Why Rizin and KSW only have 4 to 5 events a year?

Sakakibara says he want to hold about 20 events (4 big events, 4 mid-size events (same level as Rizin 12), monthly small-size events) next year.

Wow, they must be doing well if that is their plan. Would love to see it.

Yeah, he's actually serious about this, the news is already out on Yahoo headlines. He gave an interview explaining that starting in 2019, RIZIN would consist of 3 pillars/arrows:

4 large scale shows at Saitama, considering the slowly but steadily increasing attendance figures at the venue he aims for an eventual goal of 25000 on NYE 2019

4 mid scale shows on the level of RIZIN 12, designed for venues with a capacity of ~5000. Called RIZIN 12 a successful test run of that concept.

12 small scale shows with cards designed for venues on the level of Korakuen Hall, which would mean for a capacity of ~2000

Can't wait.

Yeah, he's actually serious about this, the news is already out on Yahoo headlines. He gave an interview explaining that starting in 2019, RIZIN would consist of 3 pillars/arrows:

4 large scale shows at Saitama, considering the slowly but steadily increasing attendance figures at the venue he aims for an eventual goal of 25000 on NYE 2019

4 mid scale shows on the level of RIZIN 12, designed for venues with a capacity of ~5000. Called RIZIN 12 a successful test run of that concept.

12 small scale shows with cards designed for venues on the level of Korakuen Hall, which would mean for a capacity of ~2000
Honestly, I don't trust what Sakakibara says.
It's impossible Rizin to hold 20 events per year unless they merge DEEP.

I get the feeling he might be preparing a plan to attempt survival post-FujiTV, he hasn't seemed confident in their ability to get their ratings up. I don't see 20 happening though, that's going to be a ONE level promise failure.

Honestly, I don't trust what Sakakibara says.
It's impossible Rizin to hold 20 events per year unless they merge DEEP.
Well DEEP already basically gives RIZIN whatever fighter they want. The only way I realistically see them hitting 20 events is if they start lending their name out to regional promoters similar to what Shooto and KOTC do

can't launder millions of shady money if you org, doesn' make that much

Sakakibara says he want to hold about 20 events (4 big events, 4 mid-size events (same level as Rizin 12), monthly small-size events) next year.
20 events would be way too much imo and perhaps end up destroying the product.

I think Fuji TV will broadcast only 4 big events.
As long as the big 4 can maintain their quality I guess it could be okay. But I worry that if you give each small Rizin show even just 1 name to help sell, it would eventually add up, and prevent them from delivering stacked cards.

No way Rizin can do 20 events in a year. They don't have the roster even if they borrow talent from friendly organizations. The last card Rizin FF 12 was barely deep enough to even be a card and that was with only 7 MMA bouts supplemented by 5 kickboxing bouts. I enjoy the Rizin cards for what they are, but that's way too ambitious. Maybe they can do 6 to 8 cards in a year realistically.

Only gap where I feel like we needed another Rizin event was January to May. I think they could have put one somewhere in between those months.

But I worry that if you give each small Rizin show even just 1 name to help sell, it would eventually add up, and prevent them from delivering stacked cards.

This. If they want to increase they should do 6 shows next year (from 5 this year) and than increase by 1 a year from there (I think 1 monthly show is good for them).

Only gap where I feel like we needed another Rizin event was January to May. I think they could have put one somewhere in between those months.

If they want to do 5 shows a year (like they are doing now):

March
June
Aug
Oct
Dec (NYE)

Would keep their momentum through the year.

There is always alot of talk in JMMA when talking about growth and it rarely comes to fruition. So I'll wait and see what 2019 looks like but I sure aren't holding my breath on 20 shows. Outside looking in it looks like they have hard time finding fighters/interesting match ups for 4 events.

They struggle to fill out the cards they do have. Rizin hasn't taken off or been a hot spot like people thought.

And KSW seems content to have their two big stars Pudz and Mamed trade off on big shows until the end of time.

Waited for months and now KSW 45 is coming, oh please please KSW.

Make it a monthly event next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back