after a pretty wide-open fight.

I want Stipe to get fired up, stop being polite and talk #$% and jack up the rating. I think he's starting to w Cormier disses.

Cuz he snubbed the Boss first:

ezgif.com-resize-74.gif

Feels all cool until you realize you werent the one signing the checks.

ezgif.com-resize-74.gif

Dana doesn't give a shit about that. If Stipe talked mad shit and hyped fights then did that he wouldn't care. Because Stipe is a genuinely nice person and conducts himself that was is why Dana doesn't like him.

Because he is extremely uncharismatic and puts no effort into promotion. That's why nobody wants to fight him, and the UFC doesn't want to have him lead a card.
Exactly the reason why

He pissed off Dana because he repeatedly haggled for more money after he saw how much Overeem made for their fight.

Blaydes is really the one getting screwed over. He makes 20/20 while Hunto and Overeem are make $750000-800000

Stipe about to get mighty moused if he doesn’t win his next one. Uncle Salty White never forgets.

I thought is has been proven... The Double-Champ does what he wants. And Stipe isn't bringing the check that Cormier wants.

To be fair, the double champ doesn't bring in the checks that the double champ wants either.

Stipe was decisively finished, without controversy, so there is no reason whatsoever for an immediate rematch.

Stipe should go out and get a win.

Assume Brock is next for DC...then assume Jones beats Gus even in a close fight (hell, even if Jones LOSES to Gus)...what argument is Stipe going to give for being 'next' when he decided to sit out all this time?

if I'm Stipe, I'm *begging* to fight Cain. huge fight, 'ring rust' for Cain, smashing DC's boy = DC may become motivated to fight Stipe over Jones...and in a shallow HW division, with DC close to retirement, losing to Cain wouldn't even set Stipe far back in the title picture.

Dana White: "You don't have to like me, this is business."
Also Dana: *punishes every single fighter that doesn't like him*
Makes sense to me. As a fighter, you don't have to like him. Business will be a lot better for you if you do though. You have to kiss ass in business if you're dealing with a real boss and want to make money. Make no mistakes about it, Dana is a boss. His net worth shows this to be true. You want to be in the good graces of the boss.

Yea you don't bite the hand that feeds you so for sure dana is saying fuck him

Maybe Stipe wouldnt be getting snubbed, if he hadnt gotten his ass knocked out......

What is the aversion to getting a win before challenging for the title?
I think the issue is the moving standard. Some undeserving fighters get immediate rematches when it’s convenient for the UFC, when deserving fighters do not. In this case, Stipe being very deserving.

ezgif.com-resize-74.gif

I like him,I really do ,the mistake he made was get beat by someone more popular then him.
He should get back to the grind and beat whoever is bellow him,make a statement( win by KO)and then ask for whoever above him.
He never was a player,thats the price you pay when you lose.
Ask Aldo.

Diaz bros slight Dana all the time and get treated fine. So do others.

Stipe was easily KOed in the first round by a short LHW. Not sure why everyone thinks he deserves an instant rematch. Does every former champ "deserve" an immediate rematch? After getting knocked out cold? In the 1st round? by the champ from a smaller division?

Jarl

Simple. DC doesn't want to risk his fairy tale ending. When he strolls into the sunset, he wants to be wheeling a wheelbarrow full of PPV money courtesy of Lesnar lovin' casuals.

Back