Why should Connor return to UFC?

Yes. I watched the fight 3 times. In the later rounds, the referee stopped the fight for a low blow. All the boxing announcers said that was not a low blow. The Ref saved Floyd from Conor's rampage onslaught of violence that was about to occur.

So if he did get hurt buy one of clowners goofy shots and drew a stoppage from the ref to recover, that is experience and using the rules to your advantage.

Maybe Connie should have done that in the next round before he started eating every shot thrown at him and getting tko'ed. It would not have mattered anyway. The dude is a gasser.

It is pretty sad when a professional athlete can't make it to the conclusion of a match and his opponent figures to hell with a game plan, I just need to go out there and have some fun and this idiot will eliminate himself before the end of the fight anyway. The cherry on top was when Floyd tee'd off on him.

Uh, defend his belt for one. If he isn't gonna defend it - and against a worthy challenger, I mean - then vacate it already and move forward. The world doesn't revolve around McGregor.

10mill are 10mill. nothing to be dismissive like pfft 10mill and that's it?
plus sponsor and secret bonuses. he should consider himself lucky

V1sJ-A.gif
How many times are you going to post this GIF? I mean I dislike Conor as much as the next guy but he lost to one of, if not the greatest, boxer of all time. Like, no shit.

How many times are you going to post this GIF? I mean I dislike Conor as much as the next guy but he lost to one of, if not the greatest, boxer of all time. Like, no shit.
sure but everyone is not saying "one of the greatest of all time" now in hindsight when before the fight it was "floyd has never tasted power like conor's" . "Head clean off" "conor is boxing" etc...

Then after little old floyd put a schooling, carried him and gave him brain damage it was all - "well what did you expect floyd is the GOAT" "Moral victories" etc.

Dana has stated they have hit financial roadblock with Conor wanting to Co Promote with for all future Conor UFC events. Fact is out GSP and Jones, no other fighters can do 1 million PPV buys.

Conor has 3 choices:

1. Fight Paulie in boxing. Give UFC a much smaller cut this time. +30 Million
2. Fight Tony in UFC. + 10 Million assuming UFC doesn't budge on Co Promoting.
3. Fight GSP at LW. +20 Million. Could be biggest UFC gate of all time. Over 2 Million PPV buys.

GSP at Lightweight? Ya ok... the days of GSP speculating that he could make 155 are long past. It would have to be at 170

Conor could also fight Nate (which both guys want). Plus there are media rumors that Conor wants to box Oscar De La Hoya. If that comes to fruition, Conor stand to make a lot of money. De Lay Hoya was a huge draw and coming out of retirement to fight Conor is almost as big as the Mayweather fight.

He can probably make more money fighting (and losing to) retired boxers, but damn, that pesky contract...

Dana has stated they have hit financial roadblock with Conor wanting to Co Promote with for all future Conor UFC events. Fact is out GSP and Jones, no other fighters can do 1 million PPV buys.

Conor has 3 choices:

1. Fight Paulie in boxing. Give UFC a much smaller cut this time. +30 Million
2. Fight Tony in UFC. + 10 Million assuming UFC doesn't budge on Co Promoting.
3. Fight GSP at LW. +20 Million. Could be biggest UFC gate of all time. Over 2 Million PPV buys.

Can you post a link to any where Dana says they have hit a financial roadblock? I have found nothing by Dana claiming to have hit a snag in their negotiations.

He doesn't have to return I really don't care. I just need him to stop getting belts and not defending them.

Stop holding up the divisions!

GSP at Lightweight? Ya ok... the days of GSP speculating that he could make 155 are long past. It would have to be at 170

Conor could also fight Nate (which both guys want). Plus there are media rumors that Conor wants to box Oscar De La Hoya. If that comes to fruition, Conor stand to make a lot of money. De Lay Hoya was a huge draw and coming out of retirement to fight Conor is almost as big as the Mayweather fight.
That is the most awesome thing I have ever read. I like Conor vs Oscar and Conor vs Chavez Sr. Conor is forming his own boxing seniors division. LOL

Can you post a link to any where Dana says they have hit a financial roadblock? I have found nothing by Dana claiming to have hit a snag in their negotiations.
WTF. He said it twice at GSP vs Bisping Pressers.

So if he did get hurt buy one of clowners goofy shots and drew a stoppage from the ref to recover, that is experience and using the rules to your advantage.

Maybe Connie should have done that in the next round before he started eating every shot thrown at him and getting tko'ed. It would not have mattered anyway. The dude is a gasser.

It is pretty sad when a professional athlete can't make it to the conclusion of a match and his opponent figures to hell with a game plan, I just need to go out there and have some fun and this idiot will eliminate himself before the end of the fight anyway. The cherry on top was when Floyd tee'd off on him.
Conor is a MMA god. He is a direct descendent from Irish warriors who held off the Brits in the 1400s.

I’m only interested in him defending a damn belt, but he’s never done that in his entire career, so I’m not expecting much. Happy for him to retire and pursue other opportunities.

I’m only interested in him defending a damn belt, but he’s never done that in his entire career, so I’m not expecting much. Happy for him to retire and pursue other opportunities.
Conor is not retiring. He is fighting Oscar and Chavez Sr in boxing for 200 Million.

Back