Why release serial rapist???

Im glad you agree that some criminals can't be rehabilitated.

That doesn't really have anything to do with rehabilitation. That's an amalgam of retributive and restorative justice, which are very different penal goals from rehabilitation. Rehabilitation is the purpose of reforming a criminal so that he can be released while being less likely to do shitty things in the future. What you're talking about is fixing the past crime.

This is low-grade hysterionics.

The debt must be paid. If you murder someone, then your own life must be forfit. Anything less isn't justice. And justice must take priority to rehabilitation.

I completely agree.

In terms of danger to the public and likelihood to reengage in harmful behavior, serial rapists >>>> rapists >>>>>>> literally everyone else.

Pedophiles?

Pedophiles?

No, forcible rapists are far, far more likely to recommit than pedos, who are usually not aggravated-type offenders, i.e. don't overcome physical resistance of their victim. There actually seems to be data suggesting that, on the whole, pedos rehabilitate better than the entire subset of sexual felons.

But, in my experience, aggravated rapists -- like guys who rape at gunpoint -- are the single least rehabilitate-able offenders in the game. Having that level of disregard for a person's autonomy and personal boundary is an emotional and intellectual lacking that I do not know that you can manufacture into someone.

I just read an article last night in our local paper detailing how a brutal serial rapist who served over 20 years, who raped 18 women that we know of is slated to be released despite warnings from officers and other staff who voiced concerns that he may re-offend or even kill......after i googled similar cases, it seems this happens often. Guy rapes numerous women, goes to jail, shows no signs of remorse or recovery....gets released???

How and why does this happen....? I know our justice system here in canadia is broken but i mean damn....if there was ever the type of person you dont want back on the streets. What kind of clown show system are we running here?

Wow, you got way too much time on your hands to make threads that have been done a 100 times.

Maybe talk about Big Kahuna burgers.
You used to be beautiful Jules.

Now, not so much.

You need to get out of the sherdog life and roam the country getting into adventures and stuff.

I just read an article last night in our local paper detailing how a brutal serial rapist who served over 20 years, who raped 18 women that we know of is slated to be released despite warnings from officers and other staff who voiced concerns that he may re-offend or even kill......after i googled similar cases, it seems this happens often. Guy rapes numerous women, goes to jail, shows no signs of remorse or recovery....gets released???

How and why does this happen....? I know our justice system here in canadia is broken but i mean damn....if there was ever the type of person you dont want back on the streets. What kind of clown show system are we running here?

What state was this in? Can you post the article, because I can't fathom that a parole board would allow this or that someone that raped 18 people would only get 20 years.

Dude served his sentence, he owes nothing more to society for the crimes he committed. He's a complete piece of shit, but that's not relevant to the discussion of incarceration. If it's believed he's got mental health problems that should keep him off the streets, that's a separate concern, and one that, if not properly considered before his most recent conviction, represents a very real potential for injustice.

Having that level of disregard for a person's autonomy and personal boundary is an emotional and intellectual lacking that I do not know that you can manufacture into someone.
Grooming a child for sex isn't any better pal.

Whether it's "better" or not, it's behaviorally distinct in terms of rehabilitation.
Would you want to live next to a recently released serial rapist or child molester?

Put a bullet through their heads and be done with it.

Would you want to live next to a recently released serial rapist or child molester?

Put a bullet through their heads and be done with it.

That's not really the topic.

When criminologists, criminal justice system administrators, and the like talk about and plan rehabilitation, and predict recidivism, they don't just cut the conversation short and say "either way, I'd kill him if he lived next to me" just to virtue signal how manly they are and how intolerable they find the persons's crimes to be. Because that's not how it works in the adult world.

That's not really the topic.

When criminologists, criminal justice system administrators, and the like talk about and plan rehabilitation, and predict recidivism, they don't just cut the conversation short and say "either way, I'd kill him if he lived next to me" just to virtue signal how manly they are and how intolerable they find the persons's crimes to be. Because that's not how it works in the adult world.
Lol at me virtue signalling... Child molesters and rapists are not cut out for society, especially the "serial" ones. Get real.

To quote you, "Go fuck yourself, Barney Fife." ;)

Lol at me virtue signalling... Child molesters and rapists are not cut out for society, especially the "serial" ones. Get real.

I agree. But we don't get to decide unilaterally who gets life sentences. And that doesn't mean we can't make observations and notice trends about rehabilitative qualities. It is my experience, and I believe there is some data to back this up, that forcible or aggravated rapists are less rehabilitate-able than non-forcible ones, almost universally. And sex criminals in general, unless you're including drug addicts and considering the act of getting high a crime, are generally worse than others.

To quote you, "Go fuck yourself, Barney Fife." ;)

If I'm to be remembered for one quote, I'm glad it's that one, haha.

Pic of rapist so we can base our educated sherdog opinion ?

Whats funny is they were not allowed to even disclose his identity for some fcked up canadiana justice reason. Motherfuckers rape and rape but lets not take away their rights.

Wow, you got way too much time on your hands to make threads that have been done a 100 times.

Maybe talk about Big Kahuna burgers.
You used to be beautiful Jules.

Now, not so much.

You need to get out of the sherdog life and roam the country getting into adventures and stuff.

Every thread has been done a hundred times, some need to be re-introduced to make sure people dont forget how fucked up this kind of bullshit is.

What state was this in? Can you post the article, because I can't fathom that a parole board would allow this or that someone that raped 18 people would only get 20 years.

It was in a vancouver paper in bc....not the states. Ill find it and upload here

http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/980

My state will take dudes with a high risk of re-offending and send them to a mental institution until it is believed they wont do it again once their prison term is up. We refer to it as civil confinement .

Back