Why so much hate for cowboy ?

Seems like a weird thing to hate on him for. Like, many other fighters use such tactics - most with trash talk and being negative fakes. At least cowboys just being his laidback self
Not saying I hate him. Just stating a reason of why someone might.

Iirc several fighters have claimed Cerrone was, at best, racially insensetive.

And white people who say the n-word piss me off. Not because it’s morally wrong, but you just sound like an idiot.

So, I think Cerrone is an idiot. Entertaining fighter though. Always game.

He (allegedly) porked Miesha.
Whoever Porks Miesha gets hate around here.

LOL at allegedly
<{Heymansnicker}>

He thinks too much of himself, needs to humble a little bit. He’s good, but he made casuals think he’s great with his attitude.

Wasn’t he about to have his first baby? WTH happened to that? Why does he decide to fight IN SINGAPORE when his first child is about to be born?

I farted once when I was in front of him, and he said it stank... why I don't like him. I'm pretty sure he's a hick, so people saying 'give the whole being a cowboy schtick a rest', must not know too many hicks. They typically don't rock Jordan's and cornrows... They wear Thorogood boots and levi/wrangler jeans.

He's always down to fight, hard to hate on somebody that goes all over the world to fight people.

Entertaining fighter and all, but he's a bit of a cunt outside of the cage.

LOL at allegedly
<{Heymansnicker}>

He thinks too much of himself, needs to humble a little bit. He’s good, but he made casuals think he’s great with his attitude.

Wasn’t he about to have his first baby? WTH happened to that? Why does he decide to fight IN SINGAPORE when his first child is about to be born?
His wife is with him. They live a different lifestyle than most. Str8 up ADHD. I wish I had some of that energy.

dumb hat he wears

crybaby

gets finished easy

I've seen a lot sherdogger hating the guy , personally im a big fan of him and i have no idea why people hate him. He have a very fan-friendly fighting style is very active and is a very nice guy who has a very interesting life outside the ring .
Some people like to find reasons to like people and other people like to find reasons to dislike people. Its a reflection of the amount of turmoil and darkness in an individual's heart. The vast majority of sherdoggers fall into the latter camp.

If everybody was like him mma would be in better place imo. Could u imagine if all the big names fought a minimum of 3-4 times a yr? They would get the exposure many want. The problem is they aren't willing to take the chances in the octagon. Guys like till and Covington think they are on the verge of being huge stars. They aren't because they haven't fought enough guys at the top of divisions. Both got one good win on their resume and they both disappeared for 6+ months just recently returning. For all the hate conor got his rise came from fighting so often following the poirier fight. Got one showcase fight against siver and then fought Mendes, aldo, nate twice, and Eddie in a very short time period.

LOL at allegedly
<{Heymansnicker}>

To be fair sometimes you gotta work around family situations. But I agree the guy acts like he on top of the Mt. Rushmore of MMA.

Some people like to find reasons to like people and other people like to find reasons to dislike people. Its a reflection of the amount of turmoil and darkness in an individual's heart. The vast majority of sherdoggers fall into the latter camp.

Thank you for your analysis Dr. Phil

Don't know why anyone would hate on Cerrone (specially after he got beaten like a hoe to an inch of his life vs Masvidal and Tll).

He has a decent Muay Thai game .. outside of that will never see gold in the UFC, and as a person he seems pretty shallow and a quitter. A bit of a fool and poser too, if you ask me.

Cowboy Cerrone fights a hundred times a year and go balls out win or lose. Only a Sherdogger could dislike him.

I'd like him more if he wasn't walking around calling black people ':eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s'

75545857.jpg

If not for his anxiety before fights that make him freeze up and his sensitive liver, he might have held the belt. Still one of my all time favorite fighters to watch.

There was a long ass thread about it 4-5 years ago. He'd start fights at bars with civilians, and grope fan's girlfriends. I think the dude is a bit of a phony, good fighter who chokes at the worst time.
That behavior is kinda surprising to me because of his good dude "cowboy" persona... but then again not really. I don't expect a single man (or woman) who makes their living attempting to beat other people to the brink of death to be a good person. I think most fighters are closer to Jon Jones (sociopath, narcissist, w/e u wanna call him) than they are to Demetrious Johnson (gamer, family man, duck*), it's the type of personality that allows them to be successful in their chosen career path. So I don't really worry much about how these people act outside of the cage, I'm not naive.

*JUST KIDDING! I figured that might trigger some people - just trying to be a true sherdog poster and be an asshole.

Back